Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LME 6.0L Flow numbers!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Brandon... Aren't you the one who had the bad *** set of heads that you did, flowed at MTI that flowed like 260cfm.. How about you just go ahead and shut up now.. LME does no tricks on the porting or numbers. I watched Pecos flow a set of 6.0 heads two days ago. There is no tricks and no number inflating...

I'll tell you this much there isnt a car in the country at my weight that is as fast as me because of these guys. Brian and Pecos are some of the best LSx motor builders in Texas and it will always be that way as long as they are around!
Actually Ms. Powell you are right. MTI did flow them and the numbers were in that range and I admit that was a set I practiced on when I was just getting going, admittingly not knowing any of the finer points. You know I tried to be a nice guy and apologize, you just had to bring it back. Monday I will scan a flow sheet from my latest set of 5.3 heads just for you to see, I am not a site sponsor so hadnt seen the need before now.

Brandon
Old 04-02-2005, 02:55 AM
8 Second Club

How about this.. when you make something FAST then come talk.. These guys have... You just hate because of ignorance.. but its ok..
Old 04-02-2005, 03:44 AM
TECH Addict

Chill Powell before you hurt your back again. Hows it going? I still need to get by G-Force to drop the rims off for Jay! After the plug issue and fuel shortage they fixed, car is running pretty good!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
I would love some pictures of these heads flowing 350+. They must be doing something that no one else can figure out. Honestly anyone have pics? Man, you are getting into C5R range. That is just about unreal.......not to say it couldnt be done, its just a one in a 1000 thing.

Brandon

Brandon
Brandon,
I do have flow sheets, do not have pictures. Richard at West Coast Cylinder Head & MTI can put out some pretty mean product. I can e-mail them to you, the files are to big to post here.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude I am sorry, but your 241 heads dont flow those numbers. I am just about sick and tired of these bullshit numbers. Coming from a guy that spent over $500 last month in flow number on a TRUE bench I know. HP numbers are really what matter, but I have been working with guys that are profession porters and they just laugh at this stuff. As I am beginning too as well. LME is now and has always inflated everything they do. To the original poster what size valves are you running? What size seats? I can see 6.0 heads getting AROUND that number, but I will pay shipping and the flow fee, along with $100 if those numbers are real. Guys like me that are putting out a pretty good product just get laughed at when we tell our real flow numbers. Then we have a 228/.588 cam spin the dyno at 438/396. Its just crap.

Brandon
"Dude" No need to be so sorry , practice will make you a better head porter. What makes you think you are the only one who spent $$ on a "TRUE" bench ? What your saying is that what these "shops" are advertising on their flow #'s are bullshit because these reputable shops dont have a "TRUE" flow bench like you've flowed on ?? LOL . Now my friend , I believe that these shops have "more than adequate machinery , tools & most importantly the SKILL " .

You know what if the numbers are indeed real, then I will eat my words. Brandon
Start Chewing !!

You are going to have to a whole lot better than 100.00 & shipping if you want to see what my little 241 casting heads flow . This is what it will take because Im not doing any favors for you ..
1.) Cost of removal & installation of heads from shop of my choice .
2.) A 3500.00 deposit Just incase I dont get my heads back from you & have to duplicate them ( which I dont think I will once you find out what they flow on your "Super duper flow bench") . Hell youll probably install them on your own car !! Im j/k
3.) I keep half of your deposit once you find my numbers are correct , most of the time its costly to judge , or make mistakes .

What do you say ? PLease dont take the sarcasm seriously ..

I got in on this a little late .

Last edited by MRI-TEK; 04-02-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So...um....once again, what did it cost to get the heads ported to these flow numbers? and did that price include a core?

David
Old 04-02-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MRI-TEK
"Dude" No need to be so sorry , practice will make you a better head porter. What makes you think you are the only one who spent $$ on a "TRUE" bench ? What your saying is that what these "shops" are advertising on their flow #'s are bullshit because these reputable shops dont have a "TRUE" flow bench like you've flowed on ?? LOL . Now my friend , I believe that these shops have "more than adequate machinery , tools & most importantly the SKILL " .

