Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WS6 Store Aluminum Barbell

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WS6 Store Aluminum Barbell

Just a question for anyone, i just completed the rebuild of a 5.3 2001 LS with all WS6 Store kit and it looks great. all the items were good, fit good and went together good. Here is my question, i went to insert the new billet barbell and it was a tight fit. With that said, after reading about it on the website, does the barbell move? or need to? or is it stationary? Reason i am asking is that i am trying to get oil pressure to build and i have 0. i am busy reading all the other articles on 0 pressure and why and just trying to check off the boxes. I know for a fact it is in there, but like i mentioned it was a bit tough to get in. it will move but it takes a bit to move it. I had the fuel pump off and the coil and injectors unplugged. i did not remove the plugs yet, that is next. it did start though!!

Thanks for your time to respond.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

The barbell remains stationary. Unless you remove it....
Old 05-14-2018, 02:09 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,368 Likes on 2,085 Posts

The barbell you used is made by Saccitycorvette, and it’s a quality piece. I’ve done three of them now. It is a tight fit, and you usually have to rotate the thing to get it to go in, or come out. Having said that, this has nothing to do with you having 0 oil pressure, being as how you are sure you installed it. 0 oil pressure is USUALLY a gauge or sender issue. An o-ring problem will generally make some pressure, just not good pressure. I’d check pressure with a manual gauge before I went any farther, but I’d bet on this being a sender.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Che70velle
The barbell you used is made by Saccitycorvette, and it’s a quality piece. I’ve done three of them now. It is a tight fit, and you usually have to rotate the thing to get it to go in, or come out. Having said that, this has nothing to do with you having 0 oil pressure, being as how you are sure you installed it. 0 oil pressure is USUALLY a gauge or sender issue. An o-ring problem will generally make some pressure, just not good pressure. I’d check pressure with a manual gauge before I went any farther, but I’d bet on this being a sender.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I as you mentioned know for sure i installed it. I also know for sure that the press in oil plug that i have read about some forgetting was installed after the machine work and i have pics to prove that. I read that maybe priming the oil pump could be an issue which i did not do by removing the screw in plug. so today i ordered the oil pressure relocation kit to install a mechanical test guage right above the oil filter. I have a mechanical and electrical oil sending units on the top side of the motor, neither were reading, but for my reasons, i will install this relocation kit and use a test mechanical gauge to check. I also got two 16mx1.5 to 1/4NPtT conversion adapters so that i can install one in the screw in oil plug near the oil pump and then using a converted weed sprayer into a pressure tank to pressurize oil into the engine for a good oil pirme. This way i am sure it got pressure and oil is good.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

How long did you run it for? When you have been spinning it without the coils connected did you ever hear the tone of it change like it got oil pressure?

Reason I ask is that I did the same thing when I went to do a first start up after my HCI build. Just spinning motor with the starter I was not able to get any indicated pressure on the gauge. However I heard the tone change after spinning it for a few seconds, and ultimately decided to start it for real. When I did I got good oil pressure in no time. If you try this and have no indicated pressure I would not run it for more than a few seconds.