Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get oil pump spacer for Roll Master chain?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to get oil pump spacer for Roll Master chain?

Anyone know where I can get just the spacers? I already have the chain...
Old 01-13-2005, 01:53 AM
Launching!

Mine came with the Double roller chain.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I understand that, but I bought mine off a forum member a while ago, although I forgot I needed the spacer. Now I need to find one.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

spacers for oil pump-shims.jpg

This is what they look like. 1/8 inch thick.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here are some traces I did for a member a few months back, they are from a Rollmaster double timing chain for LS1's.

Excuse my crappy handwriting, but you get the idea. Apparently the traces worked well enough for him. If you want to search for the thread, I think the guy's name was 68bird. Hope this helps, I don't have the chain any longer so I can't make any more traces.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

how close do they have to be?
Old 01-13-2005, 03:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

That is a good one Cyphur!

how close do they have to be?
You have all the dimentions. please proceed and duplicate.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

hey man, i went through the same thing that you did. ended up my cat took them out of the box that the chain came in and played with them. and then after about a month after i put the chain i saw the parts laying on the floor! lol i was so angry at that lil bastard. lol. but i made a set and if i can make them i know anyone can. i will look for the set that i have somewhere and all i will want is like $10. but let me see if i can find them first
Old 01-13-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
That is a good one Cyphur!

You have all the dimentions. please proceed and duplicate.

Yes, i'll just go to the metal shop in my apartment and make them.
Please don't respond if you're not gonna answer the question for me, thanks. I do have somewhere I can get them maid, all I wanted to know is if they were a little off or didnt have rounded edges if something would get in the way of them fitting. geeze.

68birdls1: If you can find them i'll gladly pay you the $10. It would be much easier for me.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

jermzz, cool down dude. i think the fact that i said "traces" in my original post, and that there were pictures of other original pieces should have spelled it out. sometimes people around here snap cuz a lot of people ask a lot of stupid unneccessary repetitive questions. yours may have had some merit, but realize the answer was also right here on the page.

my pics are EXACTLY what they look like. they are machined metal, no rounded edges except the shape. hopefully 68birdls1 can help ya out.

68birdls1...glad to see that helped ya out!! too bad about the cat, not much you can do about them. they're curious playful creatures. gotta luv 'em tho
Old 01-13-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand the dimensions are there, but the tracings are usless as they will not be the correct size when they are printed on paper. Hence my question I was flamed on.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:04 AM
Teching In

Im feel you jermzz. Some people like to be condisending tards. Dont act like a genius then try to justify someone being iritated with your actions, answer clearly or dont reply. Some people are trying to get things accomplidhed here.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Guys, no flames here just wallbanging.

You have your oil pump. Flip it and you'll see where the holes are.
Make a template of the areas on the pump with pencil and paper
Put the template on 1/8 inch sheetmetal, draw the contour and holes. use the dimentions given to you as reference. smooth out the edges and voila.

In my basic little mind, I cannot fathom how one would do a cam swap and not be able to use their immaginations to fabricate a simple shim (with pics and dimentions given nonetheless).
So if I offended you little wet nosers, well tough. You should concentrate on learning not the offense. Obviously none of you have been in the Army.
(Ok that being said, it's obvious I'm not in a good mood)
Old 01-14-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

You should concentrate on learning not the offense. Obviously none of you have been in the Army.
Good point. The Army does give you a better appreciation of concentrating on the task at hand, lol.

Petty quarrals aside, the dimensions are there, you should be able to take that diagram to any machine shop thats worth half a damn and they should be able to make them. Like P-Z said, just flip over your oil pump and you should see where they belong.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, no flames here just wallbanging.

You have your oil pump. Flip it and you'll see where the holes are.
Make a template of the areas on the pump with pencil and paper
Put the template on 1/8 inch sheetmetal, draw the contour and holes. use the dimentions given to you as reference. smooth out the edges and voila.

In my basic little mind, I cannot fathom how one would do a cam swap and not be able to use their immaginations to fabricate a simple shim (with pics and dimentions given nonetheless).
So if I offended you little wet nosers, well tough. You should concentrate on learning not the offense. Obviously none of you have been in the Army.
(Ok that being said, it's obvious I'm not in a good mood)
LOL, I've never been in the army, but I do agree with you.

David
Old 01-15-2005, 05:39 AM
Teching In

The army is actually a bunch of brain washed overachievers that are taking the easy but hard way through school, that turn gung ho and arent given the chance to be questioning athority. But I have huge respect for them all at the moment, they make our world a better place. And I could care less about the whole situation, its not my car. As for your mood,I give 2 ***** about your mood, I just kind of saw the situation from jermzz's perspective. No harm ment.I appologize if I came at you all the wrong way. And the army comment is totally irrelevant. I have three friends in that **** hole, what does that have to do with ones opinion on a diagram. Also consentrating on the task at hand in the army is called attention to detail. But what must we know, we werent in the services. But thanks for the help you did give, as you can see my moods just fine.

Last edited by xcobra; 01-15-2005 at 05:52 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

In the Army they teach you how to use initiative, analize problems, resolve them very quickly (your life depends on it) and how to "think out of the box". That is what I meant.
This problem solving logic is very helpful in daily life and especially in the Hot Rodding arena, where everything has to be modified or fabricated.

As for your other comment about what an army is, I will ignore it since you have obviously NO idea and certainly have not deserved the right to make a comment like that.
Just remember that in order to have peace, you have to be ready to go to war, and that requires an army.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xcobra
The army is actually a bunch of brain washed overachievers that are taking the easy but hard way through school, that turn gung ho and arent given the chance to be questioning athority.
What in the hell are you talking about? Until you join up and stand a post, you have nothing to say on the subject.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:03 AM
Teching In

My dad was in the vietnam war, grandfather in ww2, and by the way I voted for bush and respect what were doing and support it. If anything comes out of this war, its that genocidal world terrorist threat no longer ahole saddam is no longer in power. And Ill be the first to say to anyone on this thread who was in the service, I respect you and thank you again. I didnt mean to offend anyone,if I did i appologize. But leave the army stuff out of the car forums if at all possible. Because we both know and im sure you would honestly agree, there are some guys in the army that follow orders about as well as a great white shark,and have the i.q of a camshaft.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

The army is actually a bunch of brain washed overachievers that are taking the easy but hard way through school, that turn gung ho and arent given the chance to be questioning athority.
Ill be the first to say to anyone on this thread who was in the service, I respect you
That's quite an interesting way you have of giving respect to service members.