On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I cried like a bitch when I read this... God bless you
Old 07-24-2016, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by thedetroitkid
I cried like a bitch when I read this... God bless you
No shame in that. I get teary-eyed when I watch these vet movies. These guys go through some bad stuff.
Everyone should pull atleast 2yrs in the military after high school. People would have a totally different attitude
Old 07-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Well we have a Callies crankshaft and TMS H-beam rods ready. I am still working on a good set of pistons for the build so we can get it balanced. The heads arrived last week and have started the process of being cleaned, Remaned and CNC ported. I think I can have a pair of heads and rotating assembly ready this week.
Thank you,
Kyle
972-853-2450
Thompson Motorsports
Old 07-25-2016, 11:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

It would be our privilege to provide the camshaft and valve springs for this project.

Contact us and ask for Steven
Old 07-25-2016, 12:13 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

You sponsors stepping up... The Tech junkies stepping in and offering parts... You guys are all saints. I have the absolute UTMOST respect for all of you.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a list of parts that you will still need? It's the small parts and various odds and ends that can be a scavenger hunt. I have a ton of left over small parts that could be of service.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Steven,
That is an awesome offer from Cam motion. If you want to shoot the springs to us in what ever we have headed out way next I will go ahead and put them on the heads when we finish the CNC and reman on them. Thank you all so much for stepping up on the cam and springs, Another great company.
Thank you,
Kyle
Thompson Motorsports
Old 07-25-2016, 03:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by thompson
Steven,
That is an awesome offer from Cam motion. If you want to shoot the springs to us in what ever we have headed out way next I will go ahead and put them on the heads when we finish the CNC and reman on them. Thank you all so much for stepping up on the cam and springs, Another great company.
Thank you,
Kyle
Thompson Motorsports
Can do.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMMOTION PERF
Can do.
Thank you guys so much! I cannot begin to express the amount of gratitude I have and how much this whole process has humbled me. I owe many thanks and many beers.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

It's this type of situation that allows me to have faith in humanity. Love it!
Old 07-25-2016, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RollingDumpster
Do you have a list of parts that you will still need? It's the small parts and various odds and ends that can be a scavenger hunt. I have a ton of left over small parts that could be of service.
I'm getting an updated list together tonight. Work has been kicking me in the teeth a bit. I think the short block is mostly finished thanks to Kyle at Thomspon Motorsports. Cam Motion is getting us squared away with a cam and springs. I'm really hoping I get the block from the machine shop in the next two weeks. I have somethings left over that I can reuse (I think) from the old block. Oil pan, valley cover, main bearings...stuff like that. I ordered a block plug kit. Still need to get the lifters, pushrods, and rockers. This is all off of the top of my head. I think I'm going to need bigger injectors than stock. Any recommendations? Can I still use the stock fuel rail if I get bigger injectors?

Again, such a big thanks to everyone. The sponsors here have been epic, as well as the countless members that have offered up parts! If you have something that you think may be of use then please message me.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My offer for the rockers stands. Give me an address and I'll have them out to you by the end of the week.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

also in for the list of remaning needed parts
Old 07-25-2016, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 220 Likes on 131 Posts

Jaxson,
As a Former US Marine I would like to contribute to this
Cause as well. Please PM me your address and I will send
You a Case of AMSOIL Break In Oil.
Dan
Old 07-26-2016, 06:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I got rockers,push rods and, lifters. Might be worth getting some Ls7 lifters and hardened 7.4 push rods. Hopefully Thompson will chime in on push rod length. Stock fuel rail is fine. 60 lb injectors would be a good safety net
Old 07-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jaxson
I'm getting an updated list together tonight. Work has been kicking me in the teeth a bit. I think the short block is mostly finished thanks to Kyle at Thomspon Motorsports. Cam Motion is getting us squared away with a cam and springs. I'm really hoping I get the block from the machine shop in the next two weeks. I have somethings left over that I can reuse (I think) from the old block. Oil pan, valley cover, main bearings...stuff like that. I ordered a block plug kit. Still need to get the lifters, pushrods, and rockers. This is all off of the top of my head. I think I'm going to need bigger injectors than stock. Any recommendations? Can I still use the stock fuel rail if I get bigger injectors?

Again, such a big thanks to everyone. The sponsors here have been epic, as well as the countless members that have offered up parts! If you have something that you think may be of use then please message me.
Jaxson I have lifters and pushrods covered
Old 07-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Ok here is where we are on engine parts:

Parts we have:

Short block is almost complete. I assume reusing main bearing caps is fine.

Camshaft, retainer plate, sprocket and timing chain are all accounted for. Thinking about upgrading the sprocket and timing chain, as they came out of the original motor. Thoughts?

Oil pump
Deflector tray
Oil pickup
Oil pan
Front/rear covers
Heads, springs, rockers, rocker arms
Valley cover
Knock sensor wire harness
Intake manifold
Fuel rails
Harmonic damper
Valves
Head bolts

Parts needed:
Throttle body
Valve covers
Pushrods
Head gasket
Lifters
Main bearings
Injectors

Also looking for some long tube headers so if you have recommendations on what brand to use them let me know!

I'll update this list as we buy/receive parts. Talked to the machine shop today and should have the block next Thursday. Hopefully. Still need to decide if I want to put a huge rebuild kit into a 4L60e that I have available. Kyle from TMS knows a guy that does awesome work on 4L80's for a good price so I might go there. We are close and I thank all of y'all for the support!

Last edited by Jaxson; 07-28-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:06 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxson
Ok here is where we are on engine parts: Parts we have: Short block is almost complete. I assume reusing main bearing caps is fine. Camshaft, retainer plate, sprocket and timing chain are all accounted for. Thinking about upgrading the sprocket and timing chain, as they came out of the original motor. Thoughts? Oil pump Deflector tray Oil pickup Oil pan Front/rear covers Heads, springs, rockers, rocker arms Valley cover Knock sensor wire harness Intake manifold Fuel rails Harmonic damper Parts needed: Throttle body (DBW) Knock sensors Oil pressure sensor Valve covers Pushrods Head gasket Head bolts Lifters/guide trays Main bearing Also looking for some long tube headers so if you have recommendations on what brand to use them let me know! I'll update this list as we buy/receive parts. Talked to the machine shop today and should have the block next Thursday. Hopefully. Still need to decide if I want to put a huge rebuild kit into a 4L60e that I have available. Kyle from TMS knows a guy that does awesome work on 4L80's for a good price so I might go there. We are close and I thank all of y'all for the support!
I'm happy to buy and drop ship you a set of ARP head bolts. PM the address and I'll get them your way.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

what kind of injectors do you need? if it would help, i have some stockers from both a flex fuel truck and a regular gas truck.

for headers maybe toddoky could throw down?
Old 07-30-2016, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by truckdoug
what kind of injectors do you need? if it would help, i have some stockers from both a flex fuel truck and a regular gas truck.

for headers maybe toddoky could throw down?
I'm thinking 40-50# injectors. I've got a stock set from the 02 Escalade that the engine came out of. I don't know what they put out but from what A_A_Ron tells me, they may not be able to keep up.