Start Chewing !!

You are going to have to a whole lot better than 100.00 & shipping if you want to see what my little 241 casting heads flow . This is what it will take because Im not doing any favors for you ..
1.) Cost of removal & installation of heads from shop of my choice .
2.) A 3500.00 deposit Just incase I dont get my heads back from you & have to duplicate them ( which I dont think I will once you find out what they flow on your "Super duper flow bench") . Hell youll probably install them on your own car !! Im j/k
3.) I keep half of your deposit once you find my numbers are correct , most of the time its costly to judge , or make mistakes .

What do you say ? PLease dont take the sarcasm seriously ..

I got in on this a little late .
Well as I said last night I apologize for how I approached the whole thing. Next, I do not see myself in any way to be an authority. Just someone that has some practical experience. No pro by any means. Dude if you have 241 heads that flow those numbers, then they are an engineering marvel, to me anyways. Take what I say with a grain of salt. Especially when it is Friday and I started drinking at the oyster bar around 2:00 yesterday

Brandon
Old 04-02-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BDHWK
Well, I got a call from Bryan at LME yesterday, and he told me my motor and heads are done! He said the heads came out great!! I would say I have to agree. These heads were flowed on three different flow benches and the numbers were with in 2-3cfm of each bench. Here are the numbers:

Bore: 4.030
intake, exhaust (no pipe)
.200" 136, 114
.300" 206, 168
.400" 266, 209
.450" 286, 223
.500" 304, 231
.550" 321, 237
.600" 335, 240
.650" 341, 243

The cam is a 246/257 .633/.645 114LSA. This head/cam combo on the 408 should be a beast!! This motor will be alot of fun this year. I just need to get cracking to get this thing up and running.
Sorry 1BDHWK , I didnt mean for your thread to go into a pissing match . Just nice to see #'s like yours & mine coming from the same shop (LME) . Again , those are impressive flow #'s . It honestly doesn't surprise me coming from a shop of this caliber..
Old 04-02-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
So...um....once again, what did it cost to get the heads ported to these flow numbers? and did that price include a core?

David
PM sent.

Originally Posted by MRI-TEK
Sorry 1BDHWK , I didnt mean for your thread to go into a pissing match . Just nice to see #'s like yours & mine coming from the same shop (LME) . Again , those are impressive flow #'s . It honestly doesn't surprise me coming from a shop of this caliber..
Thanks Rob, I understand. There are always some naysayers. It will fun getting this monster down the track.

Here are a few pics:
Attached Thumbnails LME 6.0L Flow numbers!!-ben-b-408-002-1.jpg   LME 6.0L Flow numbers!!-ben-b-408-006-1.jpg   LME 6.0L Flow numbers!!-ben-b-408-013-1.jpg  

Last edited by 1BDHWK; 04-03-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look very similar to my TEA Stage 3 Jusdon Port 317's.

ex. int.
.1" 59.5 69.7
.2" 124.9 137.6
.3" 178.4 202.7
.4" 227.8 260.9
.5" 263.4 300.6
.55" 272.7 317.2
.6 " 280.9 332.3
Old 04-02-2005, 08:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I just wanted to thank all of the people that posted who have seen these heads flowed or other sets that have similar numbers. The heads were flowed on our bench and at S.A.M. by Casey Snyder. The numbers were almost identicle throughout the range. We (LME) are professionals and take every measure to ensure that our flow tests are as accurate as possible and we have no intention of misleading our clients. Regardless.. its the numbers at the track that we are most concerned about.

I encourage anyone to come to the shop and check out some of our ports and our test equipment. If you come by in the next few days we should have a set of AFR's for a solid roller set up that we are building. We are looking for 240 to 250 on the int. side. The heads were sent to us as CNC'd 225's. The heads back up at .600" lift out of the box. The biggest challenge is to keep them from getting turbulent throughout the .750" lift that the valves will see.

