Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New dyno numbers :( :( opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015 | 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

You sound like me last year. My cam only numbers were complete **** till I changed a few things. If the combination of parts is off the numbers will be too. Lots of great advice has been given.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ns-m6-ect.html
Old 05-06-2015 | 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Yep, and I do agree 370 seems low with the BBK and long tubes and that cam. That dyno was done with the longer pushrods, though. If it feels faster, might be worth another dyno run, and you might be close to 390. I also think 430 with the heads done is perfectly realistic.

I'm still stumped as to why it dropped off so fast at the high end. i'd expect it to carry better. I can't remember, but are you still on stock injectors? Did you already mention your injector duty cycle? In fact, there is a way to somewhat confirm the dyno - take the injector size and duty cycle and run it through a horsepower calculator. If you have stock injectors at 90% duty cycle, that's about 400 RWHP, FWIW
Yes it was done with the longer pushrods so that might be why it fell off.. my lifters could have gone solid at the high rpms with all the preload.

I think my tuner said it was right around 80% but im up here in the clouds so i require less fuel than most. ill know my new number on the 21st. Ill also have my cutouts on by then so who knows how much difference they will make but im betting not more than 10hp

Quick Reply: New dyno numbers :( :( opinions please