Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 08:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_WS6_M6
Lol. Mast heads not cast right or come apart?!?!? That €™s the first I €™ve ever heard of that. My buddy makes 630rwhp with Mast heads on an NA LS3. They are an amazing setup. A work of art really. The fact you €™d carry them on your website and say they aren €™t cast right and come apart is pretty crazy. Why are you selling them at all then if they €™re that bad?
We have nearly every mast product listed. And i have plenty of pictures to back up the crazy claim.
Do you ever see me recommend mast heads? We sell them because some people want mast heads. When they ask for tech support from me with recommendations i make sur they know what I have personally seen and dealt with good or bad on any part including more expensive pieces like this.
I never said they didnt make good power. They do. That is well known. But they do have fitment issues and you do have to make adaptations to make them work with the rest of the combo just like i said. Spending extra time fixing issues because a cyl head isnt right vs never having a problem right out of the box is an easy choice.
Spending hours grinding on an ls6 intake then an ls2 because they cant machine the bosses big enough for the bolt registers to fit in.
The list goes on.
They may have fixed some of the issues, but youd expect better from a $1500 set of heads let alone 3k+

Scorpion got a bad rep for breaking many moons ago. There have been instances here and there but in that time way more yella terras broke, yet everyone stayed away from scorpion and went right back to yella terra. Why? esp after having to wait a month for new rockers on the boat from down under. I recommend scorpion no matter the past stigma because ive seen them do better. Even for a less expensive rocker arm. I recommend what i would and have used on my own vehicles and builds.

Last edited by tech@WS6store; 11-09-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by lazerlemonta
This thread is interesting to say the least. My question is this....... ws6 store tech how long do you really want to keep your job lol Jesus man it amazes me some of the **** you spew. Rant over
Will this help?

Thats a $3000+ set of ls7r heads. So is that how youd want your heads to look? I have more, but one pic should suffice. They even had to stop casting heads a few times because of issues like this.
I apologize of you are offended by what i said, bit its true. Not **** and not spewed. I dont go around in every thread saying this, but everyone wants an explanation. There it is.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:09 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Ooo excitement!!!

I’ve run across fitment stuff before with weird things like intakes and throttles vs water pumps, exhaust vs cross members, etc.

Sometimes you have to mod your car to mod your car. So if a part does what I want it to do I’ll make it work and no regrets. Probably makes me a minority. Personally I like the higher deck and raised runners of several aftermarket heads, and while it makes for tight spots under the cowl, it adds 3/8†between water pump and 102 TB.

Anyway, I googled mast heads coming apart and all I got was sailing websites.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
I read every post here from ws6store. You hurt because he regarded Mast products in a less than favorable light? There was no verbal abuse, until now with your badmouthing them. Not sure where you are coming from...
They bashed a product that they carry. If it's that bad and they know it then why are they selling it?

Also, ws6store bashes multiple companies on multiple posts. Every time I want to jump in to a thread they say everyone else's opinions are crap and they have the best setup. Well I disagree and so does Lazerlemon. This is a forum and the op is asking for advice. Well it's pretty easy to give advice without bashing other products.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
We have nearly every mast product listed. And i have plenty of pictures to back up the crazy claim.
Do you ever see me recommend mast heads? We sell them because some people want mast heads. When they ask for tech support from me with recommendations i make sur they know what I have personally seen and dealt with good or bad on any part including more expensive pieces like this.
I never said they didnt make good power. They do. That is well known. But they do have fitment issues and you do have to make adaptations to make them work with the rest of the combo just like i said. Spending extra time fixing issues because a cyl head isnt right vs never having a problem right out of the box is an easy choice.
Spending hours grinding on an ls6 intake then an ls2 because they cant machine the bosses big enough for the bolt registers to fit in.
The list goes on.
They may have fixed some of the issues, but youd expect better from a $1500 set of heads let alone 3k+

Scorpion got a bad rep for breaking many moons ago. There have been instances here and there but in that time way more yella terras broke, yet everyone stayed away from scorpion and went right back to yella terra. Why? esp after having to wait a month for new rockers on the boat from down under. I recommend scorpion no matter the past stigma because ive seen them do better. Even for a less expensive rocker arm. I recommend what i would and have used on my own vehicles and builds.
So you guys sell a lot of Mast heads then huh? Even though they have a lot of issues? Interesting.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,109 Likes on 2,424 Posts

98 WS6 M6-
They sell it because customers want it, as he said. No one said they were all bad, but there are issues. As long as the customer is aware of the issues, there is no conflict. I have read hundreds of posts from ws6store, and they don't say everyone else's opinions are crap.
The OP asked for advice. He was given an honest appraisal of the product in question, with photographic evidence to follow. That is not bashing. Just stating facts.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:19 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Ooo excitement!!!

I €™ve run across fitment stuff before with weird things like intakes and throttles vs water pumps, exhaust vs cross members, etc.

Sometimes you have to mod your car to mod your car. So if a part does what I want it to do I €™ll make it work and no regrets. Probably makes me a minority. Personally I like the higher deck and raised runners of several aftermarket heads, and while it makes for tight spots under the cowl, it adds 3/8 € between water pump and 102 TB.

