Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impala FWD 5.3's, any good? Talk to me! :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camarotestdriver

I have been on ebay, car-parts.cXm, CL and every place in between "literally" every second I am not working and until I go to sleep for a LONG time. I have search EVERYTHING from full cars to junk yards to friends for well over 7 months. There is NOTHING to my door for $800 that’s not a paper weight or I would not be on here whining and crying.

Yes, but I AM smart enough to know that be it a Brigs and Stratton engine or a LS1 engine, the SAME time (okay, lets keep this fair V-6 vs V-8) goes into each setup testing the same things. Only diff is 2 more cylinders, aka material. They didn’t make one that serves you coffee and gives you oral pleasure while driving and the other doesn’t. How dense are you not to realize that?

Like I said, a $500 diff is understandable, but a $2k+??? I am not buying it at this point, especially when said $800 fully dressed motors were dime a dozen and now you can only get a bare block for that, and, I do mean stripped. I have checked well into it. I am not spouting off some unscientific results, lol.
Lol yup. gm spends the same time to design and engineer, build, and r&d the V6 meant to haul bricks as it does the new V8 for their flagship legendary corvette. I'm sure they rent out countless hours at the track to see how the lap times for the base model Silverado are doing as well. Stop fighting it, admit you're wrong. You pay more for a product with more time spent on it, and you definitely pay more for a better product period. Either fork up the cash, swap the V6 in, or drive a Honda. It's how the world works, supply and demand. You go engineer an amazing engine like the LS1, pay for all the advertising, pay the engineers salaries, the building they work in, etc, and see if you sell it for the price of materials alone. Dumbass lol
Old 10-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

I'm in Australia where these parts cost a fortune and I still managed to get a complete 02 5.7 LS1 (Minus ECU) for AU$500.

Time for a new hobby.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Ebay is not a good indicator of the market. Car-part.com is. And if you haven't found a complete 5.3 in good condition for under $800 on there within 50-100 miles, you're either flat out lying or you're an idiot.

No, you're not:

USED engine prices are not set by material, developmental, and production costs. They're set by the market: demand and availability.

If you apologize for being an *** and provide your zip code I'll locate what you seek.
How do you figure I am lying if I did exactly what you said? I TOLD you what I found. YOU are the one that doesn't believe "me".

Im not an *** for thinking its bullshit over inflated prices. I bet when gas goes to $7 a gallon tomorrow, you would say "well, thats fine with me, supply and demand". I bet you will be bitching like the rest. Nice to pick and chose to make yourself feel good, ehy?

Originally Posted by ws6turbo
^^^ I was gonna say the internet (especially ebay) ain't the only place to look, ... what do you think ppl did before internet. And from the sounds you want it at your own price of choice so if that's the case eBay ain't no place for a bargain.
No, I want it at normal prices. Not from someone selling a glass of water for $50,000 in the desert. Hell, even the government got pissed when they hiked up water during Catrina, the whole world did. Now, again, you too are picking and choosing. As long as you felt it was okay to over pay, its all good, right? Glad you have the extra cash to spend and not worry about it.

Originally Posted by fastbarry
5 minutes on car part and $425 dollars later, i had an running lq4 shipped to my door...
Sure, if you like a 250k mile engine, go for it, and, I would bet thats just the block. Look on the mid Atlantic area and tell me whats out there for an LS1.

Originally Posted by madmike9396
Just -5 brain cells by reading this thread
Guess that means your 6 in the hole now?
Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by summoner
I'm in Australia where these parts cost a fortune and I still managed to get a complete 02 5.7 LS1 (Minus ECU) for AU$500.

Time for a new hobby.
Australians, except for Vegemite sandwiches, arnt as nearly as fkd up as Americans are. Count your blessings.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam bro why you mad? You on ur rag?

Are you a preacher? If not dam you should be than you could afford any motor you want. Your trying to build a performance motor. Ls motors are already cheap in that aspect. What you just want one given to you?
Old 10-29-2014, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How do you figure I am lying if I did exactly what you said? I TOLD you what I found. YOU are the one that doesn't believe "me".

