Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Heads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Speaking of horses, you need to get off your high horse. Not everyone is a 7k post veteran. And not everyone will put all their faith in one of your "in depth writeups", either. Stop being such a cocky a-hole Jerami.

I totally agree with fastta and also the guy who pointed out wanted to get the most up-to-date info...thats especially key.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:08 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Speaking of horses, you need to get off your high horse. Not everyone is a 7k post veteran. And not everyone will put all their faith in one of your "in depth writeups", either. Stop being such a cocky a-hole Jerami.

I totally agree with fastta and also the guy who pointed out wanted to get the most up-to-date info...thats especially key.
thats funny, i dont remember gunnar sending you a new PP ls6 style head to test out, spec, and compare to share independent data with the board. but gee, what do i know
Old 01-25-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrp
thats funny, i dont remember gunnar sending you a new PP ls6 style head to test out, spec, and compare to share independent data with the board. but gee, what do i know
lol oo man nice
Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jrp
i think you're missin the point ... maybe some people would like to get other people's up-to-date results as well ... your results are just one of many, it's not the end all be all of head comparisons.

btw, doin a search on patriot would not get you anywhere, especially for a newbie ... readin all those posts bout all the problems patriot had and then fixed and blah blah blah ... who the hell would know what's currently goin on with them.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:28 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by madpwr1
i think you're missin the point ... maybe some people would like to get other people's up-to-date results as well ... your results are just one of many, it's not the end all be all of head comparisons.

btw, doin a search on patriot would not get you anywhere, especially for a newbie ... readin all those posts bout all the problems patriot had and then fixed and blah blah blah ... who the hell would know what's currently goin on with them.
as far as i know my test is the most up to date and independent out right now. find another post with flow through an ls6 intake, you wont find one. that was the point. the test was done with the newest design PP ls6 style head and was fully spec'd and flowed. and for ***** and giggles a comparison against another head under the same conditions. again, you wont find it, hence the reason for the test.

a simple search in the dyno section will net you a ton of results from ls6 style to 5.3's' all with a variety of cams ranging from tr224's to x3's. its not hard to find patriot information when about 3/5 members here own a set.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by madpwr1

damn thast a good point to ( damn i better stop instigating ) lol sorry iam at work and its mot the most exiting place on earth.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Jerami, you are still missing the original point. Ya know if you didn't have such an attitude, in your first post you could have just linked your writeup and told the guy to check it out instead of flaming him.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jrp
as far as i know my test is the most up to date and independent out right now. find another post with flow through an ls6 intake, you wont find one. that was the point. the test was done with the newest design PP ls6 style head and was fully spec'd and flowed. and for ***** and giggles a comparison against another head under the same conditions. again, you wont find it, hence the reason for the test.

a simple search in the dyno section will net you a ton of results from ls6 style to 5.3's' all with a variety of cams ranging from tr224's to x3's. its not hard to find patriot information when about 3/5 members here own a set.
i sure as hell don't give two the test you did was only flow numbers and still only ONE test ... maybe the guy just wanted to interact and thought this was a bullentin board and didn't realize he was on ls1techsearch.com

how the hell did you become a moderator anyway? i can tell everyone to just use the search button too, any new openings?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so what you're saying is, you have done a very thorough and complete writeup on it.... and YOU DIDNT LINK HIM?

that doesnt seem very helpful.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

While I'm sure JRP is a wealth of knowledge and no doubt knows alot of which he speaks, the bottom line is exactly what I said. If you do a search and all you find is threads consisting of the same few people ranting about "do a search...Gawd! " then noone has learned anything. I know you'll say "yes they did, they learned to search"

NO. You've just pissed somebody off and maybe now they go to a different board, get good friendly advice and interaction and then buy from a sponsor on THAT BOARD, instead of this one. Your attitude about search is overbearing to say the least and is doing each and every sponsor of this board a disservice. Take a step back and ask yourself, what will take more time and energy? A smart *** do a search newbie rant or a link to your thorough testing as a start. Damn man, we all had to start somewhere.

Just my 2 cents, again on this situation.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Wow... where's the love?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

lol. Well I will say this: IMO, although he can be pretty rude sometimes for no reason, Jrp is very knowlegeable and helpful a lot of the time..
Old 01-25-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok guys this is all good ( and pretty damn intertaning for me while at work) but maibe we could stop and just help out the new guy i mean we do want to increase our memberships don't we, and who know knowledge can be found in ususpecting places like new members. I know i talked alot of crap earlier, sorry i was bored but lets get back to the original subject now, and help each other out, thats what we here for anyways.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

I think that new guy is long gone. I don't think he has commented since he made the post, has he?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that new guy is long gone. I don't think he has commented since he made the post, has he?
lol o man funny see guys we scared of another one
Old 01-25-2005, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jrp

Its funny but i looked back on some of your threads heres one(https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/96641-any-tips-installing-my-exhaust.html) and there were a couple of other threads that could have gotten the"search and ye shall find" post. remember you were once the newbie also so even if a question has been asked many times before doesnt mean u cant simply direct the person. we all have respect for your knowledge on some subjects and appriciate your help but to keep the respect you might consider leaving the shitty comments alone. just my thoughts. thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NO5.0
Its funny but i looked back on some of your threads heres one(https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96641) and there were a couple of other threads that could have gotten the"search and ye shall find" post. remember you were once the newbie also so even if a question has been asked many times before doesnt mean u cant simply direct the person. we all have respect for your knowledge on some subjects and appriciate your help but to keep the respect you might consider leaving the shitty comments alone. just my thoughts. thanks
I couldn't agree more. WELL SAID. and I'm glad it's not just me.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

damn you all need to calm down. this **** isn't that important. like you've said, you don't like the post, move on. i've taken some of your advice, maybe you should take your own now.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

yep, later
Old 01-25-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

You know, I don't know **** about heads. I researched my cam (I learned a lot and then installed it myself) without posting any new threads (too chicken I guess). Now I'm thinking about heads, so I do a little searching and I start looking for any new posts about heads. So I come here to read this post- 'Patriot Heads?' Sounds cool, maybe I can pick up some more info. But then it's just all this crap about searching and newbies and dead horses. WTF? I don't get tired of the 'which is the best lid' questions cause I don't click on the post. And I don't get tired of the 'who has the best p&p tb' questions cause I don't click on the post. I do get tired of the constant, condescending, 'Hey dumbass, why don't you do search' responses. Why don't we just nicely recommend a search but do a search for them and include the link? They'll soon learn that searches can be very helpful. My 2 cents. Please don't yell at me.