Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LME 6.0L Flow numbers!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
So, just like I have told Tony Mamo before, "I have never walked on the face of the moon and never will, however, someone else did it 37 years ago, so just because you can't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done" in other words, there are some VERY intelligent people out there doing this stuff, so don't underestimate their abilities.
Brian...

With due respect, to compare a 205 AFR to something 40-50 cc's larger is a little silly. Both have their place in the world, but certainly not in a comparison. Our 225's are getting closer, (but still at a major disadvantage in volume to something 20+ cc's larger), however, given a fair test, they would hold their own against many a Stg 3 head till .600 lift, even though most of the larger ported factory castings (Stg 3, etc.) have a 10-20 cc advantage. Yes...a 225 will stall after .600 (typical of smaller LS heads), where a larger head properly shaped will go higher, but once again, we designed this head to have a tremendous curve from .200-.600 and IMHO we nailed it pretty good. Time and further independent dyno results will either back what I just said, or refute it, but I'm confident guys will be puting down the number with 225's. Some of the first results we have seen have already indicated that. With any hydraulic roller cam, or even a moderate solid roller (.650 or less), the cross section and flow characteristics of the 225's are very ideal. The "bigger" heads being spoken about in this thread are great for bragging rights and some very specific combinations, but at this point, AFR has decided to target a broader audience. A 245ish AFR is on the horizon, but for now, we need to focus on production and getting our current heads to market. And believe me, I have seen quite a few "Stg 3's" across my flowbench, most of which were claiming some serious #'s, so I have a pretty good idea of where they fall on our equipment. I will be posting results of some of this testing in another thread.

I did not mean to hijack this thread, but my name, as well as our product, was brought up once to many times for me to continue being just a spectator. I agree with you that there are alot of talented people out there and I'm sure we could all teach each other a couple of new tricks if given the oppurtunity to work together.

So when are we going to the moon??

Tony M.

Last edited by Tony Mamo @ AFR; 04-03-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
Actually, I have never seen or heard of an LS1/6 head flowing 350 on the intake @ .600, but I guess it could be done.

My heads flow over 600 cfm on the intake, oops, I digress off topic.
There are at least 10 sets of LS6 heads flowing 360 or higher. They're all at bigger lifts than .600 though.

And you just gotta brag don'tcha?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:59 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
And you just gotta brag don'tcha?
Yea, I guess, but I'm mainly just trying to have fun with this stuff. Afterall, that's the only reason for these cars.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:56 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ben,
Glad to see the heads worked out so well. I told ya you would be happy with them. LME rocks.

Quick Reply: LME 6.0L Flow numbers!!