Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

springs and retainer upgrade suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default springs and retainer upgrade suggestion

99 z28, tsp 1 7/8 headers, tsp catback, dyno tune, built trans, SS3600, 147,000 miles

i had a valve spring retainer break and either caused the spring to break or the spring broke as well? and it dropped and bent a pushrod.

not even a month later i have some valve train noise.
im just going to get
ls7 lifters, trays, the gasket and bolt kit(12499217)

maybe it was a fluke but i figure since ive already had a problem before might as well replace the cause of my last failure. either retainers or springs and retainers.

only future mods i plan will be a cam when/if i have to pull the engine or just have plenty of money to do it. so i guess i need springs that can do a good amount of lift? .600 .625? havent researched a ton yet but looking like maybe a tsp 233/239. can i do these springs with the rest of everything else stock? if i do the cam, am i going to have to replace something else for reliability and have to be back in the heads again?

im trying to do everything right but also cheap because i just dont have the money or i would pull the engine and rebuild it and cam it

what would you suggest?

any other easy cheap things i should be replacing while doing this?
thanks
Old 06-17-2017, 01:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

We have the ls7 lifter kit with trays and bolts for $139. Here
We also have the hd mls head gaskets, valve stem seals, valve cover gaskets, mls exhaust gaskets and intak gaskets for the best price anywhere. We can also include the valley cover and knock sensor grommets (i assume this is a gen3 engine like ls1).
We also offer hd retainers and locks for $70 and beehive .600 lift springs for $139. our btr dual .660 spring kits with tool steel retainers runs $220 which seems like the best buy for a cam later on as they will handle nearly any cam and come with all parts needed including seals.

If you want a full quote, please shoot me an email
Rpmspeedtech@gmail.com

Last edited by tech@WS6store; 06-17-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quick Reply: springs and retainer upgrade suggestion