Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

Hello all been a lurker for a while.
Im in big trouble I fear. I have a heads cam ls1 that has been sugar attacked. However not in gas tank. My psycho ex dumped it into my valve cover. And then on top of that washed it down with used motor oil. I have no idea how much she put. But it was mounded up to the point when she dumped the oil in to flush it in it overflowed the return port to the point it went inside the pushrod hole and down into the lifter, as the very first pushrod had specs of sugar on it when I pulled it out... I ask is there something I can do? Would it be acceptable to pour boiling water through my engine and then obviously chase it with motor oil and start and then drain and fill oil again? The motor has not been ran.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Good to know the motor hasn't been ran yet. I've never experienced this before but I have flooded an ATV engine in water before.

Get the valve cover off and remove as much of the sugar as you can and then pull the oil drain plug and drain the pan. I wouldn't be afraid to take a garden hose and rinse the head down where the sugar was poured to wash it down into the oil pan. This may have to be done repeatedly until you feel you've removed most of it. It hasn't moved through the workings of the engine yet and you should be able to flush most of it. Remove the spark plugs and get plenty of cheap oil and oil filters as your going to have to run rand drain it several several times to flush it out entirely. There's a lot you will need to do in order to get this done!

Before starting the engine to flush it of the moisture your going to want to disconnect the coil packs and the fuel pump relay. You want to turn the motor over and let the pistons push as much of that water and whatever else that might have fallen down into the cylinders to be pushed out of the spark plug holes. Then hook everything back up and top it off with oil and then start the car and then shut it off after about 10-15 secs. Drain the oil and replace the oil filter and repeat the process until you get clean oil with no milky residue. Hope this helps and let me just say its not going to be pleasant but hope all goes well in the end.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Received 80 Likes on 49 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Lyoung
Hello all been a lurker for a while.
Im in big trouble I fear. I have a heads cam ls1 that has been sugar attacked. However not in gas tank. My psycho ex dumped it into my valve cover. And then on top of that washed it down with used motor oil. I have no idea how much she put. But it was mounded up to the point when she dumped the oil in to flush it in it overflowed the return port to the point it went inside the pushrod hole and down into the lifter, as the very first pushrod had specs of sugar on it when I pulled it out... I ask is there something I can do? Would it be acceptable to pour boiling water through my engine and then obviously chase it with motor oil and start and then drain and fill oil again? The motor has not been ran.

Oh man.. Bummer. So, what did you do to deserve this
The following users liked this post:
Bob570 (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 680 Likes on 471 Posts

Fortunately the sugar itself won't really hurt much of anything; mainly just plug up the oil filter. More of a PITA than any kind of major damage. The whole sugar thing is one of those myths that I don't know how it got started but it just won't go away. It's more of an annoyance than anything.

Yes, flushing it out with hot water is OK; change the oil after running it for awhile to get the last of it out. Might be easiest to hook a hose up to your water heater. I'd run it longer than 10 - 15 seconds afterwards to emulsify the water though, more like 100 miles or something. There won't be that much water left in it anyway, and the PCV system will clear a certain amoun tof it out, though not quickly.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:21 AM

Okay I’ve already pulled the valve cover. Would I really introduce water past the valves if I flushed the Head like that? If I unbolt all of the rockers the valves should be seated?? Anyway would you recommend me to flush water through the lifter tray as well???
And I do know that sugar **** in the gas is over exaggerated, however sugar in the oil would act as like throwing sand in it..
and I didn’t do anything to deserve this. Going through a nasty breakup with a psychopath. Also had my **** thrown all over my hood some of it tools. Including one of those old pickle forks..so yea. Pissed over that. It’s a black ws6 so it’s pretty noticeable..
so consensus is hook hose up to water heater and flush the entire head and block. Refill oil, Pull plugs on that side and dry crank the motor. I actually bought some super lightweight 0-16 w to flush. But I didn’t realize the extent of the sugar until I pulled the valve cover. Is there any way to hook a hose up to the oil pan drain?? Car is in the garage atm
Old 04-28-2020, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would NOT use water. Pull the valve cover and vacuum out what you can. Pull the drain plug and use brake cleaner, lots of it. Hell pull the valve cover on the other side and send the cleaner down that side also to clean out the pan. It may be a good idea to spray the brake cleaner into a container so you can dump it in in large amounts and truly flush the debris out. I would suggest a cheaper solvent but that may effect gaskets and seals. There is a baffle in the valve cover so it is not a straight shot into the engine. When you get it all buttoned up, do a few oil changes. Get the engine to temp then change the oil, repeat until satisfied. Hot oil will dissolve the sugar the same way hot water will.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Also flush out the brake cleaner with some oil before putting it back together.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Would I really introduce water past the valves if I flushed the Head like that?
No of course not; not any more than you would introduce oil past the valve in the normal situation.

It would act like sand physically (little granules inside there) but it's not really an abrasive. It wouldn't eat bearings that way pouring sand in there might. As said, mostly it would just clog up the filter.

Brake cleaner, or any other organic solvent including oil, doesn't dissolve sugar. Water however does. That's the point of using water.

What sugar WILL do if left inside the motor in bulk however, is MELT and CARAMELIZE. (yumm yummm) Its density is something between 1¼ and 1½ times that of oil, I forget the precise # exactly; meaning that when it MELTS, it will sink to the bottom and form a cake in the pan, and will remain there more or less forever.

For that matter, it's entirely possible that you could get nearly all of it cleaned up with a vacuum cleaner. Maybe try that first and use water as a last resort.

