Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FFHP is no longer a TEA dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
my point was that this thread was about a misunderstanding between a sponsor and a customer that was more than likely prematurely posted on here when another sponsor found the problem.. i think it could have been handled with a bit more diplomacy... patriot was on the thread to give some insight on the type of company FFHP is... i just didnt think that part of brents post was Necessary or valid to this topic and did nothing to resolve the situation.
Chris,
The main point is I asked FFHP on more than one occassion if they needed me to to CNC them a set of heads for this particular customer.They told me they were going to give the person a set of Heads we had previously done for one of thier personal vehicles. Now if I have a set of heads done for my personal vehicle I know who did them. As I am sure FFHP knew who did the heads in question.
TEA as a company can not afford to have product going out the door that does not perform to our or our customers expectations. We always take the first step to make sure our customers get more than what they paid for. Now when a company sells a set of heads that they claim to be ours and they are in fact from another company that has stolen port designs from us in the past(as has been admitted by their former employees), and worse yet it is a substandard product in our eyes and it is using sub standard partsthen we have a major problem.
We have already been harmed by people claiming to have FFHP/TEA ported heads not performing well. Now tell me how do we know what the customer really got?
The facts are we and the customer were done wrong and our reputation has suffered.
I did not make this post to resolve issues. I started this post to make sure everyone knew the FFHP was not a dealer of ours any longer.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy do I wish the forum would require a course on diplomacy before you can post!

I don't know any of the specifics. There are two sides to every story and there may or may not be culpability.

So, Brett, unless you were intending to 'get even' all you had to do was post the fact of your action: FFHP is not an unauthorized dealer. People who are interested could then go further.

If this was a repeat, intentional action, your lawyers could handle it. They probably would not have recommended this forum as a primary venue. Similar to your issue with Patriot.

We all sympathize with you for having your work copied or erroneously promoted. Unfortunately, that is one of the penalties of being the best.

Brad, your answer may have been a little too detailed and not direct enough. It is difficult to figure out what you are saying. You may have been better off asking the moderator or forum owner to moderate and edit.

This is a great place to learn and to sell products. These hostile exchanges scare people away from modifying their cars and vendors from participating in the forums. Neither is a good result.

David
Old 04-05-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Boy do I wish the forum would require a course on diplomacy before you can post!

I don't know any of the specifics. There are two sides to every story and there may or may not be culpability.

So, Brett, unless you were intending to 'get even' all you had to do was post the fact of your action: FFHP is not an unauthorized dealer. People who are interested could then go further.

If this was a repeat, intentional action, your lawyers could handle it. They probably would not have recommended this forum as a primary venue. Similar to your issue with Patriot.

We all sympathize with you for having your work copied or erroneously promoted. Unfortunately, that is one of the penalties of being the best.

Brad, your answer may have been a little too detailed and not direct enough. It is difficult to figure out what you are saying. You may have been better off asking the moderator or forum owner to moderate and edit.

This is a great place to learn and to sell products. These hostile exchanges scare people away from modifying their cars and vendors from participating in the forums. Neither is a good result.

David
:Applause:
Old 04-05-2005, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrentB@TEA
Chris,
The main point is I asked FFHP on more than one occassion if they needed me to to CNC them a set of heads for this particular customer.They told me they were going to give the person a set of Heads we had previously done for one of thier personal vehicles. Now if I have a set of heads done for my personal vehicle I know who did them. As I am sure FFHP knew who did the heads in question.
TEA as a company can not afford to have product going out the door that does not perform to our or our customers expectations. We always take the first step to make sure our customers get more than what they paid for. Now when a company sells a set of heads that they claim to be ours and they are in fact from another company that has stolen port designs from us in the past(as has been admitted by their former employees), and worse yet it is a substandard product in our eyes and it is using sub standard partsthen we have a major problem.
We have already been harmed by people claiming to have FFHP/TEA ported heads not performing well. Now tell me how do we know what the customer really got?
The facts are we and the customer were done wrong and our reputation has suffered.
I did not make this post to resolve issues. I started this post to make sure everyone knew the FFHP was not a dealer of ours any longer.
Brent,
You know that i know the quality of TEA products.. second to none in my opinion. Like i said in my PM to you, i would be here defending TEA if the roles where reversed.
I understand that you guys feel that the TEA name has been drug though mud by heads that where not yours.. i can tell you and anyone else who reads this that when I bought my heads, i was given the option between TEA and Patriot heads.. there was a price difference but i went with the TEA heads because i know how great the CNC work is and how well they flow. I know that my heads flowed awsome for your program 1 heads.. and as good as alot of your program 2 heads.. espeacially in the mid range.

When someone orders heads from FFHP they are given the option of which heads they want.. i dont know why this mistake has happened, i havent ever heard of any other issues like this from them.. i do believe it was an one time issue.

if it would help this situation at all, ill personally drive over to FFHP and kick Brad square in the nuts!
Old 04-05-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That was a good post David. I would not buy anything from TEA soley on the attitude I am sensing. I mean its crystal clear that this Brett guy is out to defame the vendor(s) being called out. I have seen proffesionals part ways and they always leave the dirty details out of it.

Can TEA prove someone copied their work? Did TEA have a patent on their work?

Just sounds like a buncha BS to me and TEA was way out of line in my opinion to come off like that. Look at the size and style of the fonts when posted. It was purely a flame.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LS1TECH needs to have a policy against this sort of mudslinging by one sponsor against another. It is unheard of for proffesionals to carry on like that.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

David,
My name is Brent

Originally Posted by DavidNJ

David
Old 04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full-Force
I would not buy anything from TEA soley on the attitude I am sensing. I mean its crystal clear that this Brett guy is out to defame the vendor(s) being called out. I have seen proffesionals part ways and they always leave the dirty details out of it.

Just sounds like a buncha BS to me and TEA was way out of line in my opinion to come off like that. Look at the size and style of the fonts when posted. It was purely a flame.
If TEA didn't make it public, what would have happened a year from now when the heads failed and ook out a shortblock? What would have happened when the heads underperformed, and the buyer wasn't happy with his numbers? I'll tell you what would have happened, TEA would have been bashed UNMERCIFULLY, and it would have been nearly impossible to prove the heads were not TEAs after the fact. And for God's sake, its BRENT not Brett.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent@TEA
This coming from the company that bought heads from us and copied our work.

Thats like Micheal Jackson giving a glowing review a child daycare. I think you would do best handling another of your many recalls and leave this thread to a real cylinder head company.
Uncalled for. Replies like this do absolutely nothing positive for your reputation. I did not see Patriot attack TEA here.

Thread closed, appears to be handled.