Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 oil drain bolt & oil filter magnets

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS1 oil drain bolt & oil filter magnets

Is it worth buying an oil drain plug that has the magnet on it and also is it worth buying an oil filter magnet? I use a K&N oil filter and it's very close to my Hooker long tube headers. Never owned those and was wondering if it's worth it.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't hurt. Not really a performance upgrade, but might give you a better idea of wear on your engine. I cant speak of the filter magnet, never used one. But the drain plug is cheap enough to try it IMO.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Use the drain plug magnet. I did the filter magnet for a while, waste of money in my opinion.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Engine Magnet TECH

Hi SS, good tech.
The use of magnets in/on an engine is the BEST method to protect the engine AND the LOWEST COST METHOD.

When I made my cast GM LS Oil Pan, I bought ALL the Mag Drain plugs GM Parts had in stock.
I can send this item to you USPS.

The NEXT item is my Oil Filter Magnet.
When fitted this traps dirt BEFORE it enters the Oil Filter.

THE EPA is the problem when it passed Law to reduce filter size, 1/4 of the required filtration area !
The fitment of my oil filter magnet can DOUBLE the filter life.

UNDERSTAND with COLD Oil much of the flow is bypassed (not filtered)

YOUR TECH (oil magnets) will do more to protect engine life that ANY OTHER product here on LS-1 Tech.

My IGN-1A coil ALSO features an internal Rare Earth Magnet as do the CPS sensors.

Lance
Old 09-15-2017, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the tips, was worried this might be a stupid question but with my high mileage engine at almost 170,000 miles I'm trying to focus on the little things to extend the life of this engine. What's funny is that now after cleaning my garage I found my old magnet bolt that was used for my 97 LT1 Z28 97,000 up till 157,000 miles selling it and had a lot of shavings.This is my first LS1 and I am use to high mileage engines like myLT1 and TBI, with the TBI having 297,000 hard snow plowing & towing.

Quick Reply: LS1 oil drain bolt & oil filter magnets