Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a nice setup.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's my Malibu It's a 03 model I bought used with only 50 hours on it. We have the hardest working guys so I try to take them to the lake 1 or 2 times a week. It's good to get a break sometimes

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 05-23-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
The heads are ported the same for 1.5 & 2.5 heads. The only difference is the exhaust valve size
Again, is bigger better? Why go with the small valve if the bigger one is the same price?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good Stuff here....

P.S I think it's funny how you guys assigned stages: 1.5 and 2.5.
So Stage 1 and 2 are not good enough huh ?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

P.S I think it's funny how you guys assigned stages: 1.5 and 2.5.
That is a marketing ploy to give them identity.
I agree that this stuff should be standardised, it only makes sense from a consumer point of view; but from a supplier, that cuts into the "Competition rule of combat"
Old 05-24-2005, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Those intake ports are indentical to patriot ports...I mean to the T.But the exhaust port looks good and much different.The same porter for patriot HAD to design that intake port though..Never the less awesome numbers and price too!
Old 05-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
That is a marketing ploy to give them identity.
I agree that this stuff should be standardised, it only makes sense from a consumer point of view; but from a supplier, that cuts into the "Competition rule of combat"
ever heard of revisions? Maybe thats the reason maybe not but ls1 head porting has come a long way since the first heads were being done. PRC doesnt have an old head design to revise so its going buy the new revisions of others maybe? Not sure but there are differences in the stages obviously, all you have to do is read the description to see that. Orignaly the stages may have been 1 and 2 but with newer technology they became 1.5 and 2.5.
Myabe the 1.5 is a little better than the 1 and the same for the 2.5. In order to be accurate about it you need to compare flow numers and valve sizes with current and older products. You want to bitch about revison numbers lets talk about the king of revision and confusion "software"
Its not all about marketing sometimes it could be just more than you understand. OR not.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10secondZ
Those intake ports are indentical to patriot ports...I mean to the T.But the exhaust port looks good and much different.The same porter for patriot HAD to design that intake port though..Never the less awesome numbers and price too!
Well if you look at some of the other posts you'll see TEA taking credit.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:52 AM
10 Second Club

Maybe on the exhaust side..but that intake port was deffinatly not designed by TEA.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10secondZ
Maybe on the exhaust side..but that intake port was deffinatly not designed by TEA.

From what I have read Patroit copied TEA's design.
So therefore I guess TEA made a nice port design, and then it was copied and pasted and now copied and pasted again.
If this were ture, I would really hate to ever look at PP heads in a good way.
To copy another head porters design and then underbid them is not good business. I know this happens all the time in every firld of work, I just dont care to see it especially in this field.
I myself nor anyone that I know has ever confirmed what I have said to be true, just what I have read.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
I myself nor anyone that I know has ever confirmed what I have said to be true, just what I have read.
Then why post your statement if you have NO FACTS to back it up?
Old 05-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cliff98Z
Then why post your statement if you have NO FACTS to back it up?

For 2 reason's.
One I was replying to what was said in this post above.
"Well if you look at some of the other posts you'll see TEA taking credit.

Maybe on the exhaust side..but that intake port was deffinatly not designed by TEA."

2. I have read what i stated before on this site and was hoping that maybe someone had more knowledge to if this is true or not.

When did it become wrong to post something that may or may not be true? How often is there a post about the 2007 Camaro coming back out when it is all hear say and nobody has a actural confirmed fact?
Why dont you go bash the 100's of posts over the past 2-3 years on that subject?
Hope I have answered your question.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Banned

Theres only so much material and so many ways to port a head. Is it stolen port design? Hmm are they copyrighted? If there is a copy right infringement there are lawyers for that. Who made what first and what rumors about who is doing what is soap opera drama. You can debate it if you want but my money goes to the person with the good reputation for doing right by the customer and the best deal. IF it comes down to a, b, and c all offering the same product then I'm going with the best deal. Telling me x head is best at y price and I'm the best head porter ( even though all the flow numbers are close enough to call twins) is not going to get my business.
ITs called competition and the US was built on it. a and c company might have got my business but they werent willing to work for it. B company did, gave me a great deal on all the parts needed to install and some not needed. Its not under-cutting, its salesmanship that got my business. That and not bad mouthing the competition. You want to win the sale, THEN outsell them!
ps
And the way I read it TEA sold the cnc program. But I'm not interested in starting another debate. TEA can sell the program to a competitor and then the comp can hand finish beyond that to make it their own.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

