Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 TransAm Forumla 1- vacuum tee on back of intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 TransAm Forumla 1- vacuum tee on back of intake manifold

I need to replace the vacuum tee on the back of the intake manifold that supplies the brake booster with vacuum and also where the MAP center goes into. Part # 8 on the attached diagram. I am having trouble finding this part or even a technical name for it. Anyone know is this part is replaceable? Any information would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 TransAm Forumla 1- vacuum tee on back of intake manifold-intake-manifold.jpg  

Last edited by CamaroLance; 07-18-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It's not sold separately, I'd look for a used LS1 intake manifold, even a damaged used one would be fine as long as the damaged wasn't at the rear and the price was low.
You should be able to get a used LS1 intake manifold fairly cheap sine everyone wants a LS6 intake manifold.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 912 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroLance
I need to replace the vacuum tee on the back of the intake manifold that supplies the brake booster with vacuum and also where the MAP center goes into. Part # 8 on the attached diagram. I am having trouble finding this part or even a technical name for it. Anyone know is this part is replaceable? Any information would be appreciated.
I'm going to assume your's is broken. If so do you still have the piece that broke off?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:55 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

First off, this section is the INTERNAL ENGINE section, you know, pistons, rods, cranks.

That part does not have a part number and cannot be purchased on it's own. It can't be removed without breaking it unless you cut the manifold open and depress the two tabs that lock it in place.

If you get a donor manifold and get the fitting out, you can drill, cut or grind your old one until it falls out and pop in the one from the donor manifold.

You could ask nascarnate326 what he's gonna do with this manifold https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...mine-junk.html and maybe he'll see it to you for the fitting.

Quick Reply: 2000 TransAm Forumla 1- vacuum tee on back of intake manifold