Water is far and away the best method of cleaning it out, if a liquid is needed. Just put a drain pan under it to catch the water coming out. If none of the sugar, or at least very little, got down among the lifters, there's no need in flushing that area. Just wash the stuff out.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:18 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

I wonder if there is a legal avenue. You ought to be able to get her for repair costs. Especially if you have texts etc proving she did it?
Old 04-28-2020, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 221 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Lyoung
and I didn’t do anything to deserve this.
LMAO I don't believe that for a second!

Suck out as much as you can with the vacuum and flush it with water and then run it and change the oil a few times. Be thorough with your cleaning and it'll be just fine.
Dren (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Dren
So, what did you do to deserve this
Got too close to a psycho, apparently.

It would be interesting to mix some sugar and motor oil in a glass container just to see how they interact, both at room temperature and at operating temperature. Does the sugar float or sink? Dissolve, or stay granular? Mix, or separate? How does it affect viscosity when hot?

If it separates, floats, and doesn't thicken much (three very big ifs - I don't know what to expect), I'd be tempted to scoop out as much as possible, let the engine idle until hot, do an oil change, drive... and cut open the filter every 25-50 miles to see whether more oil changes are in order. I'm not saying this is a great idea, but I'm lazy and I'm inclined to agree that it's not likely to do much besides clogging the filter. Whereas cleaning with water or brake cleaner would strip oil away, which would make me want to tear the whole thing apart and put assembly lube on everything.

Old 04-28-2020, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dren
Oh man.. Bummer. So, what did you do to deserve this
Nobody deserves there ride to be messed with but he did mention it being an ex-wife. Such as X'd from my life you spiteful ______!
Old 04-28-2020, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Just because someone is pissed at you doesn't give them the right to go ******* your **** up. Get as far away from that evil woman as you can.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

Nothing wrong with running water through the head to get the crap down into the pan and your going to have many oil and filter changes until its cleared out.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
I wonder if there is a legal avenue. You ought to be able to get her for repair costs. Especially if you have texts etc proving she did it?
No need....he'll be hitting it again in a few days.

Water actually sounded good. It will dissolve the surgar. Use hot water.
The following 2 users liked this post by HioSSilver:
Bob570 (04-28-2020), rkupon1 (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 221 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
Just because someone is pissed at you doesn't give them the right to go ******* your **** up. Get as far away from that evil woman as you can.
I agree, but chances are very slim that he "didn't do anything". It might not be one single thing, it could just be the way he treated her. I've never known anyone involved in a bad break up that didn't at least share the blame for the drama in some small way. I just like to grill people who are either lying about their innocence or they are so out to lunch that they're oblivious to how their actions affect people.

rkupon1 (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

no f that. She smashed my new iPhone as well lol. Broke an 80 dollar car charger with a hammer and dumped out all of my expensive detailing chemicals. Then been crying why I don’t want to be with her. Like really. You’re batshit crazy is why lmao. I’ve scooped as much out as I could with the time I had. Problem is I have no idea how much she got into the block. She washed it down with oil to the point it overflowed the fill neck and ran down onto the headers so I wouldn’t be surprised if **** was plugged up. Which is why I asked how to flush this clean, the only thing I know dissolves sugar is good old hot water. So would a garden hose run from the hot water tank be a good means to flush the motor clean? Water run into the motor and out the pan wouldn’t harm anything? As right now the sugar is kind of sticking to things with the oil it seems to be clinging to everything and the shop vac isn’t doing much. Just making sure before I run a damn garden hose into a motor. Just seems so damn strange lol.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Some people are a glutton for punishment, especially those with a LOVE/HATE relationship.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bob570
I agree, but chances are very slim that he "didn't do anything". It might not be one single thing, it could just be the way he treated her. I've never known anyone involved in a bad break up that didn't at least share the blame for the drama in some small way. I just like to grill people who are either lying about their innocence or they are so out to lunch that they're oblivious to how their actions affect people.
just so you can be informed. Cheated on me with multiple co workers for 3 years. Id Finally had enough and have been distancing myself. This is just the escalation of her insanity. As my daily drivers fender was dented in “somehow”. This happened due to her arguing with me when I was trying to sleep for work. I asked her to stop, she didn’t so I left and I didn’t come home the next day. So she smashed all of my things and I had the hood popped to my firebird as it was in the garage on the charger. She then smashed my charger with a hammer and then poured sugar in my oil. I discovered this Sunday night, but it’s okay, she brought me lunch to work on Monday. Lol. Don’t make assumptions all the time. Sometimes People are just ******* crazy
Old 04-28-2020, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know it's all pink inside; but this sort of thing usually leaves marks on the OUTSIDE in plain view. High maintenance, lack of self-discipline, momentary pleasure at the expense of long-term pain, and all the rest. Not to be mean or insensitive or anything, but I find it hard to believe that you couldn't have seen this coming (ahem) for the last 3 years at least, if you'd have been looking with 2 eyes instead of ole 1-eye. Time to let this one be someone else's PINK problem. Turn her over to The Greater Fool. (yes, in my short most of a century on this accursed interstellar cinder, I have surely learned - THE HARD WAY - there is ALWAYS a Greater Fool)

But that's all water under the bridge now, let's hope all that stuff is a lesson learned, NEVER to be repeated again. IOW, no matter HOW PINK, what's between the ears (grey?) is more important. I'd prefer to just stick to the automotive implications and let all the rest of that run its course.
Bob570 (04-28-2020)

Quick Reply: Please help