From all the patriot heads and TEA's I have seen look to be completely different actually..I have 3 sets of TEA's and 2 patriots in my shop right now..and they look nothing alike..however I just recieved 3 sets of PRC 2.5's and they look identical to the patriot port openings..maybe it's just the same CNC equipment.Because the PRC shortside,roof,floor and bowls look different..but the intake opening is to the T..that nasty gouge in the lower right hand side of the intake ports..thats something I have only seen from patriot, and now it shows up on the PRC's as well.Again it could just be the same CNC equipment and thats a trademark of that equipment? Who knows, all I know is I use them all..I have had every cylinder head in my shop known to man except bo white heads, and those look very good and cheap too but I have no physical proof that PRC and Patriot are affiliated..just kinda fishy to me.I have spent over $30,000.00 with patriot and PRC combined in the last two years (mostly patriot since PRC is new) and I will continue to purchase from them..but TEA's CNC quality just seems to be unsurpassed as far as tooling marks and what not.Patriots and PRC have always seemed like a jackhammer went nuts inside the ports because the tooling marks are so jagged.I always spend an extra 5-6 hours on them with cartdrige rolls and my makida to make sure they are good enough to install.No doubt though PRC's blow the patriots outta the water in flow and quality as far as im concerned.I need to order a few more sets in the next few weeks, so i will post the port differences with pics,cc,mcsa,and flow on a local SF-600 and SF-1200 for comparason.

Carter
Old 05-25-2005, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

For 2 reason's.
One I was replying to what was said in this post above.
"Well if you look at some of the other posts you'll see TEA taking credit.

Maybe on the exhaust side..but that intake port was deffinatly not designed by TEA."

2. I have read what i stated before on this site and was hoping that maybe someone had more knowledge to if this is true or not.

When did it become wrong to post something that may or may not be true? How often is there a post about the 2007 Camaro coming back out when it is all hear say and nobody has a actural confirmed fact?
Why dont you go bash the 100's of posts over the past 2-3 years on that subject?
Hope I have answered your question.
I just figured you like talking out of your *** since you have over a 1,000 post and you have been around sense 04'. I think you should do more reading and less posting on subjects you have NO FACTS ON.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cliff98Z
I just figured you like talking out of your *** since you have over a 1,000 post and you have been around sense 04'. I think you should do more reading and less posting on subjects you have NO FACTS ON.

Is this really the best comment you could think of?
My number is 239-872-5541 if you would like to talk about any LS1 stuff.
That is a challenge to test my knowledge.
I am not the smartest person on here, but made my first 10 second pass in a LS1 in 2000, and have over 500 time slips. I have owned 4 different LS1's and own 3 right now.
I have used 12 different converter's, 9 different aftermarket camshaft's. I have blown up a Motor, blown up at least 8 tranny's, have a full shop in my back yard.
Maybe you should STFU unless you know me.
Fell free to call and ask any question you want about a F body. If you ask about 6 speed stuff you will stump me as I dont know much because I dont own a 6 speed car.
Again I dont know everything but if you read the posts above I guess I am not the only one who has heard rumor's of the patroit and TEA head coping.
And BTW, maybe you didn't realize I wrote what I did after READING the info on this site.
I guess I read quite a bit afterall.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Is this really the best comment you could think of?
My number is 239-872-5541 if you would like to talk about any LS1 stuff.
That is a challenge to test my knowledge.
I am not the smartest person on here, but made my first 10 second pass in a LS1 in 2000, and have over 500 time slips. I have owned 4 different LS1's and own 3 right now.
I have used 12 different converter's, 9 different aftermarket camshaft's. I have blown up a Motor, blown up at least 8 tranny's, have a full shop in my back yard.
Maybe you should STFU unless you know me.
Fell free to call and ask any question you want about a F body. If you ask about 6 speed stuff you will stump me as I dont know much because I dont own a 6 speed car.
Again I dont know everything but if you read the posts above I guess I am not the only one who has heard rumor's of the patroit and TEA head coping.
And BTW, maybe you didn't realize I wrote what I did after READING the info on this site.
I guess I read quite a bit afterall.
Damn, sand in your *****? Who cares how many ls1s you own I've had 3 whats it matter? I'll be at all the LS1tech races come and find me. I'm a real small guy.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok guys, on the count of 10, start shooting
Old 05-25-2005, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAO This post is getting way off topic! LOL

The port and CNC work is different from anyone else's design. Carter is right that the ports on all three heads are different. I think what you're seeing on the bottom of the port is more the way the bit and Haas machine cut on the floor. I think Terry could explain to us what causes the extra groove at the bottom. It's not just the 5.3L heads that it does it on either. We're not here to cut heads the same as a competitor, especially one that we willingly quit selling! We're not interested in copying what's out there. If we're going to go all out and purchase a CNC 5-axis machine the last thing we're going to do is copy a port and call it our own! It would be hard to market a cylinder head partly based on product differentiation if we were cutting the same ports.

No need for rumors here. We weren't the ones copying any TEA ports... Or anybody's port for that matter! LOL

Last edited by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.; 05-25-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Banned

I will gladly get back on topic as I didn't realize we had some members on here acting like this was LS1.com

What I and everyone else should be posting is a simple thank you for taking the time to "show off" the heads.
It is great to have additional head porters in the LS1 world.
So therefore I will add my thank you.

Quick Reply: Precision Race Components Head Pics & Detailed Specs