Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some PRC Questions?

Old 07-16-2005, 03:33 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some PRC Questions?

Who is PRC?
Who owns the name, if anyone, and what is the relationship with others involved?
When did PRC spring to life?

I seem to have missed the whole Terry moving from PP, and the sudden rise of PRC etc. But from what I have gathered, it sounds like TSP owns the name, and the CNC Machine, and Terry has the program for the CNC. Which seems totally backwards to me, where I would think Terry has the program, and CNCs the heads, and TSP (or others) are just a retailer. Kind of confused here and I like knowledge.

Thanks,

Charlie

p.s. some of this I am asking since I dont see PRC, Precision Race Components, or Racetech, or any other spelling, or subsidiary listed as sponsor here. Couldnt find Racetech or PRC's homepage either.

Last edited by CAT3; 07-16-2005 at 04:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:49 AM
10 Second Club

I think one of the guys at TSP owns PRC (not sure if they want there name tied with it our not, not my place) and has the CNC'ing done there and then they go to Terry to do the hand blending and assembly. Terry also makes the TI retainers for PRC. All in together, but it keeps the overhead down and makes them priced right. Good bunch of guys though!
Old 07-16-2005, 03:56 AM
Restricted User

I heard "rumor" about the same thing. I cant believe they would send the heads off for hand finishing, when I am sure they could find someone unaffiliated with any past drama, that is competent to do it, if that is the case.

I wont buy any heads, or other product, unless I can get some answers on the background.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been gone over several times & a search could have solved this. PRC is a company Trevor & I created to build cylinder heads after we stopped selling another brand that had quality issues. Terry currently builds our retainers & finishes some of the cylinder heads. The drama on the other post may or may not be acurrate. I have requested the cylinder heads back to check them out very carefully. It seems like the company that flowed them have interest in them flowing poorly.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 07-16-2005, 11:06 PM
Restricted User

Jason, thanks for clearing this up. I tried the search, but as I am sure you are well aware of, there was so much to go through, drama and other. I appreciate the answer and will contact via email for some questions or input.

Sincerly,

Charlie
Old 07-17-2005, 02:41 AM
10 Second Club

I dont see any reason why my thread was locked... Everything was staying on topic and was very informative to the public. But, I guess someone disagrees..
Old 07-17-2005, 06:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
It seems like the company that flowed them have interest in them flowing poorly.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
I dont see any reason why my thread was locked... Everything was staying on topic and was very informative to the public. But, I guess someone disagrees..
Please DO NOT make this thread out to be something it was not intended to be! This is not and attack, or question time for personal issues. I simply wanted to hear, without relying on rumor, the deal. Jason answered and thats all I needed. Far as I am concerned this one can be locked or even deleted, wouldnt bother me a bit.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

I'm still wondering where my PRC Heads are that I ordered...
Old 07-17-2005, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
Please DO NOT make this thread out to be something it was not intended to be! This is not and attack, or question time for personal issues. I simply wanted to hear, without relying on rumor, the deal. Jason answered and thats all I needed. Far as I am concerned this one can be locked or even deleted, wouldnt bother me a bit.

haha WHATEVER
Old 07-17-2005, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
haha WHATEVER
Well I read the other thread and I've come to the conclusion that they might have flowed bad but the company took all the step in making the effort to get a new set with true numbers to you or anyone.

I've gotten bad food once but I cant say that all their food is bad. So with that much

I'm just wondering why I haven;t been charged for my Heads or even got a tracking number or even where any of my other parts are at...
Old 07-17-2005, 02:35 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Jeff, give Jon, Zach, or Jason a call Monday for an update. If yours were the hand-finished they were taking a little longer from the extra work involved. Don't normally charge for parts until they they are shipped, if your other parts are boxed/waiting for heads, they could prob ship those out if you'd like them quicker.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Well I read the other thread and I've come to the conclusion that they might have flowed bad but the company took all the step in making the effort to get a new set with true numbers to you or anyone.

I've gotten bad food once but I cant say that all their food is bad. So with that much

(

Yes Jason has stepped up and said he would handle it. And that is fine by me. I am not bashing Jason because he was always nice and helpful when I've talked to him. I just think that through all of the bullshit things have gotten a lil out of his control and now this.. Maybe now that TSP has a little more control on their PRC products things will be 100% in order with quality control. I'm gonna have these heads flow tested again just to make sure that the current numbers are legit and then we can move on from there..
Old 07-17-2005, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaro98z28

I'm just wondering why I haven;t been charged for my Heads or even got a tracking number or even where any of my other parts are at...
I ordered mine in March through Terry at Racetech, and the heads aren't ready yet. I've called and emailed it just seems like it gets pushed back every week.

Last edited by Caribe; 07-17-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

It would be nice to hear from the guys that have had positive results with these PRC heads. So far I have only heard 2 negatives. The issue with poor packaging and this issue with the flow numbers.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:42 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Caribe,

Terry said your heads were complete & shipping Monday. Call me & I can get you tracking information in the morning
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com

Search this Thread