Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big cam statement

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobby1
I don't have the same setup he has and i''ll be adding heads and other bolts on so one I finish we won't be in the same class before I'm done I'm putting a 455 strocker motor procharged so would wven be in the ball park as me. His setup is great but I just have different goals in mind!
What is this strocker you speak of? Is this another badass deal you have going on?

I'd put money that your heads/cam/bolt on car wouldnt out run Smokin01TA.

You say there are other cars cam only running his times? HA! He is the record holding M6 cam only car. Maybe someone should learn what thy are talking about before they go 'bumpin their gums'.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by soundengineer
hmm..thats funny... I just got this in a mail from this site....
not exactly what you posted...

Hello soundengineer,

bobby1 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - big cam statement - in the LS1-LS6 Internal Engine forum of LS1TECH.

This thread is located at:
https://ls1tech.com/forums//showthre...6&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
your right looking at your numbers i'm almost there and I have a 2000 ta with ls6 intake and tuning 395 rwhp!

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,
LS1TECH team

um......

QUIT TRYING TO LIE!!!
So where is the response to this?
Old 03-29-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

hey bobby1, you're right. i am ex-military, but the only times i've ever really used the term "out-gunned" is referring to the enemy. nothing on the ground can outgun an M1A2 Abrams SEP Main Battle Tank. even disabled my old ride could take out a city block.

and yea.....I'll run you right now, stock cam, and see how i do. then i'll run you again when i put my cam in. we'll see who's talkin **** then. i've never had my car on the rollers.

Brandon, nice bro. Good catch on the "strocker" motor. I bet this guy is gonna install a 1.8L out of a jetta and put an electric fan on it and call it a procharged "strocker". anyone wanna place bets?

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 03-29-2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Before I do that I'm adding at least the ls6 intake or lsx either way your cam is not match for mine!
Thought you had the graphs? Lets to a comparo since you are so sure of your badass cam compared to mine. Earlier in this thread you were saying that. Post the damn things up man. I've already given you a few simple ideas on how to put the pics up. Hell I even (and still do) offered to host them for you. Tinypic.com will do it aswell.

Since your ex miltary use should be use to the term when your out gunned and bases of his cam with tunning my car is right there at 395 rwhp. Let's remember who stated bashing who. I personally if I made the numbers he is making, would look at another came because I saw a 2002 ta with headers and stock throttle make 397 rwhp with a hotcam 525 lift stock heads in gm high tech performance! Until a see a car with my mods put kind power down I'm going keep firing back at these inferior cams!
Your mods and power? Hell man look around at the G5X3, F15, MS3, Trex, there are plenty of cams out there making badass power w/o the ported TB or pulley.

Not to mention some of the smaller cams, also, there are several single pattern 22x cams making badass power aswell.

Originally Posted by 66deuce
i don't think you can win with this guy.no matter if you prove him wrong,he will just come back with bull#@ numbers.he doesn't know what he's talking about so he just lies to try to make himself look good.you can't argue with ignorant people
I'd rather say stupid, ignorance is unknowning, stupidity is knowing and going forth anyways. :
Old 03-29-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brandon
I'd rather say stupid, ignorance is unknowning, stupidity is knowing and going forth anyways. :
DAMN. Very well said, can't agree more.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't have the same setup he has and i''ll be adding heads and other bolts on so one I finish we won't be in the same class before I'm done I'm putting a 455 strocker motor procharged so would wven be in the ball park as me. His setup is great but I just have different goals in mind!
Hey cyphur, I found his procharger.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey bobby look around this sight and see if ur claimed number on ur claimed mods come anywhere near ur claims. Nope just doesn't happen, and it's real easy to talk about what ur gonna do but until its done ur really can't talk much.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Who gave the retard access to a computer?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really can't mess with you untill I get my heads and different rear end. Once that happens I see no problem in taking you down at the track because keep in my there are cam only cars running what you are running and nobodies unbeatable!
im glad you see no problem with that, id like to know who else runs these times that you say. cause there isnt any cam only car running these times and only 1 car in the world that has heads that even runs these times and i still mph higher than him, so what your saying is that you will have the best combo ever to be on a ls1 h/c package. um i dont think so.
even if you find a way to magically make the power that like part 1 of 20 to run the #
Old 03-29-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Who gave the retard access to a computer?
Exactly. Quick question, has anyone ever made 395 hp on a cam only, A4 with a LS1 intake and unported TB untuned? And the 440rwtq with the same setup is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard on this forum.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Unhappy

I can't believe I just read this whole fah-king thing....

Old 03-29-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by f-bodman
Exactly. Quick question, has anyone ever made 395 hp on a cam only, A4 with a LS1 intake and unported TB untuned? And the 440rwtq with the same setup is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard on this forum.
Forgot to mention the hypertech tuning..... We all know the HPP3 killed HPTuners and LS1Edit. I mean hell its *a* hpp3......

I think he should be banned until posting graphs, and being forced to read and take a test over JRP's cam threads, amongst all other large informative threads..
Old 03-29-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EDC

Thats probably one of the best posts in this thread!!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EDC

haha LMFAO!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:17 AM
Staging Lane

Well I geuss the venting is over. I think there is a lot of people that hit the hp wall on the LS1, hence the lying, My friend puts out 750 hp with a sbc 434. won a national title in a chevy luv truck. out fitted with a powerglide. HIS cam is a small base 785 lift 278 duration @.50 on a 101.5 lsa. Now THAT is a BIG CAM STATEMENT.

Last edited by denton needham; 04-01-2005 at 03:45 AM. Reason: i had the wrong c.i.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I want my five ******* minutes back!!!!

oh and bobby1 sucks1. Thats one dum mother right there
Old 03-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Launching!

i bet bobby rode the short bus to school
Old 03-30-2005, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
im glad you see no problem with that, id like to know who else runs these times that you say. cause there isnt any cam only car running these times and only 1 car in the world that has heads that even runs these times and i still mph higher than him, so what your saying is that you will have the best combo ever to be on a ls1 h/c package. um i dont think so.
even if you find a way to magically make the power that like part 1 of 20 to run the #
allan futral runns 9's texas speed and performance has a car running 10's and goto mti or thunder racing and look at the customer cars section now I'm not saying that there runs are official but they are their. Now once again you have a great set on your car but I will have a 427 with a procharger and if I can't do better than 10's at 130 I will need to take some driving lessons, keep in mind my car will be 600-750 to the wheels and your car makes 453!
Old 03-30-2005, 07:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

allan futral runns 9's texas speed and performance has a car running 10's and goto mti or thunder racing and look at the customer cars section now I'm not saying that there runs are official but they are their. Now once again you have a great set on your car but I will have a 427 with a procharger and if I can't do better than 10's at 130 I will need to take some driving lessons, keep in mind my car will be 600-750 to the wheels and your car makes 453!

I can't wait for the response to this moron statement......do you understand how stupid you just made yourself look?

Can a mod not get rid of this idiot?
Old 03-30-2005, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brandon
Forgot to mention the hypertech tuning..... We all know the HPP3 killed HPTuners and LS1Edit. I mean hell its *a* hpp3......

I think he should be banned until posting graphs, and being forced to read and take a test over JRP's cam threads, amongst all other large informative threads..
Brandon why are you so upset if I talk to someone on the chat room and they were making more power than myself, I would give them credit and maybe try to see how to better my car because I'm not satisfied with where my power is at I want more and I've read his section it helped me pickout my cam!Thanks jrp!