Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MORE vs. vinci valve spring tool

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORE vs. vinci valve spring tool

I am in a bit of a bind at the moment because my car has already been broken down (just finished cam install this weekend) and i need to get a tool for my valve springs. I bought a tool, but it is allowing the inner spring (I have the patriot duals) to interfere by causing it to come out the bottom. So, I need to get a different tool by this weekend because i need my car on monday.

So, my question is: Has anyone ever used both of these spring tools? If so, which do you prefer? Any comments?

Last thing; I really like the idea that you can do 2 springs at a time with the vinci, but it seems like the MORE tool may be safer (yet possibly harder to use). I have done some searches on them but cant find anything to compare the 2.

thanks everyone
Old 07-28-2004, 11:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Vinci doesnt make a tool, Crane does however
Old 07-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Vinci doesnt make a tool, Crane does however
Sorry, you are right.

I meant either the MORE tool that TR sells or the Crane tool that vinci sells.

thanks for the correction, I guess i am a little tired
Old 07-29-2004, 06:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

get the one from vincie. i have it and it worked very well.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

I guess I get to be devils advocate....

I have used the larry tool twice.... Very, very easy tool, and a MUST on Dual springs.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:09 AM
FormerVendor

Crane/Vinci tool. I think vinci developed it for crane IIRC..... Does two springs at once and is cheaper than the moore tool. When i did my cam swap, I did spring retainers and the whole shabang and that tool prved superior to any other tool on market. we were doing 4 spring every 15 minutes and that was with passing the tool back and forth using the TDC method to knock out two cylinders at a time.......

I would recommend this tool to anyone there are no clearnce issues up under the cowl and the tool is made from very heavy metal that will not fatigue with repeated use.

A must to have............................
Old 07-29-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

cheaper?

Well heck why didn't you say so.... I will have to add that to my long list of special tool.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:10 AM
FormerVendor

99.00 shipped to my door
Old 07-29-2004, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Most of the tools suck. I got the one off eBay that is just a threaded rod, a nut, and pretty much a forked piece of metal. It was cheap, and it worked perfectly. It didn't require other tools for the back cylinders or anything. The only thing you should watch out for is that it can scrape the head where the valvecover gasket meets up. Mine did a little, but it did not cause any oil leakage issues.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default The Vinci Spring Tool

I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND NOT VERY FAR FROM EITHER VINCI AND CRANE. VINCI DID DESIGN IT AND MANY OTHER ITEMS FOR/WITH CRANE FOR THE LS1.THE TOOL IS VERY SIMPLE AND UNLIKE OTHER TOOLS ON THE MARKET IT COMPRESSES THE SPRING STRAIGHT DOWN INSTEAD OF A SMALL ARC LIKE THE REST. THINK ABOUT TRYING TO KEEP A 350+ lb/in GOING STRAIGHT DOWN SO YOU CAN INSTALL A REATAINER AND THE LOCKS.VINCI TOOL BY FAR AND IT'S MADE OF QUALITY MATERIALS RIGHT HERE IN GORGEOUS FLORIDA.IF IT WAS 50% MORE (it's definitely not thank god) IT WOULD STILL BE WORTH IT. ANOTHER VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER.THANX ROGER @ VINCI!!!!!
Old 07-31-2004, 11:16 PM
Launching!

I ended up buying the vinci/crane tool and it worked beautifully. Next time i will need to buy a new nut though (it took alot of wear). Also, on my last set of springs the bolt that is used to compress the springs must have slipped and went down to the bottom of the head, causing a slight bend in the bolts that are holding the other piece via the rocker arm holes. Luckily, nothing else was damaged or stripped.

Quick Reply: MORE vs. vinci valve spring tool