Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low oil pressure/Smoke after cam install

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low oil pressure/Smoke after cam install

Hey guys looking for any help here before I start tearing into my car. I installed the TSP torquer V2 cam on my 1999 Z28 M6 94k miles pacesetter long tubes, ORY, flowmaster 40s, and a voolant CAI, EGR and AIR delete, the Car started and ran fine after install, the oil pressure was good as well. So I took my car to the tuner and dropped it off earlier this week and he called me yesterday as it was on the dyno and said that he had the start up tune done as well as some drivability stuff done and as he was doing the drivability stuff the oil pressure dropped to 15psi as he was at higher rpm and was smoking out of the exhaust so i told him to take it off the dyno and i would come pick it up and try to figure out what was going on. (he thought maybe valve seats may be the issue). So i got it home and i have good oil pressure at idle no smoke, then when i rev the car up i get a little bit of black smoke upon deceleration (not much though). I attached a picture of what all i installed with the cam kit. Does any one have any recommendations or thoughts on this before i start to tear into it? I thought that if i had a bad valve seat it would smoke on the inital start up and the same as if the o ring in the new oil pump was pinched. PCV issue possibly? Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions. I will try to get a video of it later today. Thanks in advance
Old 07-03-2019, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 451 Likes on 346 Posts

how good is this tuner?