Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had my TEA SII 5.3L heads flowed and CC'd locally

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004 | 12:32 PM
FormerVendor

JRP, your heads were CNC'd here at TEA, hand finished by FFHP and should make good power.

Here's another thread on some heads that were CNC'd at TEA, hand finished by a reputable company and stalled at .575 lift, 505 RWHP didn't seem too bad to me!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...9&page=1&pp=20

We certainly don't want the heads to stall, and I would say that we probably haven't shipped any heads this year that did stall, our product gets better all the time.

FWIW, if anyone does have a stalling head we will fix it for free.
Old 10-09-2004 | 06:38 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
JRP, your heads were CNC'd here at TEA, hand finished by FFHP and should make good power.

Here's another thread on some heads that were CNC'd at TEA, hand finished by a reputable company and stalled at .575 lift, 505 RWHP didn't seem too bad to me!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...9&page=1&pp=20

We certainly don't want the heads to stall, and I would say that we probably haven't shipped any heads this year that did stall, our product gets better all the time.

FWIW, if anyone does have a stalling head we will fix it for free.
brain fart , i actually new that. the first set i had CNC' TEA finished @ FFHP pulled all the way to .600 cleanly with both the radius plate and intake. the new heads pictured stall around .550 w/ the radius plate but not with the intake...

Old 10-09-2004 | 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Could this "stalling air" cause the car to fall on its face at a certain rpm level?
Old 10-09-2004 | 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by max's dad
Could this "stalling air" cause the car to fall on its face at a certain rpm level?
nope it just looks bad on paper

If you put an intake on it won't stall. It would be real nice if we could flow a head at the vacuum it sees while running.

Last edited by H82BBad; 10-10-2004 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2004 | 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brian you guys are great,fix an older set of heads for free wow!!TEA"s reputation is really good on this site,you have loyal users for sure and your heads always make good power!! Are you doing any work with the AFR casting?I know you are, just wondering about the progress???
Old 10-10-2004 | 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FASTONE
Brian you guys are great,fix an older set of heads for free wow!!TEA"s reputation is really good on this site,you have loyal users for sure and your heads always make good power!! Are you doing any work with the AFR casting?I know you are, just wondering about the progress???
Mine will be out in a couple of days. I got Stage 2.5 AFR's with the optional hand finishing and nitrous exaust port. These should be some bad MF'ers.