Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FMS shipping problems ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry FMS shipping problems ?

Anyone have a problem with Futral motorsports ? its been 4 weeks since i have ordered my cam and the first week the cam was apparently not in, but it would be in a half hour , so i requested a phone call when the cam came in, and even if it didnt come in. a week later with no phone call i call back... no one knows what is going on, but i am told they are expecting delivery that day, i tell them i heard that last time and i requested a phone call and didnt get one. so they make a *note* of it to call when it comes in.. week later no dice, i call back and they say they have the cam and dont know why it wasnt shipped, "we will ship it out tuesday morning and you WILL have it by friday" friday comes, i take my car apart waiting on my cam ,, never shows.. i hope it comes today but i am extremely dissapointed and very very unhappy and they haven't done a Single THING to make it right.

edit: after week 2 they were aware that my car was being worked on friday april 15th.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

They have been seriously busy lately from what it looks like (especially with everyone and their mother wanting an f13). All I can tell you is just give them time, if things are backordered they really don't have much control over it. It'll all be worth it in the end .
Old 04-16-2005, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Hopefully you get your cam soon, they do make crazy power if setup right.

Last edited by INVISIBLEZ; 04-16-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Launching!

They have been very backed up....
Old 04-16-2005, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

that sux man! I called them on like a monday and ordered cam and install kit, got my cam the following monday I believe. They were very helpful and friendly. Though they did say they were very backed up but new cams were coming in all the time from the HUGE gp they had placed.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike Iam sorry about the problems you are having. You have a PM to discuss this issue.

Yes we are backed up from our cam grinder and other parts suppliers. We had a total of 96 cam orders,and our cam supplier grinds the cams in same grind oder(all the F13's at one time,and all the F14's at one time) So some orders may be get shipped sooner then others. Then we have to wait for them to finish them. We are also have delays in getting PRC spring kits and Manley shipped us a big batch of wrong retainers.

When we agreed to the GP we explained about the delays we were having to everybody. We will have to think hard about doing another cam\valvetrain GP
Old 04-17-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Why would you disassemble the car unless you had the stuff in hand?

I understand you were told you'd have it but, if it were me, I'd never disassemble the car unless I had my parts in hand. Even if it had shipped when you were told, the shipping company could have had problems getting it to you on time, etc.

Futral will do you right. They're at the mercy of their suppliers and what they tell them regarding their status. When they get the parts in you can rest assured they'll be on their way to you
Old 04-17-2005, 03:20 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

i am too having a problem with futral.
i needed to talk to allen, from the recomendations i got here local, and off this board.
took me a week to actually talk to him about a custom grind cam.
i ordered my cam on the 28th of march, and was told it would be around 10 days.
no biggie, ive got a month before i need it.(then)
i called monday april 11th and was told the cams were in and "he"(kip?) would call me back in a few minutes to let me know if my cam is in this batch.
no return call, so i called back tuesday, he again said he would return my call.
no return call, so i called back on wed, talked to candy, and told her the situation. she said they had another batch of cams in and she was going to get them sorted out andcall me back in 20 minutes.
im still waiting.

im all new to the ls1 world, and this is my 1st experience with them. i hope it wont be my last, as i have heard they try hard to be the best, both in parts and customer service.
hopefully everything turns out for the better.