Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

500 RWHP 346 Pump Gas engine (w/ only a 229' camshaft!!)

Search this Thread

Old Today, 09:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 428 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by JAG 91
Here is how the car was set up before the mamo package. Old Ported fast 102, nw 102 tb, electric wp, ati underdrive damper, stock heads and valve train, Factory regrind cam, 1 3/4" headers. So, we picked up 91 numbers with the new heads, cam, valvetrain, fresh ported 102 for good measure, rps clutch, and went to 1 7/8" headers

Check out the specs on the back of that cam.....turns out your old regrind cam is very close in duration to the new cam I just ground for you....I thought that was interesting!

I think what might be more impressive than the HP gains is the 76 RWTQ gains you saw with the exact same displacement and without a giant increase in compression also!

Really hoping you get to drive the car soon....must be frustrating to be this close and its still hands off....LOL

Idle sounded healthy....not "lopey" or lazy at all.....more of a crisp cackle and you can almost hear the cylinder pressure even at an idle.....the rip on the dyno sounded good also but you could tell it was cut off early!

Regards,
Tony

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (Today)

Quick Reply: 500 RWHP 346 Pump Gas engine (w/ only a 229' camshaft!!)