Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure bleeds off Jegs Pan. (fixed)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Excellent! I'm glad I could be of use! Now, onto the scary part, if we are plugging oil filters on fresh engines or with something as small as assembly lube, think about all the people who are running factory oil pans with the bypass still, are cramming all kinds of unfiltered oil from about 5 minutes after initial start up until their first oil change?!?! The only reason we are noticing it now is we don't have a bypass to route around the filter anymore.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Excellent! I'm glad I could be of use! Now, onto the scary part, if we are plugging oil filters on fresh engines or with something as small as assembly lube, think about all the people who are running factory oil pans with the bypass still, are cramming all kinds of unfiltered oil from about 5 minutes after initial start up until their first oil change?!?! The only reason we are noticing it now is we don't have a bypass to route around the filter anymore.
exactly what me and a buddy were talking about. may be the reason my last engine spun bearing who knows. thanks again. I was about ready to pull engine and ck bearing clearances. good thing about having online community like this. now if I can get turbo to seal up I will get to race this weekend .
Old 09-18-2017, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by prostreet1967
exactly what me and a buddy were talking about. may be the reason my last engine spun bearing who knows. thanks again. I was about ready to pull engine and ck bearing clearances. good thing about having online community like this. now if I can get turbo to seal up I will get to race this weekend .
no problem man! Happy to help! Good luck on the racing!

Quick Reply: oil pressure bleeds off Jegs Pan. (fixed)