Sure, if you like a 250k mile engine, go for it, and, I would bet thats just the block. Look on the mid Atlantic area and tell me whats out there for an LS1.
The Mid-Atlantic region. I'm in the same area, and I'm on car-part.com all the time. I recently bought a L33: aluminum block "high output" 5.3L with 799 heads complete for $750. RIGHT NOW there are no less than 200, yes I said 200 LM7s within a 2 hour drive for under $600. The yard I bought mine from has around 25 of them. OK, so you didn't lie, you're just an idiot.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 204 Likes on 124 Posts

Guess that means your 6 in the hole now?

More like-10
Old 10-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by madmike9396
More like-10
My condolences.

Dam bro why you mad? You on ur rag?

Are you a preacher? If not dam you should be than you could afford any motor you want. Your trying to build a performance motor. Ls motors are already cheap in that aspect. What you just want one given to you?
Your missing my point on the rant. These engines went up like gas during katrina. They were cheap as all the rest until greedy people started upping the prices to see how far they could go. Did you enjoy the housing bubble burst? You think thats okay and cool? How is it now that they do it with engines its cool? Oh, yea, thats right, because humans dont seem to learn, nor say anything if they can weasel through it and it doesn't effect them. Nothing like a good ol blind eye amongst hustlers i say.

I dont mind "paying" for it. Hemmorigng for it for no reason is another story.

Shhht, 6 years ago I sold my camaro oil pan for $95 (that was average/higher side price). Now they are out there for no less than $200. Supply and demand? There are PLENTY of them, but, gotta fk the populace, ehy?

Yes, I am stating my unhappiness about the prices, but, that should not be the gist of the thread. The thread was about trying to figure a way around this crazyness and maybe use a FWD 5.3 .

The Mid-Atlantic region. I'm in the same area, and I'm on car-part.com all the time. I recently bought a L33: aluminum block "high output" 5.3L with 799 heads complete for $750. RIGHT NOW there are no less than 200, yes I said 200 LM7s within a 2 hour drive for under $600. The yard I bought mine from has around 25 of them. OK, so you didn't lie, you're just an idiot.
Whats the mileage on them and what do they come with Sherlock?
Old 10-30-2014, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

moderators, please shut down this thread. and the other one.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RezinTexas
moderators, please shut down this thread. and the other one.
Looks like we have another redneck who is happy to spend all his money on his car and beat his wife.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

I recently bought a L33: aluminum block "high output" 5.3L with 799 heads complete for $750. RIGHT NOW there are no less than 200, yes I said 200 LM7s within a 2 hour drive for under $600. The yard I bought mine from has around 25 of them. OK, so you didn't lie, you're just an idiot.
Really? Here is your list. Which $700 block am I going for? The broken one, the knocking one or the 240k mile one? Idiot my ***..............idiot!!

Old 10-30-2014, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Talking

Looks like we have another redneck who is happy to spend all his money on his car and beat his wife.

Dude you don't know what the **** your talkin about or looking at and u sound like a Dam activist protesting.

Redneck that beats his wife? Hurricane katrina? Gas prices? Beat in wifes? You a You got some problems bro? What you on? Ain't you try a get help n advise? Or you just lookn for attention.?

I bet you dont even have a car, you proly subscribe to sites cuz you ain't got any friends.

You probably don't have a job and that's why you can't afford ****. Your trying to spend your 700$ mental disability check on a motor but you forgot you have no car ......or life or girl or job
Old 10-30-2014, 07:01 PM
TECH Regular

Jerry Jerry Jerry Jerry Jerry. Lol. Shut this thread down going about as far as this dude's life is
Old 10-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Dude you don't know what the **** your talkin about or looking at and u sound like a Dam activist protesting.

Redneck that beats his wife? Hurricane katrina? Gas prices? Beat in wifes? You a You got some problems bro? What you on? Ain't you try a get help n advise? Or you just lookn for attention.?

