Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help I need to order ported heads by tomarrow and dont know what to get

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help I need to order ported heads by tomarrow and dont know what to get

I have a 99 ta with b2 cam kmotion springs(need to be changed), titanium retainers and moly hardened pushrods. I was driving and broke 2 springs, messed up 2 valves and Pontiac said possibly a cracked head but I wont know that until monday. They are pulling the heads and I figure why not put in some stage 2 heads or ported heads while im paying them the 1600 for labor already. My question is what springs should I get, what heads should I get to work with my cam and if I get new heads do I need anything else (valves ?) should I buy ported stock heads from someone on ebay, buy used stage 2 heads or have mine ported when they take them out. Thanks for the advice. I don't know to much about lift and heads, the real technical stuff.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: please help I need to order ported heads by tomarrow and dont know what to get

We have CNC ported heads in stock, Stage I, Stage II and the new Stage 1.5 that is so popular, we have had the stage I head make 420 RWHP and the Stage II make 440 RWHP on 5.7 engines. The Stage I sells for $1200 and the Stage II sells for $1700, let us know if we can be of service.

Brian Tooley
Total Engine Airflow
270 782-6397
Old 03-21-2003, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: please help I need to order ported heads by tomarrow and dont know what to get

I know they are not cheap but my nod goes to MTI, Jayson has awesome products. I enjoyed my motor from him for 3 years, now its sold I am going to be getting another through him.

Steven
Old 03-22-2003, 04:14 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Turbo.MTI has cranked out some of the most consistant high HP H/C cars out there. My MTI stage IIs exceeded my expectations. I could not be more pleased, especially with my C1 baby cam. Jayson will do you right. I cannot express it enough when I say " don't cut corners when choosing your professional head porter". The heads can make you or break you. It's that simple. Good luck!

James