Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 swap 95 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 swap 95 camaro

Okay so I've been doing some research and from what I found five three swapping a 1995 Chevrolet Camaro can run into some issues with the ECU that came out of the truck that you got the motor out of with it not wanting to run right or run it all cuz I know doing the swaps going to require you to change a few different things on this motor like the stock intake you'll have to get rid of and get like an LS1 or an LS4 intake and I wasn't sure how to overcome some of these issues I may run into so if any of y'all got any suggestions let me know please I'd be very much appreciative
Old 10-23-2022, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 camaro
I wasn't sure how to overcome some of these issues I may run into so if any of y'all got any suggestions let me know please I'd be very much appreciative
Best wishes with your project. The LS4 intake is total garbage that flows very poorly, I'd avoid it at all costs.

Starting with reading all of the conversions-swaps-stickies-faq is a good beginning point to details on swapping. There's also many excellent threads in conversions-swaps section covering swaps. Likewise the search feature is very helpful.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,214 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Dorman makes as good copy of the LS6 intake if you don't mind spending a little more.
Old 10-23-2022, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 287 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 camaro
Okay so I've been doing some research and from what I found five three swapping a 1995 Chevrolet Camaro can run into some issues with the ECU that came out of the truck that you got the motor out of with it not wanting to run right or run it all cuz I know doing the swaps going to require you to change a few different things on this motor like the stock intake you'll have to get rid of and get like an LS1 or an LS4 intake and I wasn't sure how to overcome some of these issues I may run into so if any of y'all got any suggestions let me know please I'd be very much appreciative
Punctuation is your friend.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (10-23-2022)

Quick Reply: 5.3 swap 95 camaro