Sponsored by:

Cam for C5 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 98znasty
Not sure what it runs or makes I'm still breaking it in before the dyno tune. Just trying to figure an apples to apples comparison considering we have the same short block I just have have more h/c than you and if your shifting at 7 maybe I should too, we'll see. Once the car is ready I'll start dialing in tire, suspension and so on. I originally intended the car to be less drag race more street friendly but that is quickly changing got a tubular k, deleted the asr, heat and ac full poly mounts and once I start racing I'm sure I'll start trying to squeeze every last tenth out. long story short excluding our drivetrain differences I'm trying to figure out the formula to make what you make + h/c power. if you went same h/c as me wouldn't your setup clear 500 to the wheels quite easily?
Its hard to say man. If you have good suporting mods it should easily make more power than me. Will it accelerate better?? Idk....there is stuff not necessarily power related that has something to do with that.

Finding a good tuner is a bear. You probably should buy hpt

Originally Posted by 98znasty
Car will probably be an auto version of hios car in a few years with h/c who knows lol
It should run really well. Most probably give me more credit than i deserve. These things go like stink with just a little bit of common sense.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Its hard to say man. If you have good suporting mods it should easily make more power than me. Will it accelerate better?? Idk....there is stuff not necessarily power related that has something to do with that.

Finding a good tuner is a bear. You probably should buy hpt

It should run really well. Most probably give me more credit than i deserve. These things go like stink with just a little bit of common sense.
Do you have a build thread or newsletter I can subscribe to? I am really curious about the mods you did to your ls6.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

No.....it's just been running changes. I never really set out for the car to perform as well as it does.

There used to be alot of pics on here of stuff i did. But after the photobucket fiasco that ruined alot of stuff for people.

Quick Reply: Cam for C5 Z06