Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is running Yella Terra rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Who is running Yella Terra rockers?

Just installed mine this morning. I sounded like a sewing machine before and was ready to pull the cam out. Now it is quite. You can still hear it a little bit, but I'll live with it.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

muscrat - How did you install them? Just remove the old pedastal bar, insert the round pedastals that came with the arms, and torque? Did you need to use any of the shims? Mine just came in and I'm installing them Wednesday morning. Thanks for any insight you can give.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Just like that, no shims
I went to Burfer king today, for a test idleing close to the wall, unfortunatly It was still pretty loud, standing aside of the car in the open you still hear it, but it is quiter

Mauler
Old 05-02-2003, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

My engine stand is ******.
C5Corvette - I like the name! Where can I buy one and How much?TIA.
Joel
Mac Tools sells one, I think most of the major tool companies do. If you send me an email I can find you a dealer close to you if you like.
Brent (Macx Tools Dealer)
Old 05-02-2003, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

While checking P/V clearance, it wouldn't cause your typical rocker arm to flex the same as it would as in normal operation. Right? So that would mean the Yella Terra's would also clear, so long as you don't encounter some nasty valve float.

I would assume the problems would be encountered by people who just 'assumed' their valves would clear without checking before hand.

Edit: okay, after re-reading my post I'm not sure that's right either. I'm still not clear on the additional lift you'd gain with these though.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

Finally got mine put on and they are very nice.. valvetrain is much quieter.. Gains? I doubt it but peace of mind is worth it as I had three that would no longer center up on the valve tip..

Old 05-03-2003, 04:57 AM
TECH Junkie

I'd like to get a set because my valvetrain is super noisy....but I only have .085 p/v clearance...that being said, it seems like the rockers would put me over the edge?
Old 05-03-2003, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'd like to get a set because my valvetrain is super noisy....but I only have .085 p/v clearance...that being said, it seems like the rockers would put me over the edge?
P/V clearence issues occur well before and after max lift. Pistons are chasing the intake valve closed and the the ehaust valves are chasing the piston down the hole.

IMO, you'll not see any change in P/V clearence.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Ozz
Launching!

Well the car Mark is talking about is mine, And I have a TR 224/224 and S2 heads with double springs. I gained 7hp on the top and was still making power when I shut it down at 6800, the graph is much smoother on top and yes the valve train is quiter now. I would not look to this mod for the horsepower as much as the peace of mind to know that you will not be shelling the stock rockers and dumping needle bearings into the pan ( after 3 broken stockers I was freaking) So if you have the other mods done and want to squeak out a few more ponies or just to keep the top end together at 7k rpm. Buy em you will love em.