Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best heads?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 04:31 AM
Collections Hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cylinder heads

check out our website www.etheads.com We just rebuilt our site and still have a lot to add. If anyone is going to the PRI show this year, we will have our full line of gen three heads on display as well as our new casting. We don't like to play price wars, so you may not here of us having the least expensive cylinder head on the market, but we don't need a warranty claims dept nor a bad line of excuses of why people heads are not shipped ontime. So when someone asks who's got the best heads on the market, Well, We all do. Every one of us vendors has the best head for someone, whether its a teenager in high school who has 1000.00 to spend, well he may want a Patriot or PRC head because they are priced below the average market price.
On the opposite end, you have the people who want to buy one set of heads in a lifetime. They will usually go for the higherpriced heads with brand named parts and possibly have something built to fit their engine combination, instead of a mass produced cookie cutter. It is still number one rule of thumb, you get what you pay for, and sometimes less.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default PRC heads

The PRC heads are not a mass produced cookie cutter heads.At $1579 for a 5.3L head they are not as cheap as the other brand,and they have name brand parts.PRC heads are not a budget cylinder head.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:59 AM
Suspended Sponsor Account

we do some killer cylinder heads and every set is based on the customers needs and goals. our heads are less expensive than some and more than others. a set of 5.3L hand finished heads will run about $1395.00-1795.00 depending on your options.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

For the guys out there who would like to do their own custom runner porting, don't forget about our LS6 style CNC chamber only heads. We peform the CNC to the chambers of our heads in your choice of 59,64,or 68 cc heads. Install the bronze guides and hardened valves seats. We leave the intake and exhaust runners stock for your own custom touch. The heads retail for only $795.00 per pair.

If you would rather have a completely CNC head and just do your own hand finishing, we can also accomadate you. We do our CNC program to runners and chambers, install bronze guides and hardened seats, and perform a 5 angle valve job. The heads are then milled to the factory deck height. These are $1,095.00 per pair.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Terry@RacetechSpeed
PM or email me for details.PRC does not have a website up.
I used your website's contact thing a couple of days ago on some PRC questions... Is that up and running or should I email it to you?
Old 11-02-2004, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Angry

Originally Posted by Terry@RacetechSpeed
For the record, I have stated 2 times that the heads were patriot castings. My job was to sell patriot heads. Do you think that I wanted to carry a knife to a gun fight? If you race your car in a major event, such as the thunder shootout, your setup better be top notch. My point was to clarify that a set of heads pulled off the assembly line did not win the race. To win an event like this it takes some attention to detail. If a manufacturing company is producing heads there is no attention to detail. Everyone that purchases a set of heads is expecting the best product available, and they deserve it. If you have many sets of heads leaving on the ups truck everyday, the attention to detail is not a concern.
well Terry I think all the other heads involved were what the other head porters normally send. I am kind of shocked to have you admit that you cut corners at patriot after their heads started selling well. And that heads that performed well at that time were hand done by you and did not represent what was really coming off of the CNC machine. And you knowningly admit to it. So when someone called up after the last thunder shootout and asked for a set of heads just like the ones that won..did you change the valves and Or hand port them also or just lead them to believe they came off the cnc machine? It is cool that when the chips were down and you needed the best you used the same valves that come in every set of TEA heads.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by H82BBad
well Terry I think all the other heads involved were what the other head porters normally send. I am kind of shocked to have you admit that you cut corners at patriot after their heads started selling well. And that heads that performed well at that time were hand done by you and did not represent what was really coming off of the CNC machine. And you knowningly admit to it. So when someone called up after the last thunder shootout and asked for a set of heads just like the ones that won..did you change the valves and Or hand port them also or just lead them to believe they came off the cnc machine? It is cool that when the chips were down and you needed the best you used the same valves that come in every set of TEA heads.

The heads was not a full hand port.They were cnc cut then hand finished.

I would think every shop car that shows up to race has a set of heads that are made sure to be the best they can bolt on the car,regardless of what brand.Do you think John Force would show up at a race without knowing his car has the best parts that he can put on it?

All of the heads was built in the same manner.They got cnc machined,valve job,some hand detailing in the bowl area,then assembled.What parts that was in the heads or the condition of them was not my decision.Manufacturing processes are refined for speed to get parts out the door,regardless of what type of part is being produced.As I staded before,to sell a product for a better price than all of the others in the market you can't spend alot of time making every set exactly the same.The tolerances are more wide open when heads are mass produced,they are not as good as if someone spent a couple of days making sure everyport flowed the same,this is blueprinting.This is no different than Dart,Edelbrock or any other mass produced cylinder head.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

I agree with Terry because it happens. Just like when you look in an Edelbrock book and look at their sheet that has all of their heads flow numbers on it they flowed the best head that they could find, maybe not exactly but just to make a point. When a manufacturer knows that a particular set of heads are going to be "graded" they will make sure that head is the best that they can send out.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bo White
I agree with Terry because it happens. Just like when you look in an Edelbrock book and look at their sheet that has all of their heads flow numbers on it they flowed the best head that they could find, maybe not exactly but just to make a point. When a manufacturer knows that a particular set of heads are going to be "graded" they will make sure that head is the best that they can send out.
...i mean he has a point
Old 11-02-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

I understand that the heads were ringers. My complaint is you never posted up that the heads use were not representitive of what Patriot sold at the time. You made it seem like they were patriot heads when it was convienent for you to do so but now that you are not with them they were your heads.How many people bought them thinking they were getting the same head the race winner had? So I guess since Gomer was the first car for PRC heads he has a ringer set also?
Old 11-02-2004, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like a good question to me.....
Old 11-02-2004, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand that the heads were ringers. My complaint is you never posted up that the heads use were not representitive of what Patriot sold at the time. You made it seem like they were patriot heads when it was convienent for you to do so but now that you are not with them they were your heads.How many people bought them thinking they were getting the same head the race winner had? So I guess since Gomer was the first car for PRC heads he has a ringer set also?

PRC does not make a ringer head.Every set is hand worked to ensure flow & quality.This is not a mass produced item.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also read up on gomer and those heads; he spent a LOT of time making sure everything was done right. Compared to a lot of guys ( myself included the first time around ) that throw a cam in with heads vs. degreeing the cam and making sure quench is good. I'm anxiously awaiting results from others BESIDES gomer on the PRC's.

Last edited by Viper; 11-02-2004 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:16 PM
FormerVendor

We also supply CNC ported 5.3 heads. Our Stage II heads come with 2.02"/1.57" valves for $1295.00 per pair assembled and our Stage III 2.05"/1.60" heads are $1495.00 per pair assembled. As with our LS6 style heads, flow sheet is included.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matts22
Terry, can you please check your pm/email from me and send me a reply?
Old 11-02-2004, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Terry does not build PRC heads, PRC builds them and Terry doesn't work at PRC, he works at Racetech. I ordered my heads thru Terry@Racetech (PRC dealer) and they were shipped directly to my house. Terry has never touched the heads that are on my car, he just took my payment..... He never even got to inspect them before I installed them.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viper
I'm anxiously awaiting results from others BESIDES gomer on the PRC's.
I'm trying, if I could just get some info

Hey, gomer, is their anyone at PRC I could talk to? I'd just really like to get some info and flow numbers on these heads. (2.5's) Does racetech sell these in a H/C package?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by f-bodman
I'm trying, if I could just get some info

Hey, gomer, is their anyone at PRC I could talk to? I'd just really like to get some info and flow numbers on these heads. (2.5's) Does racetech sell these in a H/C package?

Yes,I sell them in a H/C package.I will email you more info.