Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP PP Stage 2 LS1 perimiter bolt head flow numbers!!($999.99)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kens_02SS
Well try to get that price for newer 01-02 heads and then i can afford some
The 01/02 heads are only $1295 and you get to keep your stockers. You can sell them for $250 and that'll put at a little over a grand for a kick *** set of heads.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:24 AM
Banned

Don't take this the wrong way, LOL, but you don't even own these heads and you're pimping them? Now I've seen everything.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Patriot Heads

Patriot heads are on Scott's car.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Banned

No not him, the guy who made the original post. We all know how Patriotic Gomer is. lol
Old 05-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Banned

Hey Fluffy, how's the car coming along?
Old 05-24-2004, 02:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its ok silversmurfy...still got stumble...im gonna try a few more things probably on tuesday & if they dont work gonna call cartek up and see what else they can do for me. Ive been busy working at other branches of my bank and really havent had much time to do anything to the car since last you heard. See you updated your sig...did u lift to not run the 11 or was that what you got out of it? What size vert did u end up putting in?

lata
Bill
Old 05-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Banned

Didn't lift, it was hot as *****. It's been loosened up from 2800 to about 3200. Pops a lil wheelie. It's fun at the track but can't hook on the street with the nittos.

Still gotta change the knock sensors. New plugs, O2s and a fuel filter would help. I still don't know how guys are getting their cars down to 3350 lbs. No jack/spare/front sway bar/rear seats and belts. Weighs 3540-3560 with 1/2 tank and 195 lbs of lil ol me. So unless I drop big bucks on a tubular K, A arms, light brakes I don't see how that'll happen. Not looking to gut the car of bumpers and A/C. Skinnies and welds would drop another 50-70 lbs. So that would be right around 3470-3490, somewhere around there.

Last edited by SilverSurfer; 05-24-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SilverSurfer....I dont really care about the comment you made, but who cares???? For one I was just forwarding along some info on a REALLY great deal that I thought would benefit alot of other people, INCLUDING myself, I AM going to be buying these heads within the next month. And besides there is TONS of discussion that goes on on this board that has to do with products that people don't currently own. its whatever i guess. If you dont like my post dont look at it.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Banned

Bro, you sounded like a Patriot commercial. You're so interested in buying these heads that you didn't even look at Patriot's page? PUHLEZE.

Psst........It right there on the right side of this page. ----------->

Just figured I'd pass along some great info your way. lol
Old 05-25-2004, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Whatever Richard, Im not endorsing anyone like a commercial. And pssst....I know where the icon for the link to patriots page is, and i did look at patriots page. I just preferred to talk with TSP and see if they had ACTUALLY flowed some of the heads themselves.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
...I still don't know how guys are getting their cars down to 3350 lbs. No jack/spare/front sway bar/rear seats and belts. Weighs 3540-3560 with 1/2 tank and 195 lbs of lil ol me. So unless I drop big bucks on a tubular K, A arms, light brakes I don't see how that'll happen. Not looking to gut the car of bumpers and A/C. Skinnies and welds would drop another 50-70 lbs. So that would be right around 3470-3490, somewhere around there.
Your cars already in the 3350 range but you already knew that I am at 3305 with the stock converter minus passenger seat, frnt bar and brackets, spare and jack, and rear seats/belts. If you really want to drop the pounds remove the front, rear, and side crash protection...Here's some other suggestions https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...reduction+list
Old 05-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Banned

LOL, but tell me something Alotta Fagina, isn't it amazing how TSP's flow numbers are [/B]exactlly[B] 2 cfm lower than Patriot's for every single lift tested both on the intake and exhaust? That's amazing. Guess they must have tested the exact same port on the exact same head but on 2 different benches. LOL RIGGGHHHHHTTTT.

Torqued, I'm talking about race weight with driver you big silly. lol And I've read that list several times. Rear speaker covers, sun visors, windshield washer tank, radio head unit, A/C.......please. As far as removing the major safety components in my car, that ain't happening. I was involved in a pretty bad accident back in March. A drunk and high on coke bimbo lost control of her car and came sliding at me at about 50 mph. 2 lane road, she's in my lane and I got nowhere to go. Thank god I walked away, she's paralized from the waist down.

