Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine is trashed, Going back to a daily driver.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats awesome! thanks guys for the info, and yes that whole mild sound, street manners, and awesome performance is what im looking for.

Nothing wrong with big cam cars at all, but just for my purpose I want something different. I had an MS3ish cam setup first, and i'll tell you nothing more annoying than surging, and for some reason my EPS cam didn't drone near as loud as the MS3 type cam did...no idea why but it was a drone maker.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You just described every properly put together street turbo car.

I know, give it a rest... but what you come to realize is with what you described in a turbo application if driven "normaly" with the frequent part-throttle boost jolly's & occasional hard thrashing, the engines actually handle it better & live longer. & they are generaly way quieter out the exhaust.

You are changing the VE in the mid-range so much that you don't need to rev the thing to get gut-wrenching acceleration. So you find yourself shifting at lower R's generaly if it's set up right. & by set up right is to say that it will also run what ever reasonable ceiling you have, but it's that you don't need to.

Think about it.

Quick Reply: Engine is trashed, Going back to a daily driver.