Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 11:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think so.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

I got the heads from a friends shop and he gave me a great deal. He also said they did a little extra on the exhaust.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jrp
is ONEBADWS6 the only one who posted independent numbers
Most people I know can't want to put the dang things on. If we didn't trust their flow numbers enough in the first place to buy their heads, we wouldn't have bought them. So most people probably don't see the need or desire to find someone else to flow them (up here in Cleveland, the closest place I know is TEA, 45 minutes away).

The above paragraph goes for any company.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Big-DEN
383LQSS - How do those 350CFM LS6 heads do with an LS6 intake attached?

I dont know..I was going to flow them here locally with my FAST 90mm setup bolted up but I ran out of time. I was really interested to see what the result would have been. The head leveled off at .650 or so and stalled down to 325 cfm or so above .700. But with an intake attached the stall point should occur in the higher lift. I was hoping to confirm this since my intake valve is seiing .731 lift after lash with this cam.

Im hoping to crank the car over tommorrow
Old 02-18-2005, 07:45 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimm
Most people I know can't want to put the dang things on. If we didn't trust their flow numbers enough in the first place to buy their heads, we wouldn't have bought them. So most people probably don't see the need or desire to find someone else to flow them (up here in Cleveland, the closest place I know is TEA, 45 minutes away).

The above paragraph goes for any company.
and yet those same people are the ones that bitch and complain and wonder why they have low dyno numbers or track times. not to say the heads are the sole problem but one wouldnt know if they just slap them on.

again, goes for any company. 50 bucks for an independent flow and spec can save alot of headaches down the road. if nothing at all it confirms what you bought is what you payed for.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Some of those people like to whine or bitch no matter what.

You're right, but I think I'm right in why. I think those people just don't care enough.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrp
and yet those same people are the ones that bitch and complain and wonder why they have low dyno numbers or track times. not to say the heads are the sole problem but one wouldnt know if they just slap them on.

again, goes for any company. 50 bucks for an independent flow and spec can save alot of headaches down the road. if nothing at all it confirms what you bought is what you payed for.
JRP. It is my belief that if you buy from us you will always get what you pay for, a top notch product! If the heads we sell don't make power WE HAVE REPLACED THEM. If a head we sold was faulty due to install error WE HAVE REPLACED THEM. We have not had valves falling apart.. (we only use name brand valves, mostly Ferrea) We have not had spring breakage problems because we only use top of the line products. We were the first company to use True duals on an ls1 as Standard Equipment. We research our products before we release them. We see no reason why someone else should beta test our stuff for us.
And yet it is always the same sour grapes from the same people posting about doubting our numbers, and how our bench is not correct. When we flowed an AFR 205 head it was right about where AFR said it should be (it was a little better in the mid rlift area) but our bench reads high? Is that what your trying to make people believe?
Old 02-18-2005, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TEA's power/track results speak well for them. Bunch of us Ga. boys using TEA heads w/above average results. My 2nd pair(exactly 1 yr. old)of TEA 5.3L 1.5's went 300.2/264.2@550, and 312.7/268.2@.600. Not bad for a stock exh. valve IMO.

I fully understand the logic you subscribe to, but even if the #'s were a tad off on an independent bench, the ET is what counts.

FWIW.... any head porter can have an iscolated incident(or two)of a head not performing to expectations. It happens, but as Brent stated, they(TEA)take care of their customer. This is from personal experience. Customer service/satisfaction is 2nd to NONE.

I guess I'll just never understand the grief TEA has to endure every time someone posts up their flow #'s. You get a well built head w/good hardware that performs as good(or better)than anything anyone else puts out at a FAIR price. What's not to like?

Rant OFF.....
Old 02-18-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

jrp, I got the #s in sig. to prove TEAs heads are the **** for the price. I dont need independent flow#s, I got the time slips. So many people on this site base their setup on flow#s and rwhp, just take the ****** thing to the track. Drag some *** or get your *** dragged, thats what its all about. Also, those track times were the first full pass on the setup with wheel hop and the tranny shifting into OD the last 200 feet of track. My car dynoed 413rwhp with budget heads and a small cam by todays standards yet Ill smoke most with higher #s and less weight.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok guys, This post is to enjoy the my story about my heads, not to beat each other to death about flow numbers that dont mean **** untill you stomp the gas to the floor and the car either moves or doesnt move, that's all I give a **** about, further more when you get top notch customer service, you get top notch product, that's proven!!! Enough of that, now here we are 8 hours into the project and the car is turned over into life. Thanks to kevin (nogo) @ eastside mail tune the car found idle and ran damn smooth right at fire up. We let the car come up to temp, shut it down, checked everything out again, looks all good. Start the car again and my brother and I look at one another and say lets take her out for a spin! I took the car down the road splashed some fresh 94 sunoco fuel in it and waited for a straight road. All I can say is DAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNN . This car is a monster, between 3K-6K the car pulls harder than pee-wee herman jerkin-off in a movie theatre. All I can say is TEA did a tremendous job on these heads and I have absolutely no doubt I got what I paid for!!!! The real test will be the dyno in march @ Eastside, but for now the car feels stronger than ever. Again thanks to TEA for top notch service and product, Brent created me some kinda monster!!
Old 02-19-2005, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

