Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Heads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Noones trying to dog you man, but alot of us are on this forum ALOT and we see the same questions asked over and over and over and over and over and over. Theres sometimes the same question 5 different times on the first page.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
I agree, it is every persons perogative to start a new post. Its also our perogative to flame the **** out the subject b/c its been discussed a billion times. I personally have no problem with new posts, as long as people have searched a good deal and read as much as they can(not a few posts here and there) and then ask an INFORMED question. There is a cornicopia of information on this site, and while it IS a message forum, there also IS a reason they have kept every single post from day one searchable and updated nightly.....so the board can make forward progress w/o dwelling constantly. Its frustrating to see people not take advantage of such a gold mine.
Remember, the issues that have been covered a million times is a new issue to some people. So what is obvious to us may not be to a newcomer. I use the search alot myself, but when you are new to a board you are looking for interaction. Nothing wrong with answering the question and then adding that the person may want to do a search for more info. If you dont feel like answering you could always click off of the post and let someone else answer it.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
I agree, it is every persons perogative to start a new post. Its also our perogative to flame the **** out the subject b/c its been discussed a billion times. I personally have no problem with new posts, as long as people have searched a good deal and read as much as they can(not a few posts here and there) and then ask an INFORMED question. There is a cornicopia of information on this site, and while it IS a message forum, there also IS a reason they have kept every single post from day one searchable and updated nightly.....so the board can make forward progress w/o dwelling constantly. Its frustrating to see people not take advantage of such a gold mine.
You know what is frustrating to me...when people use "perogative" and "flame" in the same sentence. I guess that just shows your true character.

Originally Posted by Full-Force
Remember, the issues that have been covered a million times is a new issue to some people. So what is obvious to us may not be to a newcomer. I use the search alot myself, but when you are new to a board you are looking for interaction. Nothing wrong with answering the question and then adding that the person may want to do a search for more info. If you dont feel like answering you could always click off of the post and let someone else answer it.
Well put.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Full-Force
I generally do, but seeing as I was the 15th person to respond to this post...it was a little late...

There are stickies for a reason, and they explain things. Like the search button. Granted, human interection is nice. Thats what AOL chatrooms are for. Posting up INFORMED questions is all that I ask....not that people don't post at all. But seriously, how many more posts of "will true duals work on my car?" do you think we can manage in the externals forum? Or, will this muffler fit? Or, in this forum, "will this cam work for me?", "which springs should i use?", or "pick a cam for me out of these three!!!".

I'm personally here to learn, figure out whats best for my car and my goals, and share what I've learned. I have no problem answering questions til my face turns blue(check my post count....I answer a bunch of questions ) but after a year or two on this site, things can get old. While it doesn't give people who have been here a while/spend far too much time online, any right to bash people just for being new, it does justify a little desire for self-starting concerning newbies.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

you know, i often do a search on a "dead horse" subject, but still desire to get the most up to date info as i can.

If some one wanted info on a "dead horse" subject like..."best cam" ; if they did a search, depending on the date of the post would determine the current "best cam" I dont see anything wrong with opening up discusions on things that some on here may find to be old news...if you find yourself getting board with the same old questions and topics, then when you see the Title of the thread, just skip it, or, stop living on the internet. No need to come in and try and make the guy feel like a dumbass for asking a good question.

"dead horse" is getting to be as bad as the little "welcome to last week/year" BS....
Old 01-17-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fastta
You know what is frustrating to me...when people use "perogative" and "flame" in the same sentence. I guess that just shows your true character.
damn....i'm a no character havin fool now.....you sure called me out buddy!!

i'm not about to get caught up in a pissing contest over this stupid ****. we agree on certain things, disagree on others. you don't like my attitude, good for you. i don't mind criticism, as long as it remains decently mature. you want to get stupid over this stuff and turn it into personal attacks, go for it. i personally have better things to do.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 01-17-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

If you don't want to answer the question, SKIP IT, everyone doesn't live on this website like some of us. It doesn't take alot to be curtious
Old 01-17-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like my heads so far.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by texada
If you don't want to answer the question, SKIP IT, everyone doesn't live on this website like some of us. It doesn't take alot to be curtious

you don't like reading 500 pages of the same question and someone else doesn't like reading 500 pages of junk to get a simple question answered ... if you don't want to answer then don't and someone else will.

i got a challenge for you search ****'s, find me 2 threads in each category where the question/problem posted could NOT have been answered/resolved using a search!

