Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting My Cam Install Tomorrow...wish me luck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome pic of the ball and chain...

i've seen that look many a time...

continued good luck!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can probably get away without changing the cover gasket, but don'tchance it with the crank seal.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Good luck, follow jmx's instructions and be patient. Will you be doing it by yourself? it's possible but frustrating, yet you dont waste all the time of people bs'ing you either.

You will love the new found power

Sorry: I guess I should have read to the end of the post before posting myself
Old 08-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Banned

You know, both looks of the dogs are priceless; I had some dogs a few years ago, and after a while (took some sorting out...), they started towards certain things in the workshop. Now I'm not sure if it was a cooincidence...but they could distinguish a beer from soda. Talk about manners, lol.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, just another quick update. My buddy came over and he installed the springs, oil pump, cam and timing chain. Also, taking out the steering rack was a bit of a PITA, but all in all, he busted it out like a pro(Thanks Jason). I will post some more pics tomorrow. SO, now what I have left to do, is back it all back together. If anyone wants to help...come on over. Now, I get to sit back and have a beer.

Jason
Old 08-27-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown Interceptor
Well, just another quick update. My buddy came over and he installed the springs, oil pump, cam and timing chain. Also, taking out the steering rack was a bit of a PITA, but all in all, he busted it out like a pro(Thanks Jason). I will post some more pics tomorrow. SO, now what I have left to do, is back it all back together. If anyone wants to help...come on over. Now, I get to sit back and have a beer.

Jason
I wanna come over just to see what the 114 version of my cam sounds like

But seeing that you're in cali, that's a bit of a trip for me from Florida. I think now I understand why you went with the 114..... Cali Emissions!
Old 08-28-2005, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Hi Jason hows it going? This is Chris I sold you some 4:10 gears a few years ago.

I was wondering how do you think that cam is going to do as far as emissions? Im thinking about a TR 220 for my car but im still looking into different options.Are you going to have your car tuned or just try to get by with stock tunning?

Thanks, Chris

Last edited by Stab & Steer SS; 08-28-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Chris,

I am using HP tuners to tune my car. I have heard other people have passed with the TR 224. I am not sure what I need to de-tune when smog time comes. I actually heard they scan your car for any PCM mods. So I might have to put the stock tune in when it comes time for smog.