Anyway, I googled mast heads coming apart and all I got was sailing websites.
Quite a bit isnt made public as far as issues like that Another would be issues with the casting for coolant temp sensors. I asked about a set of mast heads and brodix heads to send to another well known cyl head company to have them do even more to them. I got a list of issues they have had with both mast and brodix heads as far as that goes. The sensor wouldn't screw all the way in and people would either break the sensor or strip the threads trying to get it to go in farther. So they would go in and machine the casting to let the coolant sensor go all the way in.
Ho many even heard about that from a brodix head? How many even think about brodix when mentioning ls heads though? They have some badass heads too but not well circulated it seems. Haven't been mentioned once in this thread.

What people dont want to get is, vendors deal with this stuff day in and day out Calls, emails, more calls, every question you can imagine. And the more you know or the more people you know, the more calls youll get. Some of the info stays behind the scenes. Some does not. Being upset because someone that deals with hundreds of builds and thousands of parts a year and knows whats going on seems to be unwarranted.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:23 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

So you guys sell a lot of Mast heads then huh? Even though they have a lot of issues? Interesting.
No we do not sell alot of mast heads. If you are sore because of the proof or reasons, that is not my fault. Seems like you are digging for something that isnt there.
Call me and ask me about mast heads ill tell you the same thing. Call me and ask me about scorpion rockers ill tell you the truth. Nothing changes that. Ask me about a product we dont sell. If its heresay its heresay and i wont pass it along, but if ive seen it first hand or have proof, then ill tell you.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

They bashed a product that they carry. If it's that bad and they know it then why are they selling it?

Also, ws6store bashes multiple companies on multiple posts. Every time I want to jump in to a thread they say everyone else's opinions are crap and they have the best setup. Well I disagree and so does Lazerlemon. This is a forum and the op is asking for advice. Well it's pretty easy to give advice without bashing other products.
I dont bash opinons. I provide facts and first hand experience, not just with sales but hands on experience. I will tell you why i dont recommend a certain product.
We sell bbk and pacesetter headers also. Do i recommend them? BBK sometimes but normally not pacesetter. I am well aware of the reasons to buy either as well as speed eng etc. At that point youve got to look at budget amd customer goals and see if they will meet both with what they want or another way. But again ill sell the customer what they want but give them my experience at the same time.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Quite a bit isnt made public as far as issues like that Another would be issues with the casting for coolant temp sensors. I asked about a set of mast heads and brodix heads to send to another well known cyl head company to have them do even more to them. I got a list of issues they have had with both mast and brodix heads as far as that goes. The sensor wouldn't screw all the way in and people would either break the sensor or strip the threads trying to get it to go in farther. So they would go in and machine the casting to let the coolant sensor go all the way in.
Ho many even heard about that from a brodix head? How many even think about brodix when mentioning ls heads though? They have some badass heads too but not well circulated it seems. Haven't been mentioned once in this thread.

What people dont want to get is, vendors deal with this stuff day in and day out Calls, emails, more calls, every question you can imagine. And the more you know or the more people you know, the more calls youll get. Some of the info stays behind the scenes. Some does not. Being upset because someone that deals with hundreds of builds and thousands of parts a year and knows whats going on seems to be unwarranted.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

^ someone has to bring excitement. According to fb tech is dead.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Trick flow makes a nice middle of the road head. Mast are for serious NA stuff. Most people that use them all day the same thing. They're works of art.

OP you'll gain more by dwelling on the proper supporting mods than whose 220cc heads are best.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by big hammer
Trick flow makes a nice middle of the road head. Mast are for serious NA stuff. Most people that use them all day the same thing. They're works of art.

OP you'll gain more by dwelling on the proper supporting mods than whose 220cc heads are best.
Id expect Brodix and All Pro in there also. And the Edelbrock Pro Port.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 173 Likes on 117 Posts

No feelings hurt here. If my income was dependent on selling a product I say isn’t worth it I guess I would spend all day posting on a forum to appeal to the average builds.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by lazerlemonta
No feelings hurt here. If my income was dependent on selling a product I say isn’t worth it I guess I would spend all day posting on a forum to appeal to the average builds.
Passive aggressive comments say different.
And i dont get per sale or based off sales or any of that. Sorry.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 580 Likes on 404 Posts

Trickflow heads are serious!! 4 seconds in the eighth mile isn't playing around.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Take it easy man. He is giving his advice, and you can give yours. If everyone agreed on everything, everyone would have the exact same of everything in life.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Boo Hoo. This happens with every vendor! They have their favorites, lots of times based on experience or customer experience, and they push what works best. Remember its their business that depends on happy customers. Lots of companies and products have had foul runs of product, doesnt make them ****, just means there "may" be slight issues, and he is making you aware of that. Yall sound like a bunch of ******* girls.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Vendors generally push whatever they make the most money on or have the most stock of
Old 11-10-2017, 09:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Vendors generally push whatever they make the most money on or have the most stock of
If that were true, we wouldnt be recommending TFS so much.

Quick Reply: Head recommendations