Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am looking for a rotating assebley

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am looking for a rotating assebley

Who has the best one for the best price. I am looking to go 382 or 396 I am not real sure exactly what I want to do price is what will make the difference.

Then Who would make the best head/cam pacage for that kit.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:19 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

get more decisive, if your not sure what you want how can we help you.

with that said seriously look into SLP' new rotating assemblies (use the search to find the info), or consider a nice 408 from HPE or APE, both have very great prices. with price being a factor the eagle route will most likely be your best bet, but it depends on your specific application. h/c is a whole nother story as everything again will depend on your specific application. do you see where im going with this
Old 08-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have rotating kits in stock depending on what you would like. Give us a call and we can go over what you are needing. Ask for Jason, he will take care of you.

Thanks,
Old 08-16-2004, 05:34 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Yep same here but you need to know what you want out of the deal for the pistons. If you want a more custom piston it takes a little longer to get. Like JRP said we can do an Eagle 383 kit balanced for fairly inexpensive depending on pistons. The others can be much more pricey but the Eagle stuff has worked fine for us so far and it saves you a lot of money. We can balance them for an additional 100.00-150.00 depending on what we need to do to get there. We've only had to add one piece of heavy metal to one of the first Eagle kits so they are working our pretty well so far.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Naked AV

Originally Posted by racer7088
We've only had to add one piece of heavy metal to one of the first Eagle kits so they are working our pretty well so far.
What does this mean?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:44 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Naked AV
What does this mean?
When the Eagle stuff first came out initially the cranks had a somewhat hard time balancing to the bobweights of some of the standard LS1 rods and pistons people were using as did most of the other kits. The LS1 has narrower front and rear counterweights than a standard SBC but they are coming in very well as far as balancing for us at HPE. It just depends on the rod and piston weights etc.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys for a little bit of help I am going to decide on a package and see where I need to go with that. I am new to the whole "bottom end thing" I may look into s/c charging the engine again later down the line......Will a 408 hurt that or should I just base my compression around that
Old 08-16-2004, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

408 won't hurt that, but compression will have to be lower ~ 9.0:1. Eagle components are great for the price. Figure out the budget you have to work with, your goals(whether it be road racing, peak RWHP, reliable powerful DD, whatever) and we can help you out a whole lot more. Knowing that you want to S/C down the road will help in building the motor now.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:06 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

I have two 383 Eagle kits in stock ready to ship. I can make someone a great deal on one that has been balanced, and one that needs to be balanced