Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn. I can't believe I'm askin you guys If I have to worry about a NEON? GRRR

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DD966
With your current set-up, I'd say that LT's will net you another 30hp. I'm kinda surprised that your numbers are as good as they are without them.

But... if you really want to win (and I think it should be a driver's race now) why not add some N2O to make sure?

Finally, if you are going to race on the street, make sure it's at least a 1/4 mi. stretch, and be careful. Good Luck.
I've sworn off NO2. LOL It's to easy for me to get overzealous with it. Especially when it comes to how bad I wanna win. I'll only ever do FI or NA from now on.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Next Phase
I'm not gonna start over here, but how do you even know you have 400/440? You weigh 500+ lbs or more than scoob and you have less hp and torque..... do the math.
The average 383 (full exhaust, ported heads, ect) doesn't pull much more than 440-450rwtq. I cannot see how one can get that with stock exhaust manifolds and heads.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Next Phase
Christopher,

Good luck against Scoob.

I'm not gonna start over here, but how do you even know you have 400/440? You weigh 500+ lbs or more than scoob and you have less hp and torque..... do the math.
I've had the car back since like late Oct I think. I mod every paycheck.

That's why I decided to hold off on the turbo and go ahead and just build up everything else first. Saving the best for last.

Especially since I've decided on the Heads I'm going to order this month and I'm still trying to figure out what cam I want. Etc etc. I'm really leaning toward that lingenfilter turbo cam.

Tuning won't be an issue now either since I'll be doing it all my self.. So Now I can do it in more efficient stages and still be able to daily drive it.

I don't know his actual HP numbers but you're right if he is lighter and more powerful that is definately an issue for me. At that point I can just hope for a BSS Error. Between Seat and Shifter error.

LOL I am actually looking forward to this run though.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

my money is on the neon is there an official ls1tech bookie i can place my bet with?
Old 01-15-2005, 05:57 PM
9 Second Club

dude just race him and give errr hell . if you dont win , DONT TELL ANYBODY YOU LOST TO A NOEN!!!! good luck
Old 01-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madpwr1

that's some garage you got there!
Haha, not my place. That's me and "Buff" on this board plus another local at our friend Chris's place. Those are their Z06's.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
dude just race him and give errr hell . if you dont win , DONT TELL ANYBODY YOU LOST TO A NOEN!!!! good luck

Naa dude. I'll openly admit I lost IF I do.

I'm really lookin forward to my MAF and HP tuners Software to come in by mon or tuesday. So I can get to slimmin down fuel and working the timing a lil. She's just dumpin fuel right now.

I can't wait till My LT's come in. I'm going to fab my X Pipe right to them. Haven't decided if I'm going to leave the cats on there yet. As much as I've bottomed out and scraped they're probably hollow by. LOL