Sponsored by:

Texas Speed or Brian Tooley cam's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 12:20 PM
Abs
Staging Lane

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
What BTR posted gave no indication that it was TSP's camshaft and he wasn't going to elaborate any further on his initial comment. End of story! That being said there are many reputable companies out there that make camshafts and as an automotive enthusiast I'm just thankful to have these companies in business when I'm in need of something because I've purchased products from most of them at one time or another.
So it looks like this post was deleted, but it still exists in a quote. The meaning of the "new guy" is pretty clear:

Originally Posted by BT:
"Something that a customer or consumer must realize is that having a infinite amount of resources makes the difference. Consider the vast resources of Comp Cams or Cam Motion, they've both been doing this cam thing for a long time, for 20 years or more. Now if both of those companies can have quality issues, after grinding cams as long as some of you have been alive, what's the chances of the new guy on the block having quality issues?"

I have no dog in this fight. Personally I would use a cam motion or TSP cam. I might hesitate with Comp but they probably figured out whatever issue they had a decade ago. I just felt like this discussion was interesting as to how people were thinking back then.
Old 06-16-2024, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 152 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Abs
I am glad this thread exists. It's a bad look for a certain vendor.
Originally Posted by Abs
understood. Still good to see how people were operating back then
Originally Posted by Abs
I dont see anything about Texas speed cam failures but I know Comp was known for that during a certain time period.
Originally Posted by Abs
So it looks like this post was deleted, but it still exists in a quote. The meaning of the "new guy" is pretty clear:

Originally Posted by BT:
"Something that a customer or consumer must realize is that having a infinite amount of resources makes the difference. Consider the vast resources of Comp Cams or Cam Motion, they've both been doing this cam thing for a long time, for 20 years or more. Now if both of those companies can have quality issues, after grinding cams as long as some of you have been alive, what's the chances of the new guy on the block having quality issues?"

I have no dog in this fight. Personally I would use a cam motion or TSP cam. I might hesitate with Comp but they probably figured out whatever issue they had a decade ago. I just felt like this discussion was interesting as to how people were thinking back then.
i read through these a few times and still can’t figure it out… What exactly are you trying to say? Get to the point.
Old 06-16-2024, 07:37 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,475 Likes on 2,142 Posts

I don’t see the point either of bringing all this back up without a motive. I’ll say this much as I kinda read between the lines…Comp supplies more camshafts to professional Motorsports teams than anyone. I choose Comp for all of my custom cams because of relationships and service. Anything can and will fail, no matter who’s name is on the box.
The following 3 users liked this post by Che70velle:
01CamaroSSTx (06-17-2024), DualQuadDave (06-16-2024), G Atsma (06-16-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 08:59 PM
Abs
Staging Lane

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
i read through these a few times and still can’t figure it out… What exactly are you trying to say? Get to the point.
You have to read the actual thread. BT clearly took some shots at TSP back then.

Originally Posted by Che70velle
I don’t see the point either of bringing all this back up without a motive.
Someone bumped it and said they have had good experience with both. It made me read the old thread.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 353 Likes on 229 Posts

BTR all the way. TSP cams are like Sloppy cans at this point. 20yr old crap still livin off the hype. BTR is current, he constantly updates his offerings and tests what he sells.

Chevelle is correct, as well. Comp is still main pioneer in lobe design. Everybody else works off their coattails to a point.
The following users liked this post:
Che70velle (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 08:02 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,475 Likes on 2,142 Posts

Got home from work today in fact, with a custom Comp cam laying at the shop door, just dropped off by the brown truck guy. I had Comp put their MSE on this one and it’s gorgeous. This one is a custom hydraulic cam for a 403” I’m building for a Grand Sport C6 that’s gonna be a rocket ship.

Quick Reply: Texas Speed or Brian Tooley cam's?