Sounds awesome z28man. Theirs so many nay sayers on this site, its ridiculous. And most of the time its the slower guys. Ive always said I build my car for me and not you. You have made a great set up and you will get the #s you seek. It already been proven.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28man
Ok guys, This post is to enjoy the my story about my heads, not to beat each other to death about flow numbers that dont mean **** untill you stomp the gas to the floor and the car either moves or doesnt move, that's all I give a **** about, further more when you get top notch customer service, you get top notch product, that's proven!!! Enough of that, now here we are 8 hours into the project and the car is turned over into life. Thanks to kevin (nogo) @ eastside mail tune the car found idle and ran damn smooth right at fire up. We let the car come up to temp, shut it down, checked everything out again, looks all good. Start the car again and my brother and I look at one another and say lets take her out for a spin! I took the car down the road splashed some fresh 94 sunoco fuel in it and waited for a straight road. All I can say is DAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNN . This car is a monster, between 3K-6K the car pulls harder than pee-wee herman jerkin-off in a movie theatre. All I can say is TEA did a tremendous job on these heads and I have absolutely no doubt I got what I paid for!!!! The real test will be the dyno in march @ Eastside, but for now the car feels stronger than ever. Again thanks to TEA for top notch service and product, Brent created me some kinda monster!!
Great deal! However Tony, Paris, Brian and Brent just did the heads..you and your bro created the monster putting it all together! let me know when you dyno it. Brent
Old 02-19-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

These heads were upgraded from 2.02/1.56. picked up 25hp with no other changes. I should get to the track within the next 2 weeks. There's no question about how much harder it pulls. Especially since it never sees under 4500rpm's.

TEA Stg 2.5 LS6 heads. Competition level. 2.055/1.57

........Int..Exh
.100 86.7 53.3
.200 139.4 117.3
.300 202.8 172.5
.400 253.9 220.0
.500 293.5 243.6
.550 310.1 251.5
.600 324.0 257.1
Old 02-20-2005, 02:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jrp
my power #s are doing just great and I just slapped em on. New numbers around 470rwhp to come in a few weeks N/A
Old 02-20-2005, 04:24 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by verbs
my power #s are doing just great and I just slapped em on. New numbers around 470rwhp to come in a few weeks N/A
you adding a 90/90?

whats funny is people construe my posts as bashing when in fact TEA did the cnc work on my heads and they were even shipped in a ****** TEA box. but apparently TEA doesnt want there name being associated when the numbers are "low". and its funny that TEA got a box stock AFR 205 to read 30cfm higher on the exhaust then Tony Mamo did on his own bench ...
Old 02-20-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrp
you adding a 90/90?

whats funny is people construe my posts as bashing when in fact TEA did the cnc work on my heads and they were even shipped in a ****** TEA box. but apparently TEA doesnt want there name being associated when the numbers are "low". and its funny that TEA got a box stock AFR 205 to read 30cfm higher on the exhaust then Tony Mamo did on his own bench ...
If we do CNC only work on a cylinder head we have no idea what it will flow. In order for it to be a TEA head it has to be CNC ported by us,blended by us and valve jobed by us. It is very to easy to kill the flow on a head blending the valve job. That is why in order to be considered a set of TEA heads we have to have been respnosible for all aspects of flow. We have seen 20 CFM gains from our valve job, No to mention our hand finishing. Fact is you got the heads from someone else because it was a cheaper way to go than getting them done by us and now your pissed because they do not perform the way you expected them to and blame us,when you only have your self to blame. I thought you understood this.As for the AFR heads flowing more on our bench we flowed it with a straght pipe. The same way we flow all heads. If we had not then the data would have ment nothing to us as it would not have been an equal comparison to the data we had previously collected.

In the near future all heads completely done by us will have our logo CNC'd on the exhaust flange as well as a serial number stamped on the head . So there will be no doubt when you by a TEA cylinder head.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrentB@TEA

In the near future all heads completely done by us will have our logo CNC'd on the exhaust flange as well as a serial number stamped on the head . So there will be no doubt when you by a TEA cylinder head.
Make sure it isn't in the area of the header gasket. I remeber Patriot doing that and they had alot of people complaining about exaust leaks. Just an FYI.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Make sure it isn't in the area of the header gasket. I remeber Patriot doing that and they had alot of people complaining about exaust leaks. Just an FYI.
we have a spot picked out! Thanks though!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

Brent,

You list AFR heads prepped by you. How does your AFR 205 and 225 compare to AFRs 205 and 225 and to your LS6 and 5.3 heads?

Are you also doing All Pro heads?

Thanks,

David
Old 02-21-2005, 04:52 AM
On The Tree

A fact that can be demonstrated time and time again is that TEA delivers a mean set of heads. No amouint of intenet chatter can alter that fact.

Quick Reply: Just Got My TEA Heads!! (Pics Inside)