Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Install-Do my Heads need to come off? I think my shop is dicking me around.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6shifter
Can you provide some details, cause I'm not going to pay them anything over 8 hrs labor if that is the average charge time for a cam. Please help!!!
Thunder Racing sells a tool to hold up your lifters so the cam can come out.
Don't need to remove the heads unless you want to change lifters which isn't required unless your going to a really wild cam .
Old 08-10-2004, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001WS6Vert
Is this shop a general auto repair shop or a performance shop? If it is just a general repair shop they are going to print out the R x R cam instructions from either Alldata, Mitchell On-Demand, or ShopKey. If this info says to pull the heads that is how they are going to want to do it. I am at home now so I can't look it up (I'm in the general repair biz). I was just thinking that could be why they want to pull the heads. Now if its a perfomance shop, who knows.

Really, It's a performance shop... unfortunately, they did not have as much experience with LS1's as they said. They have done excellent work on my Vette.
Attached Thumbnails Cam Install-Do my Heads need to come off? I think my shop is dicking me around.-mofo1.jpg   Cam Install-Do my Heads need to come off? I think my shop is dicking me around.-mofo2.jpg