Thanks for your support,

Bryan Neelen
LME
713-849-4505
Old 04-02-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bryan@LME
I just wanted to thank all of the people that posted who have seen these heads flowed or other sets that have similar numbers. The heads were flowed on our bench and at S.A.M. by Casey Snyder. The numbers were almost identicle throughout the range. We (LME) are professionals and take every measure to ensure that our flow tests are as accurate as possible and we have no intention of misleading our clients. Regardless.. its the numbers at the track that we are most concerned about.

I encourage anyone to come to the shop and check out some of our ports and our test equipment. If you come by in the next few days we should have a set of AFR's for a solid roller set up that we are building. We are looking for 240 to 250 on the int. side. The heads were sent to us as CNC'd 225's. The heads back up at .600" lift out of the box. The biggest challenge is to keep them from getting turbulent throughout the .750" lift that the valves will see.

Thanks for your support,

Bryan Neelen
LME
713-849-4505
Thank you for everything Byran! I can't wait to get this thing in and running. I've got alot of work ahead of me. Thank you again for the pics. I'm not sure what is going on with them here on the board. When Raegan is ready to step up to the plate with her car, we will be giving you a call again.

Just waiting for the phone call so I can go pick up the new beast!
Old 04-03-2005, 04:56 AM
8 Second Club

1BDHWK - What alot of people do not understand is how much these guys put into the LS1 industry in Texas. I know there is S.A.M. (With Casey, Judson, etc..) but they are a custom company, not something you nor I could just go in and buy stuff. Like I have said many of times, thse guys do the right stuff. They will not try to screw you like some machine shops will. When I first came to Pecos and Bryan I had a cracked old style MTI Sleeved block. I was almost dead set on resleeving every cracked sleeve, there was 1 BIG crack and 2 on their way out. They COULD have resleeve those 3 broken ones and made a ton of $$$ off of it, but because they knew it would happen again they got me in the 408ci motor I have now. Now thats not the half of it.. they had to deal with me coming to the shop ever 2 or 3 days a week for awhile because I was over in the area alot, and had no problem bullshiting with me and explaining to me every thing. If it were not for these guys I really doubt my car would be as fast as it is today. They built the motors in the BlueGoose (The 8sec Houston LS1), BadBlueSS, MRI-TEK, PaiN, Paco, FasTech, and MANY others.

Trust me if you have any doubts on these guys work, they will show you how everything works at their shop. I still go by there every few weeks to drop stuff off for G-Force and get to watch them build some really bad *** motors.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Guys, LME is very stand up operation. They are not fudging any numbers. I felt comfortable enough about their reputation to have them build my motor.

Flow benches do vary. A friend of mine just had his TEA stage 3 heads flowed at LME late last week and they flowed around 330cfm.

I am gonna have my heads flowed there this week when I go down and visit the guys.

Quit hatin!!!

Last edited by kumar75150; 04-03-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
1BDHWK - What alot of people do not understand is how much these guys put into the LS1 industry in Texas. I know there is S.A.M. (With Casey, Judson, etc..) but they are a custom company, not something you nor I could just go in and buy stuff. Like I have said many of times, thse guys do the right stuff. They will not try to screw you like some machine shops will. When I first came to Pecos and Bryan I had a cracked old style MTI Sleeved block. I was almost dead set on resleeving every cracked sleeve, there was 1 BIG crack and 2 on their way out. They COULD have resleeve those 3 broken ones and made a ton of $$$ off of it, but because they knew it would happen again they got me in the 408ci motor I have now. Now thats not the half of it.. they had to deal with me coming to the shop ever 2 or 3 days a week for awhile because I was over in the area alot, and had no problem bullshiting with me and explaining to me every thing. If it were not for these guys I really doubt my car would be as fast as it is today. They built the motors in the BlueGoose (The 8sec Houston LS1), BadBlueSS, MRI-TEK, PaiN, Paco, FasTech, and MANY others.

Trust me if you have any doubts on these guys work, they will show you how everything works at their shop. I still go by there every few weeks to drop stuff off for G-Force and get to watch them build some really bad *** motors.
Chris,

That's the exact reason I went with LME. Bryan was honest and very helpful. They will always get my business when it comes to building motors. And hopefully, I can be close to as fast as some of the cars you mentioned.

