Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big cam statement

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobby1
Mti lid, 80 mm mass airflow meter delete of ac belt and compressor. pacesetter headers and hooker y pipe hypertech tunning and 160 thermostat and borla exhaust.
what cam?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:12 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
what cam?
did you not read the first post
Old 03-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by soundengineer
JRP Knows his stuff......
dont just go calling people chicken **** just because they decide not to chime in with the words you want to see.....

try to tell an NHRA Champion that Big cams Suck...they will laugh at you so hard that they will probably pee themselves....and then they will ask you to please leave the racetrack.....

I have had 2 pro street drag cars that have went high 6's low 7's in the 1/4.....they both had HUGE cams compared to a TREX....you dont go high 6's or low 7's with a small cam
try to do that on your measly 224/228 cam in your signature....not gonna happen....

to ALL of those that think big cams suck.....
they only suck if YOUR setup cant handle the cam...
you cant compare 1 cam to another on a mostly stock car...
hmmm....lets see......
mostly stock car...
Shitty airflow...shitty airflow....shitty airflow....shitty exhaust flow.....that pretty much sums up a stock car....
so lets add the goodies...
LId...bigger MAF and TB...better flowing intake... better flowing heads better combustion spark better exhaust release....better valves and valvetrain, better bottom end, lighter bottom end and balanced bottom end, better oiling, better cooling, and thats only a START to the many many things you can really add to a car.... even then most cars are not steup properly to Handle a BIG cam.
I like... big... cams and I cannot lie.....(sorry..had a song in my head thanks to the radio)

Just because a smaller cam makes more power for your car...(and you have to go down the track to find that out) doesnt mean the big cams suck..... it just means your car isnt ready to be a big boy cam yet.
This is so true. People need to be able to discern between a true daily driver and a race car. My car drove like **** down low until the intake and ported tb.. and thats with a small cam. Big cams have their place, wish I had a car to justify using one. But my car is not built for the track, its built for the road. It will never compete with a serious drag queen, but it wont get jumped on the streets either. If the 1/4 mile was my concern I'd be in an auto with a huge cam and stall and all the electronics to go with it. Someone want to sponsor me the money to build a second car?

try to tell an NHRA Champion that Big cams Suck...they will laugh at you so hard that they will probably pee themselves....and then they will ask you to please leave the racetrack..... Good point here but they are also running 500 something cubic inches(pro stock), its not really the same game.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrp
did you not read the first post
threads getting so long I couldnt find it.

ok read it. I will say this. It seems like its has potential to make good power. untuned my tq was higher than my hp. But untuned the numbers he listed are very hard to believe. Who knows for sure without the graph being posted. I'm being nice for once.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 03-28-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After careful consideration, I have decided a stock cam, maybe even smaller will make my car the fastest...... so from now on its a stock cam for me, becuase it makes the most TQ at 800-1500 rpm and thats where I race at

on a more serious note, why do people have to knock proven cams, its just rediculous, we should make all these noobs read more before they are allowed to post crap like this, haha.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nickn20
After careful consideration, I have decided a stock cam, maybe even smaller will make my car the fastest...... so from now on its a stock cam for me, becuase it makes the most TQ at 800-1500 rpm and thats where I race at

on a more serious note, why do people have to knock proven cams, its just rediculous, we should make all these noobs read more before they are allowed to post crap like this, haha.
Because they new people are the ****! We are all 'old skool' 'techers and dont know ****.

