Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rolled donor car what needs cleaning? seafoam on the cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default rolled donor car what needs cleaning? seafoam on the cylinder?

picked up a rolled 2000 silverado.

I wanted to check to see how it runs first before pulling it out for a swap.(also interested if the transmission is good by driving it in my driveway. (atleast i would know if it works in R/D.)

Finally had a chance to start it up. smoked a bunch as expected i havent done any cleaning just checked the fluids and filled the oil. also sprayed electronic cleaner on the maf.(there was oil there)

It starts but kept on dying.at times i can keep the car running but eventually dies(i figured tons of oil in the intake or other sensor.)

good news is it runs and no knock or wierd engine noise.

now i can plan for a mini tear down for cleaning the intake track and where ever else the oil could have gotten too. I want the engine running great before i pull it out that way i wont be chasing my tail later- it will be a retrofit so custom harness too.)

in your experience what needs cleaning on a rolled vehicle?
does injectors gets clog? i know ill be cleaning the intake so thats coming off.

do i need to seafoam the cylinder?(i dont plan on pullng the heads just through the spark plug hold-spray it, let it sit and start it up after a day or something)

im hoping once everything is clean it will hold idle and be all ok
Old 10-21-2016, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you pull the plugs and spin the motor over getting the oil out of the cylinders? Oil doesn't compress to well.

Quick Reply: rolled donor car what needs cleaning? seafoam on the cylinder?