Launching!

Default Atk vs tsp

Atk 408 stroker with Manley bottom end
Or
Tsp 370 with gm crank Callies h rods an weisco pistons

Going boosted looking for 1000hp
Old 04-17-2015 | 06:57 AM
12 Second Club

why go for the 408 from ATK but not TSP? either will get you to 1000hp, GM cranks have seen it before without a problem. The only gripe i have against ATK was i had a hard time getting a hold of someone and couldn't get someone to call or email me back to have an order put in, so i paid a little more and went with Thompson Motorsports. TSP has always had good service for me. but for the prices they offer and shipping to your door ATK has that covered. but ive also heard nightmares about ATK with the wrong rotating assemblies being put in and i think i even saw once that someone had one cylinder and piston larger then the rest.
Old 04-17-2015 | 10:41 AM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Don't forget about http://www.thompsonmotorsports.net/ I hear there customer service is great. There website doesn't show everything they have so I would call them.

I never had any problem getting in touch with ATK.
Old 04-17-2015 | 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

I went with TMS myself and can't say enough good about this company!
Old 04-17-2015 | 11:25 AM
TECH Veteran
10 Year Member

H squared racing engines!!
Old 04-17-2015 | 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

I would recommend talking with Texas Speed and Thompson Motorsports. Both are great companies to deal with.
Old 04-18-2015 | 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

I have a 408 from ATK and pushing about 15 psi at the moment through it, no problems and been over a year and about 6k hard miles

Trending Topics

Old 04-20-2015 | 08:10 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2000WS6TA
why go for the 408 from ATK but not TSP? either will get you to 1000hp, GM cranks have seen it before without a problem. The only gripe i have against ATK was i had a hard time getting a hold of someone and couldn't get someone to call or email me back to have an order put in, so i paid a little more and went with Thompson Motorsports. TSP has always had good service for me. but for the prices they offer and shipping to your door ATK has that covered. but ive also heard nightmares about ATK with the wrong rotating assemblies being put in and i think i even saw once that someone had one cylinder and piston larger then the rest.
I am sorry to hear you could not get a hold of us, we have been short handed and the call volume is very high. I did just finally find another salesman who started last week, so we should improve our times on the phone.

In regards to the wrong rotating assemblies, I can guarantee that hasn't happened. The only way I can see this happening is if the customer has no idea what components they have and possibly fed us the wrong info for there application. I have never got a call about this. The 2 different size pistons I can guarantee that hasn't happened as well, these are all new components and pistons come in sets of 8. The Reman division (which is separate from the High Performance) is the only place i can possibly see that happening, but they do not do that. On hard to get cores sometimes they have no option other than to sleeve a block, but when they do, its all the cylinders to match, not different sizes.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to call or message me.

Brandon-ATK
866-721-2315
Old 04-20-2015 | 08:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blkgagt94
Atk 408 stroker with Manley bottom end
Or
Tsp 370 with gm crank Callies h rods an weisco pistons

Going boosted looking for 1000hp
Thank you for giving us the chance to earn your business. We can also do a 370ci with a GM Crank and Wiseco or Manley Internals. Feel free to give us a call and we can work up a quote.
Old 04-20-2015 | 08:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jrpimp00
I have a 408 from ATK and pushing about 15 psi at the moment through it, no problems and been over a year and about 6k hard miles
Glad to hear its still going good! Over 800RWHP is no joke ! =) Did you ever send over pictures?
Old 04-20-2015 | 09:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATK Engines
I am sorry to hear you could not get a hold of us, we have been short handed and the call volume is very high. I did just finally find another salesman who started last week, so we should improve our times on the phone.

In regards to the wrong rotating assemblies, I can guarantee that hasn't happened. The only way I can see this happening is if the customer has no idea what components they have and possibly fed us the wrong info for there application. I have never got a call about this. The 2 different size pistons I can guarantee that hasn't happened as well, these are all new components and pistons come in sets of 8. The Reman division (which is separate from the High Performance) is the only place i can possibly see that happening, but they do not do that. On hard to get cores sometimes they have no option other than to sleeve a block, but when they do, its all the cylinders to match, not different sizes.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to call or message me.

Brandon-ATK
866-721-2315
sorry, wasnt trying to bash the company, i was just repeating what i had read/heard before.

Quick Reply: Atk vs tsp