Ben
Old 04-03-2005, 09:29 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
People that own 350+ CFM LSX Cylinder heads generally try to keep them a secret. Or they're the fastest people out there.
Actually, I have never seen or heard of an LS1/6 head flowing 350 on the intake @ .600, but I guess it could be done.

My heads flow over 600 cfm on the intake, oops, I digress off topic.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Suspended Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Wow, my 6.0's are CNC'd by TEA and hand finished with the same size valves and flow more than 20cfm less on the intake (exhaust is about the same). What's up with that?
these heads are NOT TEA heads, they are FFHP heads, TEA did the CNC work and the runners are no where near 250cc's on the intake, more like 238cc's
you can not compare apples to oranges.

BTW I in no way mean to sound as if I am knocking LME's heads as I am not. Stage 3 heads are almost always a custom setup to meet a particular need, a 408ci N2O motor will make good use of a 250cc intake, an N/A setup is not suited to such a large intake volume.

Good Job LME

Last edited by ForceFed HP; 04-03-2005 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

You guys drop the pissing match and take it to Private Message please. That means you too Powell

LME is a relatively new shop, but the guys running it have been building LS1s for several years. Pecos put the engine in my old Formula together. It ran pretty good

Tony
Old 04-03-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
Actually, I have never seen or heard of an LS1/6 head flowing 350 on the intake @ .600, but I guess it could be done.
TEA did that a year ago with their stg. 3 heads for a superstroker.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude I am sorry, but your 241 heads dont flow those numbers. I am just about sick and tired of these bullshit numbers. Coming from a guy that spent over $500 last month in flow number on a TRUE bench I know. HP numbers are really what matter, but I have been working with guys that are profession porters and they just laugh at this stuff. As I am beginning too as well. LME is now and has always inflated everything they do. To the original poster what size valves are you running? What size seats? I can see 6.0 heads getting AROUND that number, but I will pay shipping and the flow fee, along with $100 if those numbers are real. Guys like me that are putting out a pretty good product just get laughed at when we tell our real flow numbers. Then we have a 228/.588 cam spin the dyno at 438/396. Its just crap.

Brandon
To say that "LME is now and has always inflated everything they do" is out of line because you don't know, granted the 241 flow #'s don't seem right, and a professional porter shouldn't laugh at a 317 head that flows 340.

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Wow, my 6.0's are CNC'd by TEA and hand finished with the same size valves and flow more than 20cfm less on the intake (exhaust is about the same). What's up with that?
There is probably 20 cfm difference in the valve job we use and what most people have, and we don't give out that information.

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
I'm guessing TEA spent a lot less time in the porting room on your heads than Bryan and Pecos spent in their porting room on these heads.
We didn't valve job or hand finish the heads

Yeah TEA has been known as slackers........what planet are you from? Last I checked they are the most scientifically advanced company out there as far as head flow. Save an aftermarket company like Brodix and AFR.

Brandon
I'm flattered, but I would also like to think TEA has more talent then Brodix or AFR. We get a Brodix Neal SBF head to flow way more air (440 cfm) then Brodix or Al Neal who created it and our factory LS castings outpower anything that AFR has come up with.

Lets use a AFR 205 for reference flow #'s, they go 302-303 on our bench, we have seen a LS6 head go almost 360 @ .600". There are some SERIOUS LS head porters out there, I am not one of them, however, I was smart enough to hire the SAM employee who did our original Judson port design. We were stuck at 320 @ .600", Judson sent us a head 2 years ago that went 330 @ .600" and now Paris Pugliese who worked at SAM and did the original Judson port, did a port when he went to work for TEA a year ago that goes 340 @ .600"

So, just like I have told Tony Mamo before, "I have never walked on the face of the moon and never will, however, someone else did it 37 years ago, so just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done" in other words, there are some VERY intelligent people out there doing this stuff, so don't underestimate their abilities.

Quick Reply: LME 6.0L Flow numbers!!