Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help

i have a stock 2002 z28. I had the lifters replaced for a knocking noise at about 16k. Well the knocking is back and I also have a clucking sound coming from the rear end when I push on the gas pedal to pick up speed. The dealership is telling me that it is a charaterisic of the vehicle. I asked then to show it to me inanother one but they cant since they dont make camaros or firebirds anymore. Is this common? PLEASE HELP. anyone who can please e-mail me at pssthey@aol.com

thank you guys

Last edited by pssthey; 11-27-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Don't Know About The Rear End Problem, But I Have The Same Knocking In My Motor On My 2002 Trans Am Collector Edition. Dealership Said It Is A Characteristic Of The Motor. I Told Them That Was A Bunch Of Bull. The Knock Is A "piston Slap", Where They Bored The Block Too Much And They Hate To Admit It. My Warranty Expired Yesterday But The Service Manager Is Trying To Get Gm To Extend My Warranty To 60,000 Miles On The Motor To Cover It. I Told Them I Want It Tore Down The The No. 1 Piston Replaced. Still Waiting To Hear From Them--good Luck!
Old 11-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Well for the knock i got a component letter, like a warranty stating that they would cover it
Old 11-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Yes They Will Say They Will Cover It But They Really Do Not Want To Do Anything About It Unless You Pitch A Fit. I Told Them I Wanted My Torn Down And Fixed. When It Cranks Up It Knocks Like A Diesel Engine And Sounds Bad. Persistance Pays Off So Keep After Them To Fix It. They Say It Won't Hurt It, But I'm Afraid If I Try To Sell It, That It Will Hurt The Sale Of It, Besides I Really Love The Car And Power--good Luck
Old 11-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Teching In

the sad part is that I work in the GM call center. That is how i got my component letter just to make sure that they will cover my engine if anything does happen to it. Now the cluck in the rear end is making me wonder.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Yea Well, I Test Drove A 2004 Ford F150 Decked Out All The Way And Thought About Trading My Gm For A Ford. But It Did Not Have The Ls1 Power That I Desire. So I Guess For Now Will Keep The Trans Am And Hope They Will Correct The Knocking. Don't Know About Your Rear End Problem, Haven't Had That One Yet.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Well lets start with getting you a file going, you had the knocking going on before you were out of warranty right
Old 11-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Yes, I Made Them Give Me Documentation Regarding This Knocking On Paper. The Manager Said That Is All I Need And He Just Needs To Get His Regional Manager To Extend The Warranty. Then I Am Going To Persist With Making Them Fix The Piston.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Teching In

call the center and get one from there. get a file started on it. then it is on record and they can pull it, the dealers can not see what another pne has done to your car but the center can
Old 11-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Yes I Called The Pontiac Customer Service And The Lady Called The Dealership And Said They Told Her It Was A Characteristic In The Motor. I Told Her That It Was A Bunch Of Bull And That Would Not Be The Last Of Me On This Subject. Dealership Places Blame And Decision On Gm And Gm Places It On Dealership--talk About Shifting The Problem Around. So Now I Am Disgusted With It But Do Have A Web Site With Class Action Suit Regarding This Problem.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Teching In

they gave you a file # right??? email me at pssthey@aol.com.....I am sure it works faster