Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Normal LS1 oil pressure??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,147 Likes on 2,454 Posts

You might be able to do it without dropping the pan, but it's tricky. I would drop the pan, remove the front cover, and then do it.
The O-ring of choice depends on the pickup tube. There are two (2) O-rings; a fatter one and thinner one. IF the tube has a groove rolled into it near where it goes into the pump, use the fat one. If no groove (smooth), the thinner one goes on. Hope this helps you!
Old 01-14-2019, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
You might be able to do it without dropping the pan, but it's tricky. I would drop the pan, remove the front cover, and then do it.
The O-ring of choice depends on the pickup tube. There are two (2) O-rings; a fatter one and thinner one. IF the tube has a groove rolled into it near where it goes into the pump, use the fat one. If no groove (smooth), the thinner one goes on. Hope this helps you!
thanks man. So there's no other cause for air in the oil? Is there a way I can diagnose this?
Old 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,147 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Basically the only place for air to get in the oil is between the pickup screen, which SHOULD be submerged, and the pump itself. Pretty much narrows it down.. Air bubbles in the oil IS the diagnosis as far as anyone knows.