Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PP heads droped valve pictures inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry@RacetechSpeed
Patriot never used a ferrea valve.They use their valve,and some REV valves.
i could of sworn that they offered a ferrea up grade for like $100. but now i dont see it on there site.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taqwache
i bought the valves at MTI (great service by the way). they will sell them to you stock or with there special job on them. RPM charged me $150 to regrind the seats and deshroud to a 4.040 bore. im not sure if i will have time to install them like i wanted to though, since im moving and all.
Were you moving to Steve??? So $200 for valves and $150 for them to do it... so $350's not bad, but thats almost a 1/4 of a brand new head......
Kyle
Old 09-22-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn isnt Todd the Patriot Performance product pimp? has he talked to them Who is this?
Old 09-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

granny i used to sell there heads till all this stuff with cheep parts and many problems
Terry left the company and that was why i was a dealer for there product
i am still selling heads just not PP
i can not sell a set of heads to one of my customers if i will not run them on my own car
i have to give my customer a good product at a good deal
PP heads at this point is neither of those in my book and alot of other books
i wish things was differnt but PP has left alot of people down
Old 09-22-2004, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Were you moving to Steve??? So $200 for valves and $150 for them to do it... so $350's not bad, but thats almost a 1/4 of a brand new head......
Kyle
moveing to H-town. got my self a good job over there. i have a thread about it on our local board.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs down

What really sucks is I talked to Terry and Texas Speed less than 2 weeks before Terry quit PP and both of them said that PP heads were the best thing since sex. I asked about the problems I seen on this fourm, and they said that there were few failers and alot of them were not the heads falt. So now that they need to pimp a new head company PP heads are ****. It doesn't take a PHD to figure whats going on. I brought a set of PP heads from LS1 Speed because Texas Speed put me on hold to long( they lost a big sale heads plus a bunch of other stuff) any way I got my heads they look great had them checked out by two machine shops and they said that it good work and every thing was good. They are going on my 429 and will be going in the car in a few days and we will see how they work. If not good I will try a differant brand no big deal, Why were this heads great one day any suck the next. Texas Speed and Terry I don't see How I or anyone else can or would want to trust anything you say about your products. I sure hope not to many people fall for your sales gimick!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Eye
Teching In

Originally Posted by hydfixer
What really sucks is I talked to Terry and Texas Speed less than 2 weeks before Terry quit PP and both of them said that PP heads were the best thing since sex. I asked about the problems I seen on this fourm, and they said that there were few failers and alot of them were not the heads falt. So now that they need to pimp a new head company PP heads are ****. It doesn't take a PHD to figure whats going on. I brought a set of PP heads from LS1 Speed because Texas Speed put me on hold to long( they lost a big sale heads plus a bunch of other stuff) any way I got my heads they look great had them checked out by two machine shops and they said that it good work and every thing was good. They are going on my 429 and will be going in the car in a few days and we will see how they work. If not good I will try a differant brand no big deal, Why were this heads great one day any suck the next. Texas Speed and Terry I don't see How I or anyone else can or would want to trust anything you say about your products. I sure hope not to many people fall for your sales gimick!!!!!!!!!!
I must agree. This post is a troll. This site need to police itself better. I own a set of pp stage 2 heads. Mine run great. The fact is ive read so much bad about my heads its not funny. I took them to my local engine builder to check them before i put them on. They checked out fine. My so called crappy valve seals do not leak oil(Teflon not viton). My crappy turkish valves work fine. My so called gold wonder springs work fine too. I tested them to see if the valves would leak and i got 1 drop in 5 mins on one valve. Im sure after 1 min of running that drop would of been gone. I did minor cleanup on the floor of the port. Im sure they flow fine. It is tea's intake right? lol
I Think i got a great value for my money. Even with paying for the check and the 37 thou i had taken off i still saved at least 1000 off on any head around at the time.

There is too much bs going on here. Vendors hypeing parts. Guys who got ripped or feel they did getting revenge online. Shops rippng other shops to get more buisness etc...

I lurk on this form to get good info. More and more i see trolls to direct buisness to certain shops.

This site needs to police itself better.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:23 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Eye
I must agree. This post is a troll. This site need to police itself better. I own a set of pp stage 2 heads. Mine run great. The fact is ive read so much bad about my heads its not funny. I took them to my local engine builder to check them before i put them on. They checked out fine. My so called crappy valve seals do not leak oil(Teflon not viton). My crappy turkish valves work fine. My so called gold wonder springs work fine too. I tested them to see if the valves would leak and i got 1 drop in 5 mins on one valve. Im sure after 1 min of running that drop would of been gone. I did minor cleanup on the floor of the port. Im sure they flow fine. It is tea's intake right? lol
I Think i got a great value for my money. Even with paying for the check and the 37 thou i had taken off i still saved at least 1000 off on any head around at the time.

There is too much bs going on here. Vendors hypeing parts. Guys who got ripped or feel they did getting revenge online. Shops rippng other shops to get more buisness etc...

I lurk on this form to get good info. More and more i see trolls to direct buisness to certain shops.