Last edited by madpwr1; 01-17-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

my hand ported pp stage 2 flowed 280 last week and my new tsp 5.3s flowed 306
Old 01-17-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MARKSZ71
my hand ported pp stage 2 flowed 280 last week and my new tsp 5.3s flowed 306
would that be the tea or precision race components heads you are referrin to that flowed 306?
Old 01-17-2005, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Has any one ran the patriot performance heads before? Any info? J>K> But myself being new to these sites I know I asked a couple of ?s that must have been covered already Im juat not sure how to do the whole search thing yet but am learning. Anyways thanks for the help from everyone I hope the original guy who asked this isnt too beat up to post again. You never know he may be the psyco with an attitude who will devote the rest of his days hunting you guys down instead of posting now. Anyways its all fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just did a search about them and all I've found so far is more threads about "do a search" ....what does that tell you?
Old 01-24-2005, 08:24 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skimms98
I just did a search about them and all I've found so far is more threads about "do a search" ....what does that tell you?
it tells you were sick of PP threads.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jrp
it tells you were sick of PP threads.
hahahahha

you'll find the threads, keep lookin.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh I found them, I'm just sayin.....if it's such a dead horse it would seem a sticky would be in order? yes? No? Maybe?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jrp

well if he did search he'd find i already did an in depth review of the PP heads.
Speaking of horses, you need to get off your high horse. Not everyone is a 7k post veteran. And not everyone will put all their faith in one of your "in depth writeups", either. Stop being such a cocky a-hole Jerami.

I totally agree with fastta and also the guy who pointed out wanted to get the most up-to-date info...thats especially key.

Last edited by KB99WS6; 01-24-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fastta
You know what amazes me. The entire premise of this board is to provide people with a forum in which to interact with one another in a way that encourages the exchange of worthwhile information. That's why it is called a "bulletin board" and not a search engine. If all the newbs are supposed to do is search as soon as they come to this board then why don't we just eliminate their ability to post altogether.

01C564C, to answer your actual question, and avoid all this "beating a dead horse" bullshit, the PP heads are not all that bad. They don't flow quite as well up top as some of competitor's heads, but a little smoothing by hand seems to help them out quite a bit. And it isn't hard to do either.
I agree, on both
Old 01-25-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Speaking of horses, you need to get off your high horse. Not everyone is a 7k post veteran. And not everyone will put all their faith in one of your "in depth writeups", either. Stop being such a cocky a-hole Jerami.

I totally agree with fastta and also the guy who pointed out wanted to get the most up-to-date info...thats especially key.

Damnnnnnnnnnnn ......
Old 01-25-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

***does search***

"ooooh! a thread about the heads with 39 replies! and almost a thousand views! this has to be helpful!.....:"

"... no.. wait.. its full of people bitching and no links to said helpful threads."

**continues searching...**

**finding only dead end posts that end with "do a search"**

**makes new post asking.**

and the cycle repeats.

heres a hint.
either YOU do a search, and post the results, or dont reply.. that way the searcher sees no replies, and keeps looking... hopefully finding this obsecure, dropped to the bottom because people use the words "Patriot" and "head" so much, thread with ALL this info....

anyhoo, to answer the actual question:

Originally Posted by 01C564C
Why are they so cheap in price? Does the quality reflect the cost? Any patriot users have any problem with them?
they're cheap because they get the truck castings, weld the chambers up, then CNC them. the truck heads have the LS6 ports, so after machining, they're exactly the shape you want..

cost and quality arnt always related.. sometimes you can get good things cheap.

the first gen of their heads had problems... but they've got the bugs worked out now.

while they arnt the absolute best head out there, the amount the others have over them are minimal, and the price diff is alot larger... and thats why they sell ALOT of them.