Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

texas speed rocker arms update?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Heck of a crappy packaging job. I'd send them back but that is just me.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

It IS crappy packaging, but probably no harm done....
Git them thangs in that motor and report back ASAP! LOL
Old 05-20-2017, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see them on their website yet. How much did they set you back?
Old 05-20-2017, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Jesus..looks like my kid threw them in his toy box.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:45 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the compliments on the rockers, they are an awesome piece as we have been testing them for the last 8 months

1. We got a small run done, but i was only about 10 sets. We didnt advertise them as they would have sold out instantly and left some upset. We should have more in the next few weeks, and a large run in a couple months

2. The trunions in the rockers are TSP not CHE. We are working with CHE now to try to have an option for those guys who want bushing instead of bearing.

2. The picture is not a good representaion of hoelw they are packaged. It looks as if his box tore during shipping and the rockers went lose. I apologize for them showing up with a torn box. UPS doesnt always do the best job. I just want people to know we would never ship or package a box that looks like that. While the rockers are fine, they are an awesome piece and we want people to know we are proud of them. That doesnt come across when the box shows up damaged.

If you have questions let us know. When we have more in stock we will let everyone know.

Jake fusion is right on about pushrod length for those wondering.

Dominic.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I cant wait to get a set of these with Bronze Bushings.

Now for pushrods, these will add more preload to the lifters so a shorter pushrod is needed correct?
Old 05-21-2017, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm still happy with the product just got to figure out the pushrod length with the Johnson 2110r lifters and tfs 225. Btw it was ups fault not tsp the lifters were shuffled around also. Nothing was damaged or harmed
Old 05-22-2017, 10:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07NBSChevy
I cant wait to get a set of these with Bronze Bushings.

Now for pushrods, these will add more preload to the lifters so a shorter pushrod is needed correct?
Yes, you will need to measure to be sure, but good guess would be 7.225 or 7.250 depending on your set up.

When you change heads and change lifters, it can go anywhere. Make sure to measure.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-22-2017, 10:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

FYI We currently have 2 sets of LS3 Rollers in stock. Once those go it will be a couple weeks before LS1/LS2 and LS3 are back in stock.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-23-2017, 02:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What's the details on the LS7's?
Old 05-23-2017, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the weight of these?
Old 05-23-2017, 11:51 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The weight over the nose is the difference between a tool steel retainer and a titanium retainer. They are the lightest rockers over the nose that we've seen.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 05-25-2017, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey , another poster asked & i didnt see answer is there oil to the roller tip or is that not an issue? are different pushrods required? if/when these are available with the CHE bushings / trunnions will the kits / package include pushrods? im assuming my stock stud bolts will work. thx again group purchase for ls1tech? thx.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:22 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by DANOZ28
hey , another poster asked & i didnt see answer is there oil to the roller tip or is that not an issue? are different pushrods required? if/when these are available with the CHE bushings / trunnions will the kits / package include pushrods? im assuming my stock stud bolts will work. thx again group purchase for ls1tech? thx.

We do not have an oiling hole to the tip, no.

Different pushrods will be required separately.

As for the oiling, the reasoning was:

A) In normal orientation, the angle of the rocker causes oil to migrate down to the roller tip. So it isn't completely dry.

B) Adding material to create a closed oil supply increases the mass of the rocker. That is a no no in this case.

C) LS/LT valvegear is only moderately loaded, as the valve sizes are limited by the bore size, and revs aren't completely bonkers.

D) Drilling the long hole would increase the cost, disproportionate to any gains.

Rocker weight is way more important in this application.
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Last edited by Sales3@Texas-Speed; 05-30-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sales3@Texas-Speed
We do not have an oiling hole to the tip, no.

Different pushrods will be required separately.

As for the oiling, the reasoning was:

A) In normal orientation, the angle of the rocker causes oil to migrate down to the roller tip. So it isn't completely dry.

B) Adding material to create a closed oil supply increases the mass of the rocker. That is a no no in this case.

C) LS/LT valvegear is only moderately loaded, as the valve sizes are limited by the bore size, and revs aren't completely bonkers.

D) Drilling the long hole would increase the cost, disproportionate to any gains.

Rocker weight is way more important in this application.

You should mount the rocker on something and get a picture of the weight over the valve to show how light they are.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

are these cast?
Old 06-02-2017, 03:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Texas Speed......

I am using 243 heads, Stage-1 porting by you guys (TSP-PRC). They have the 2.00"/1.55" stock valves (From a NNBS 5.3) with PAC 1218 Beehive Valve Springs, PAC R511 Ti-17 Titanium Retainers, and PAC Machined Valve Locks. Once I find a good set of stock LS6 Sodium Filled/Hollow Stem valves, I will switch to those to keep weight at a minimum. Cam is a BTR Stage 2 Truck Cam 212/218 .553/.553 113+2, if that matters.

If I made a switch the these Rocker arms with CHE Bushings, will I need to change anything with the added weight of the roller tip? I would like to keep the PAC 1218's, but if it is necessary to go with higher spring pressure then I will make the switch.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07NBSChevy
Texas Speed......

I am using 243 heads, Stage-1 porting by you guys (TSP-PRC). They have the 2.00"/1.55" stock valves (From a NNBS 5.3) with PAC 1218 Beehive Valve Springs, PAC R511 Ti-17 Titanium Retainers, and PAC Machined Valve Locks. Once I find a good set of stock LS6 Sodium Filled/Hollow Stem valves, I will switch to those to keep weight at a minimum. Cam is a BTR Stage 2 Truck Cam 212/218 .553/.553 113+2, if that matters.

If I made a switch the these Rocker arms with CHE Bushings, will I need to change anything with the added weight of the roller tip? I would like to keep the PAC 1218's, but if it is necessary to go with higher spring pressure then I will make the switch.
The only other thing that will need to be changed is the pushrods. Your springs will work great still.
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 06-02-2017, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sales3@Texas-Speed
The only other thing that will need to be changed is the pushrods. Your springs will work great still.
How about a picture of how much they weigh over the valve.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Teching In

When are the LS7 versions gonna be available?

Quick Reply: texas speed rocker arms update?