BTW My offer to host still stands, as does the easy option to use tinypic.com hosting...
Old 03-28-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

people feel the need to bash proven cams b/c they can. they want to be different.

you wanna be different? get a truely custom cam like jrp, totally mapped to your heads, and have spent countless hours trying to plan your entire setup to complement itself. not enough people do that anymore......
Old 03-28-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't think you can win with this guy.no matter if you prove him wrong,he will just come back with bull#@ numbers.he doesn't know what he's talking about so he just lies to try to make himself look good.you can't argue with ignorant people
Old 03-29-2005, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ss rally red
They need to put this guys engine into the new Z06
2000 ta with 395 rwhp!not tuned or ls6 intake
Old 03-29-2005, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Angry

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
people feel the need to bash proven cams b/c they can. they want to be different.

you wanna be different? get a truely custom cam like jrp, totally mapped to your heads, and have spent countless hours trying to plan your entire setup to complement itself. not enough people do that anymore......
Guess you never read what I said I only wanted other people to know about the cam I got and I got shot down by these other people when my came is making more power mod to mod verus theirs and since your in this why not post your numbers and see what you got!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Talking

Originally Posted by Brandon
eh, F14 Graph v2 not much more but more power under the curve.

Post some graphs man, its not hard to run to kinkos or find a local friend with a scanner or digital camera. Hell I'll even host the graph(s) for you.
Before I do that I'm adding at least the ls6 intake or lsx either way your cam is not match for mine!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bobby1
2000 ta with 395 rwhp!not tuned or ls6 intake

hmm..thats funny... I just got this in a mail from this site....
not exactly what you posted...

Hello soundengineer,

bobby1 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - big cam statement - in the LS1-LS6 Internal Engine forum of LS1TECH.

This thread is located at:
https://ls1tech.com/forums//showthre...6&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
your right looking at your numbers i'm almost there and I have a 2000 ta with ls6 intake and tuning 395 rwhp!

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,
LS1TECH team

um......

QUIT TRYING TO LIE!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

This Bobby skull should be banned simply for being stupid. End of story. Joker probably doesn't even have a LS1 car.. probably a rice boy trying to be cool.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
bobby1......i'd worry more about your preposterous numbers and out of this world claims before you start knockin on a proven cam, professionally tuned. I'd love to roll down w/Brandon and watch him wax your ***. I'll bring the digital video cam so everyone on the board can watch!!!
Since your ex miltary use should be use to the term when your out gunned and bases of his cam with tunning my car is right there at 395 rwhp. Let's remember who stated bashing who. I personally if I made the numbers he is making, would look at another came because I saw a 2002 ta with headers and stock throttle make 397 rwhp with a hotcam 525 lift stock heads in gm high tech performance! Until a see a car with my mods put kind power down I'm going keep firing back at these inferior cams!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Wink

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
can i play this game too, he was raggin on my cam too
I never ragged the but since you said that I'll start by giving you great on all the mods you have done to your car but I really can't mess with you untill I get my heads and different rear end. Once that happens I see no problem in taking you down at the track because keep in my there are cam only cars running what you are running and nobodies unbeatable!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:23 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the real deal(on the magazine article) is that they picked a cam that is matched to the heads already on the car.....
the hotcam is possibly the most perfectly matched cam to the stock ls1 engine.........which is why it is so popular among people who want a cam and dont want to do a shitload of other mods to get power and dont want insane stress on the valvetrain.....
teh reason you make power down low is because your heads do the right job there...and dont get any better.....
try some ported and polished heads..stage 2..stage 3...I dont care what.....
you will loose some power down low(or get no noticable gains down low)..and gain it up high..... its just normal engine dynamics....
Old 03-29-2005, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Unhappy

Smokin, man dont even try! He is a true badass, your car doesnt stand a chance, its JUST a TRex....
I don't have the same setup he has and i''ll be adding heads and other bolts on so one I finish we won't be in the same class before I'm done I'm putting a 455 strocker motor procharged so would wven be in the ball park as me. His setup is great but I just have different goals in mind!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Cool

Because they new people are the ****! We are all 'old skool' 'techers and dont know ****.

BTW My offer to host still stands, as does the easy option to use tinypic.com hosting...
Your right you can't teach and old dog new tricks!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Man, this bobby guy's got more lies then there are Chin's in a Chinese phone book.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Man, this bobby guy's got more lies then there are Chin's in a Chinese phone book.
LMAO
thats great JL!