Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

budget heads/cam combo

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2019 | 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Default budget heads/cam combo

the car is an 02 z28 6 speed. im on a budget because i need some money to buy a new rear end so i wont have to worry about breaking another 10 bolt lol.
okay so ive been looking at a ton of threads but cant seem to find anything that i think looks good to go with. im looking for some answers from people.
my budget is about 5 grand. now its 5 grand including ALL engine parts from the heads all the way to new injectors, timing chain, lifters.. etc.
im looking for anyone that can tell me what parts will i should buy to meet my budget or less. i got the ls6 intake which i wanna keep to save money. the car will be used for the street/strip.
im also looking to run it on pump gas. 91/92

thanks.

also i am wondering what gears to go with to compliment the heads cam combo.
Old 09-22-2019 | 08:18 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

how radial of a cam do you want? Do you want something that drives good but isn’t overly aggressive. A cam the has some overlap but not a pain in the butt to tune and keep idling?? Is the car mostly street driven with only a couple times a year at the track?? Or something that you don’t care if it’s a monster and you will be tracking the car often?? Budget is only part of the build. Knowing what you want from the car is a whole different animal. With added power you may need a clutch upgrade too depending on how much power you want.
Old 09-22-2019 | 09:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We can get you an all inclusive package with everything needed including fuel system upgrades etc and nothing left out for the best price out there! We are YOUR one stop shop.

Email me (its easier)
Rpmspeedtech@gmail.com

Www.ws6store.com
Old 09-22-2019 | 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z28SteveA4
how radial of a cam do you want? Do you want something that drives good but isn’t overly aggressive. A cam the has some overlap but not a pain in the butt to tune and keep idling?? Is the car mostly street driven with only a couple times a year at the track?? Or something that you don’t care if it’s a monster and you will be tracking the car often?? Budget is only part of the build. Knowing what you want from the car is a whole different animal. With added power you may need a clutch upgrade too depending on how much power you want.
The car will be a weekend racer. car will see the track maybe 4-5 times a year. but im not concerned about drivability. i wanna get the most i can out of the engine, also yes i already have a spec stage 3 clutch ready to be swapped out. i dont wanna hold back on anything but i still have to keep in mind of the budget.
Old 09-22-2019 | 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
We can get you an all inclusive package with everything needed including fuel system upgrades etc and nothing left out for the best price out there! We are YOUR one stop shop.

Email me (its easier)
Rpmspeedtech@gmail.com

Www.ws6store.com
im checking the website out right now. Thanks
Old 09-23-2019 | 07:28 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

I think a nice Texas speed set of heads and a ms3 cam might make you a happy camper. I’d give them a call and have them spec out a nice budget friend package that will see some good power

Quick Reply: budget heads/cam combo