Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Limits on stock bottom end

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019 | 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by YOKED
Irrelevant you say? LMFAO Of course its relevant. Maybe you should re-read the thread. While your at it, due diligence on ethanol maintenance will serve you well.
Lmao you obviously don't know who you talking to. Maybe you should do your due diligence
Old 07-31-2019 | 06:06 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mavn
This is the most false post I've seen in weeks lol...
You must not have read this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-ls1-swap.html
Have some popcorn.
Old 07-31-2019 | 07:28 AM
Restricted User

Irrelevant you say? LMFAO Of course its relevant. Maybe you should re-read the thread. While your at it, due diligence on ethanol maintenance will serve you well.
Its irrelevant because everything has to be replaced anyway. Its not as if he has already built the fuel system and it isn't E85 compatible.
He still likely has to buy pump, injectors, regulator, fittings, probably line/hose, etc, so your original statement of "unless OP's fuel system is prepped for such fuel then your asking for trouble"...... irrelevant.
Old 07-31-2019 | 08:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Its irrelevant because everything has to be replaced anyway. Its not as if he has already built the fuel system and it isn't E85 compatible.
He still likely has to buy pump, injectors, regulator, fittings, probably line/hose, etc, so your original statement of "unless OP's fuel system is prepped for such fuel then your asking for trouble"...... irrelevant.
Correct .. still need to buy everything anyways lol..
Old 07-31-2019 | 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Which also bring me to the question . What kind of fuel pressure regulator should I look into ? Also what MAF should I get . These two things I知 not all familiar with because most of my builds I致e used the stock regulator and maf (NA builds) . I know on3 has a maf but it痴 for the mustangs but I need one that値l work with my set up. I want one so my tuner can tune off the maf when it gets on the dyno.
Old 07-31-2019 | 09:31 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bosshog
Which also bring me to the question . What kind of fuel pressure regulator should I look into ? Also what MAF should I get . These two things I知 not all familiar with because most of my builds I致e used the stock regulator and maf (NA builds) . I know on3 has a maf but it痴 for the mustangs but I need one that値l work with my set up. I want one so my tuner can tune off the maf when it gets on the dyno.
Depends if you want to go speed density or keep a MAF. Stock MAF will work until around 550whp. Above that:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...er-setups.html
Fuel pressure, people run either 3 or 4 bar of fuel pressure, just depends on what you want. 4 bar of fuel pressure is stock. I typically get 1 from Speed Inc., others have gotten them off Ebay. Aeromotive is good stuff too.
Old 07-31-2019 | 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

I use fuelab regulator on stock rails. I wouldn't buy the cheapest.
Old 07-31-2019 | 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mavn
This is the most false post I've seen in weeks lol. Where you getting this info
What's false about it?
Old 07-31-2019 | 09:47 AM
Restricted User

For mild setups up to 700-800 hp I use Aeromotive 13129.
In all honestly, there are probably hundreds of regulators out there that would work fine, so don't stress too much over them.
I use the Aeromotive one because I got it insanely cheap and it seemed to work OK, not because I thought it was any better than the others.
I usually just use the stock rail mounted truck regulator for most setups.

Just make sure it has at least 3 ports, and a vacuum/boost reference. Spending $500 on a regulator that is just going to do the same job as an $80 regulator is preference more than requirement.
Old 07-31-2019 | 10:01 AM
8 Second Club

While it offers many benefits no doubt, it is very corrosive to your motor.

Just know what your getting into before making the plunge...otherwise enjoy the power.
What exactly are you talking about? I've had engines that spent the entire lifespan on E85, you couldn't tell any difference.

Originally Posted by JoeNova
His fuel system isn't prepped for the power he wants to make on gasoline, so its irrelevant.

I'm not sure about this regular maintenance you mention, though. I've never had any issues surprisingly.
Exactly, the one and only time I had issues was E85 was on a stock tank and it loosened some gunk in the tank and clogged the stock filter. That's it. And I've done everything they say not to do, let the car sit with E85 in it, leave e85 stored in jugs for months, didn't care about any of it. Stock fuel systems, aftermarket fuel system, anodized/non anodized, didn't care. I did notice it made some fuel lines a bit hard over years, they worked perfectly fine no smell or anything, just were harder then out of the box. Believe it was Eaton Aero-Quip I noticed it with as well as some Fragola lines, either way worked fine for years, no leaks or pressure issues. I even cut one up and looked inside, liner was still fine so reused it.
Old 07-31-2019 | 11:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Depends if you want to go speed density or keep a MAF. Stock MAF will work until around 550whp. Above that:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...er-setups.html
Fuel pressure, people run either 3 or 4 bar of fuel pressure, just depends on what you want. 4 bar of fuel pressure is stock. I typically get 1 from Speed Inc., others have gotten them off Ebay. Aeromotive is good stuff too.
I want to keep a the MAF. My goal is 550-600 wheel so I知 assuming I知 gonna have to get soemthing other than stock. What should I look into ?

edit: nevermind just saw the link. Lol
Old 07-31-2019 | 11:31 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

I want to keep a the MAF. My goal is 550-600 wheel so I知 assuming I知 gonna have to get soemthing other than stock. What should I look into ?

edit: nevermind just saw the link. Lol
Old 08-02-2019 | 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
What exactly are you talking about? I've had engines that spent the entire lifespan on E85, you couldn't tell any difference.

Exactly, the one and only time I had issues was E85 was on a stock tank and it loosened some gunk in the tank and clogged the stock filter. That's it. And I've done everything they say not to do, let the car sit with E85 in it, leave e85 stored in jugs for months, didn't care about any of it. Stock fuel systems, aftermarket fuel system, anodized/non anodized, didn't care. I did notice it made some fuel lines a bit hard over years, they worked perfectly fine no smell or anything, just were harder then out of the box. Believe it was Eaton Aero-Quip I noticed it with as well as some Fragola lines, either way worked fine for years, no leaks or pressure issues. I even cut one up and looked inside, liner was still fine so reused it.
^this. Only problem I had was loosening funk and clogged filters, and I had a regular aeroquip aqp return hose that started seeping. Which I replaced with Teflon. It sat 3 years with the same fuel, no corrosion no problems. I drained the fuel, put fresh in, and she started right up.
Old 08-12-2019 | 09:59 AM
Teching In

currently running 20 lbs on a 74/75 precision making 700 on E. springs and pushrods stock cam and sbe ls1 140k miles on it. been 6.0s with it