I bet you dont even have a car, you proly subscribe to sites cuz you ain't got any friends.

You probably don't have a job and that's why you can't afford ****. Your trying to spend your 700$ mental disability check on a motor but you forgot you have no car ......or life or girl or job

Dont know what I am looking at? Its posted. Is that the wrong engines that was given to me as an example? Is that not what I posted?

Im sorry you could not connect the dots to the Katrina theories, logic and school apparently failed you. This thread WAS about the FWD 5.3 and "why" I was looking at them as an option, but, the group (not me) rallied on the later of me whining instead of just answering the question and moving on. So, now "I" am the one thats the ding dong, lol? Uhm, yea, a lot of school failings in here, lol.

I can afford it, doesnt mean I am dumb enough to just hand over my money with no questions asked. This was posted on a 2009 board I was reading. We have come a long way jacking up prices. I bet you think its pretty cool, ehy?

Oh, and pleeeeeease work on your writing skills. Mine suck, but, at least I double check them or at least try to.

Last edited by camarotestdriver; 10-30-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

You double check them? I didn't know they made a awd ls4. And you don't know what your talking about. You thought you could put a fwd ls4 on a t56, dumbass.
:
Don't know if it's meds your on or meds you need to be on but I think you should just spend your money with a shrink, or should they be free too? Lol
Old 10-30-2014, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

And you keep talking about Katrina this and that. The only people it affected were lower class (temporarly) ... I.e YOU
Old 10-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

You double check them? I didn't know they made a awd ls4. And you don't know what your talking about. You thought you could put a fwd ls4 on a t56, dumbass.
:
Don't know if it's meds your on or meds you need to be on but I think you should just spend your money with a shrink, or should they be free too? Lol
Whoops, missed a letter trying to do 4 things at once. It has been corrected. Thanks for your trolling to help me correct that.

Congratulations!! School definitely failed you but you won the odds game as you are correct. I DONT KNOW whats going on with FWD engines. What in gods name do you think this thread was about and which I just mention it was about, lol?

Who said "free"?

WOW!!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really? Here is your list. Which $700 block am I going for? The broken one, the knocking one or the 240k mile one? Idiot my ***..............idiot!!
Stop saying block. You're not buying just a block from a junkyard. It's a complete engine!

$750 L33, Newcomer's Truck Parts (they have ~25 LM7s for $550)

Complete:

Well maintained:

There are a half dozen others within a couple hours drive, all ~100K miles and can be had under $1000. Keep in mind the L33 is the expensive 5.3. The LM7 is dirt cheap.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Whoops, missed a letter trying to do 4 things at once. It has been corrected. Thanks for your trolling to help me correct that.

Congratulations!! School definitely failed you but you won the odds game as you are correct. I DONT KNOW whats going on with FWD engines. What in gods name do you think this thread was about and which I just mention it was about, lol?

Who said "free"?

WOW!!

You were talkin bout my spelling so I pointed out your misspelled ****, I realize with auto correct and **** it can be hard to get every word right. Doesn't change the fact that your still a dumbass, You should have known by the price of a fwd motor that they were different, now I'm gonna go for a cruise in my turbo ls2 ws6 that I had to pay top dollar for parts on..like everybodyelse. ..

Btw I didn't graduate from high school N I still live good ... the **** they teach you in school doesn't apply to everyday thing nor does it change the fact YOU were born brainless and have a Joe dirt wallet
Old 10-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Stop saying block. You're not buying just a block from a junkyard. It's a complete engine!

$750 L33, Newcomer's Truck Parts (they have ~25 LM7s for $550)

There are a half dozen others within a couple hours drive, all ~100K miles and can be had under $1000. Keep in mind the L33 is the expensive 5.3. The LM7 is dirt cheap.
I would love to stop saying "block" but I dont know car-parts lingo so I have to "assume" its just for the engine unless they have a picture or full description. I have been tripped up on that before so I am playing it careful.

I will take a look at that site and see what they have, thanks.

Quick Reply: Impala FWD 5.3's, any good? Talk to me! :)