Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What engine do you want?

Old 01-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What engine do you want?

I need your help guys. What is your dream engine combo at the most reasonable price? Reason I ask is that I work for a well known engine builder and he will soon be offering reasonably priced LS1's. If any of you where to be looking to buy an engine, how big? ARP Main and Head studs? What is the biggest determining factor when selecting a new motor? What do you do with your old core? Also, what do you all think of Aluminum vs. Cast Iron Blocks?Let's get some replies here, I'm sure this will direct us in the right direction. Thanks
Old 01-20-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

I would like an engine in the 382-383 range with an alumnimum block and ARP main and head studs. I'd like to keep my old engine for a backup. Biggest determining factor is price/quality. I want it to be inexpensive but if paying more means better quality I'll go for it.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:27 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its not so about the motor as it is customer service, honesty, and integrity. because we can all buy our dream engine from a variety of vendors at practically the same cost. personally i'll pay a little more for an engine builder who listens to my needs, is honesty with me about lead and down time, and keeps me in the loop.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrp
its not so about the motor as it is customer service, honesty, and integrity. because we can all buy our dream engine from a variety of vendors at practically the same cost. personally i'll pay a little more for an engine builder who listens to my needs, is honesty with me about lead and down time, and keeps me in the loop.

Also I'll pay a little more for someone who actually knows what they are doing and is willing to do things that are right and not the latest trend.

However sometimes the biggest drawback of motors is the f-ing time they take
Old 01-20-2005, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jrp
Is there such a builder in San Diego?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:58 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieLed
Is there such a builder in San Diego?
alot of people use don lee's auto. search the western forum for there feedback. also Steve Demirjian at Race Engine Development does work but he's more top end custom type stuff.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wheel To Wheel Powertrain -------------------------------->

Probably the nicest people that I have ever dealt with, and hands down the best customer service and product.

Give Kurt a call, they will take very good care of you.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:58 PM
11 Second Club

i want someone to come out with a piston rod combo... for use with the stock crank... sale them for like 1100 or so with arp rod bolts... include everything that is needed for me to drop the shortblock off with the machine guy and pick it back up assembled for me to up my heads and cam ect back on....

i want everything to be stock sized, except oversized pistons for the light hone on the bores.

can you do this? lol

Search this Thread