Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you buy one
Yes - $50 is a good value
100.00%
Yes But, $50 is too much (please input a fair price in the comments)
0%
No - please put why in the comment section
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LS1/LS6 Timing Chain Damper

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1/LS6 Timing Chain Damper

If you are like me, my block came with the holes pre-drilled and tapped for a timing chain damper. Only thing is, it didn't come with one. Without doing research I bought a damper from RockAuto only to find out that the hole spacing is very different from LS1/LS6 to LS2 and beyond. I did a bunch of looking around and didn't like the idea of modifying one the way I had seen several modified.

The options for timing chain dampeners for the Gen III small block are limited. From what I have found, there are only two sources.
1. NOS from Katech
2. Trick Flow adapter with LS2 damper

I didn't like either of those options so I decided to design my own. I have spent considerable amount of time researching, designing, prototyping, to arrive at a final product. I have worked with plastic companies to choose a material suitable for operation inside of an engine. These will not be homemade and will closely resemble an OEM part. As a bonus - they will be made in the USA...

My question is this - Is there any interest out there if I was to make a batch? Dampers will be made from a Nylon based material and include all hardware needed to bolt it onto a Gen III block. Right now I am looking at a price point of about $50 plus a few bucks shipping (via padded envelope USPS). My initial buy in would be quite substantial so I would like to know my market first.

I have added a poll to the top of the thread. Let me know what questions or concerns you have.

Thanks.

Prototype - actual color will be different
Old 01-20-2016, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If I didn't already have a ls1/6 damper, I would be all over it for the right price.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So how exactly is this different then the trick flow setup? Did you just make a damper that works with the factory holes instead of making an adapter bracket? I would be interested for the price u mentioned. I was going to get the trick flow bracket but this looks better.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:20 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Exploratory for sale threads by non-sponsors is a no-no. So, I'm shutting this one down. It's a product folks would like, I'm sure, but it's against the rules in the current form.

I would partner with a sponsor. Get your product out there for sale through a reputable shop otherwise you'll be banned (or you could become a sponsor). You could partner with Brian Tooley or Martin Smallwood.

Quick Reply: LS1/LS6 Timing Chain Damper