Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S14 5.3 Build Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S14 5.3 Build Questions

Whats up guys, so as the title states I'm planning on building a 5.3 for my s14, and I have alot of time to prepare and do everything I want because I'm in no rush, and would like to do it and get the most bang per buck spent on the swap. So far I got a free 02-03 5.3 from a local shop that swapped it out because the customer said it was "knocking" so I got it for free and tore it down and found that one of the pistons had a chip missing from the ringland, I checked the cylinder bore and it's not scored up so I went further and found that some of the rod bearings were scored and the mains so im going to get the block cleaned and the crank polished and bearings installed by a machine shop, next part I got was a set of 243 heads for free because I work at a gm dealer and someone had a set laying around and didn't know what they had so what I don't know is what valves and springs to run with the cam I want which is a Texas Speed MS 4, and other things that I may need to do before I drop the enigne in any help will be appreciated thanks for reading