So here's a bit of good advice to all of you out there who drive around with no air bags, door beams, bumpers, abs...........you don't have control over the actions of other drivers on our roads. You're taking your life into your own hands. If you get into a serious accident with major injuries and the police do a crime scene and impound the vehicles for testing, you're screwed. The insurance companies will get a copy of that report aswell and I don't think they'll be to keen on paying you lots of money for injuries sustained while operating a non roadworthy vehicle.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

VERY WELL SAID....is a 1/10th or so worth your life????? victor
Old 05-25-2004, 03:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by racrx
VERY WELL SAID....is a 1/10th or so worth your life????? victor
damnit that stuff easily comes out to 2/10th's get it right

in all honesty most of those cars are not DD's so dont fret and besides nothing you mentioned smurfy was safety related Rear speaker covers, sun visors, windshield washer tank, radio head unit, A/C or did u mean that was what you wouldnt mind takign out? Keep in mind bias plys weigh less then DR's, lightweight carpet, some race with nothing but a drivers side racing seat in, AIR!, EGR! all that crap adds up, catch can instead of the resovior, remember every gallon of fluid is 7lbs of weight so 1/2 tank of gas might be 60lbs of weight...Jersey TA is a perfect example of weight savings just the drivers seat, 1/4-1/8 tank of gas, slicks/skinnies...thats the visible stuff I still think hes got a/c but thats nearly 50lbs of crap waitin to come out. Bottom line is it all adds up once you run out of free stuff you start buying parts, my rear LCA's weighed less then the stocker, aluminum DS over steel, relocating a lightweight battery to the back for not only weight savings but better transfer...you dont always have to sacrifice safety for weight savings.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The flow numbers posted should definitely be close to what's posted on Patriot's website because Patriot is the one that flowed them! When Brian asked me about flow numbers for the PP 5.7L perimeter-bolt heads, I told him I did not have them on hand but would get some from Patriot and e-mail them to him. I was given a set of flow numbers off a set of heads that Patriot had flowed earlier that day, so I don't find it out of the norm for the flow numbers to be within 2 cfm of what's published. I'm not in the business of lying to customers and never will be. I simply pass the information on that I am given.

Feel free to call or e-mail me if you have any other questions.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 05-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Banned

Lol Fluffy, I like the Silversmurfy nickname. I DO mind taking out all those things I mentioned. This is my daily driver, not my ricer rocket. I'm not putting in those gay *** racing seats in my car and I'm not driving/racing my car without a passenger seat. I chuckle everytime I see a ricer at the track with no seats. I hope I'm not insulting any former ricers who now own an LS1. LOL I want to know what my car runs as street driven when I go to the track. I went this past Sunday and it was hot as *****. I met a buddy of mine who parked his car and was watching because he didn't want to race his car in the heat. I told him that was gay. And it IS. LOL

I try and enjoy my car in all seasons and with the creature comforts and safety features it came with. I got slicks and skinnies for the car, never used them cause I don't drive on them on the street. I'll save them for our race. LOL

Trevor - The ham bone who made the original post made it sound like he had this amazing info to share with the world. He spoke to you and got the goods. Read the heading on this post.... TSP PP blah blah blah. Sounds like an advertisement to me. I would have told him to go to Patriots website. Wait, I did. LOL
Old 05-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Staging Lane

SilverSurfer, who gives a flying f*ck if it was an advertisement or not? Can't a guy post about something to discuss with his fellow LS1 enthusiasts??

Last edited by 00BlacknWhiteSS; 05-26-2004 at 02:21 AM. Reason: signature
Old 05-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Banned

Sure he can, but what exactlly was the discussion about? Did he ask a question? Did he review a product he already owns? No, he spamed.

Oh jeepers, guess I pissed off another shop *****. LOL
Old 05-26-2004, 10:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Trevor - The ham bone who made the original post made it sound like he had this amazing info to share with the world. He spoke to you and got the goods. Read the heading on this post.... TSP PP blah blah blah. Sounds like an advertisement to me. I would have told him to go to Patriots website. Wait, I did. LOL
You're right, I could've told him to go to Patriot's website. However, we go out of our way to help our customers. He called me for a reason, and there's absolutely no reason that I cannot get information for him on products that we sell. I would to it for ANY parts that we sell, no matter who manufactures them. I'm in the business to sell parts and help customers, not blow them off like they're unimportant. I gave him the info. If he felt the need to post it, then I would say that's his right as an LS1Tech.com member. It looked like a post that was geared towards sharing information on parts that he found and thought others would be interested in. That's what is great about LS1Tech.com. Members constantly share information with each other. It's hard to bribe a board member to post information if he didn't buy anything. It's up to the individual what they do with the information.

Trevor
Old 05-26-2004, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
It's hard to bribe a board member to post information if he didn't buy anything. It's up to the individual what they do with the information.

Trevor
You can bribe me and it wont even cost ya much

BTW I called TSP last week to get some info on a converter and a possible cam upgrade .They really do take the time to explain everything to you (over 30 minutes) and I wouldnt hesitate to buy from them. I probly will be soon.

See Trevor that one was on the house for the great customer service