This site needs to police itself better.
One of the best posts I've read! Well put. I don't run PP heads, but alot of this stuff smells. It's funny, a company who I think comes along to give a good product at a geat price and people want to bash. I say keep it up! Lets get rid of all the companys that are trying to give us a better value, and lets keep paying double for our SPECIAL LS1 motors. Knock knock is anybody home???
Old 09-23-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

How long ago did I tell you guys about this?!?!

And Gomer...my how you have changed your tune. YOu bashed me up and down, and lifted Terry up on a pedestal so high. Looks like Patriot made that pedestal too because it seems to have broke.

Look up my old Patriot posts guys...and all of the others. They keep saying everything is fixed, everything is fine. People are still losing motors. Save up a few more bucks for something quality...it'll save you thousands later.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=747578
Old 09-23-2004, 10:55 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect

And Gomer...my how you have changed your tune. YOu bashed me up and down, and lifted Terry up on a pedestal so high. Looks like Patriot made that pedestal too because it seems to have broke.

Look up my old Patriot posts guys...and all of the others. They keep saying everything is fixed, everything is fine. People are still losing motors. Save up a few more bucks for something quality...it'll save you thousands later.
Quit spraying yout car so hard like you told me on the phone. Oh thats right, you didn't have the money to fix it. So you sold it. You are a bust out tire salesman. Why don't you understand? But because you tried to get PP to repair your entire motor for free and they didn't, you still continue to cry. .. I'm done with this thread, everyone can see where it's going.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad your back tough guy. Again, im just spreading the truth, and keeping people informed. Have a great day, you know where to find me if ya wanna chat
Old 09-23-2004, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hydfixer - We're not looking to get into the specific problems that we had with Patriot's cylinder heads. We're not looking to step on others' toes, discredit one shop to pump up another, etc. We simply did not want to deal with all of the problems anymore. When Terry was at Patriot, we felt like we had someone there that could fully understand any problems we, as well as customers, were facing with the cylinder heads. Since Terry left, we have nobody that can fully understand what we were dealing with.

We were in no way involved with this post and would like to keep it that way.

Jason
Texas Speed & Performance
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com

Last edited by Jason 98 TA; 09-23-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
hydfixer - We're not looking to get into the specific problems that we had with Patriot's cylinder heads. We're not looking to step on others' toes, discredit one shop to pump up another, etc. We simply did not want to deal with all of the problems anymore. When Terry was at Patriot, we felt like we had someone there that could fully understand any problems we, as well as customers, were facing with the cylinder heads. Since Terry left, we have nobody that can fully understand what we were dealing with.

We were in no way involved with this post and would like to keep it that way.

Jason
Texas Speed & Performance
Hey if it smells like **** it usally is. Just funny how a good product went from gold to **** with in 2 weeks. Did all the faluires happen with in the two weeks? Also what is the ratio of heads sold to failure rate. I am sure that the other head manufactors have failures also but not as many, because they don't sell as many. I can aford to buy any brand of heads I want, but like every one is saying( you get what you pay for) not always, higher price doesn't allways mean better, lot of companies will put a higher price on a product, some times a new product and some times a old product remarketd, so that the people that think you get what you pay for will buy it for that reason. I have worked for companies that have done just that, sales are high until the customers quits buying it and then they lower the price and raise the price a new product. and laugh there *** off every time some one falls for it. Trust me I know.
Vendors are in busnies to make money not friends.

Last edited by hydfixer; 09-23-2004 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-23-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Quit spraying yout car so hard like you told me on the phone.

Cuz God knows an aftermarket head won't take spraying a 100 or even a 150 shot like a stock head will. When a company puts out a product that seems to be build by "Jerry's Kids", this is what happens.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect

I still find it funny that out of thousands of heads sold and running great, you seem to think everyone is doomed because of a case or two (and even if they're in fact proven to be the fault of PP)..

So how many "People are still losing motors"? You make it sound like this is a weekly occurance...
Old 09-23-2004, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98blackSS
I still find it funny that out of thousands of heads sold and running great, you seem to think everyone is doomed because of a case or two (and even if they're in fact proven to be the fault of PP)..

So how many "People are still losing motors"? You make it sound like this is a weekly occurance...
WELL PUT I bet the failure ratio is very low
Old 09-23-2004, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

This is a performance part, we all know anything can happen to performance parts whether it is 30 miles or 6000 miles. I have had no problems with my heads what so ever and for the money they can't be beat. I feel for you guys that have had a few problems, but you know what the old racing terms are, "thats racing". So drop the subject, end this post and lets move onto some positive topics.........
Old 09-23-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Quit spraying yout car so hard like you told me on the phone. Oh thats right, you didn't have the money to fix it. So you sold it. You are a bust out tire salesman. Why don't you understand? But because you tried to get PP to repair your entire motor for free and they didn't, you still continue to cry. .. I'm done with this thread, everyone can see where it's going.
You've got to be kidding me. There's no reason for you to take personal shots at Todd and then say you're done with the thread because the thread is going downhill. Thanks for contributing to that fact.

I'll say it again, you guys all get what you pay for, regardless of the fact a vendor you say you trusted told you that the product you were getting was the ****.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hydfixer
WELL PUT I bet the failure ratio is very low
Very low maybe, but I bet it's a lot higher than any head out on the market by far. There are others who have not and won't speak up about their same issues.