Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue Smoke/White Plugs/Milky Oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Sounds like a bad day. I do not think you are going to avoid a tear down.

This would be a stretch, but MAYBE waterpump leak and front cover leaking so coolant gets into oil that way? But I kind of doubt it.

I suspect you have a crack at the valve seal that is reaching the coolant jacket.
Thanks darth, that’s where I’m at as well. I think it’s in the head somewhere. I’m going to pop the driver’s side off and head to my machinist. Hopefully I can get away with only pulling the driver’s side head - these studs look like they are going to complicate things with the motor in the car....
Old 05-31-2019, 11:47 AM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

If you are brave -- loosen your six K member bolts about a half inch or so to lower the cradle. Will give you some more room to work around the studs
Old 05-31-2019, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 447 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Rat
That oil has ~50 miles on it. I’m losing coolant, and the heads had milkshake pooling around the guides when I pulled valve covers on both sides, and milkshake in the crank case when I drained it - the light in the pic is difficult to analyze. I’m also losing coolant when it runs.
Gotcha! From the first discription it sounded like just some condensation but if your describing it as a milkshake and that you were having to actually ADD coolant that makes more sense!